Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

What Marshall's departure should tell us...

Is that ONCE A-FLIPPING-GAIN we are farting about with whom to appoint as manager etc....whilst other clubs begin snapping up players. I will be SO SO SO SO ANGRY if this summer is a repeat of the last three:

1) Sell all talent to other teams

2) Release statement saying no one does business in July and go off on holiday

3) Arrive for pre-season minus at least 3 key positions including striker

4) be linked with genuine talent followed by hard luck story

5) sign some unkown players from Scotland and beyond in desperation and declare the loan market still open

It really is groundhog day. We are in crisis and NOTHING is coming out of the board room. No manager, no players, nothing.

Whilst it is obvious we must lose SOME players....we need to look at Leicester who secured their best and got it right

SHEESH all out and no one in. How can we POSSIBLY sell ANYONE when we have so very few players of our own. If this club were a house there would be no doors or windows

I completely agree. Logic says we should calm it as this is all just speculative as it stands, but we''ve seen it all before. You''re right - I fully expect groundhog day.

If Marshall is sold on the cheap and lets remember he is the Scotland B team keeper it simply means that we are skint and cannot even hold on for a few weeks for more money.This is going to be a hard slog we have chosen a really bad time to go and get relagated.

[quote user="Soldier on"]we need to force the coom out as soon as possible otherwise its R.I.P Norwich City FC[/quote]

Coom?

It''s good to know though that the club were all geared up ready in case we were relegated.

Who is negotiating these deals?

Doncaster, who''s head is on the block, Gunn  who''s head is on the block, err Munby who''s oh you get the picture.

Really in a frame of mind for tough negotiation and getting the best deal?

The vultures circle and all we have got is an unprotected carcass to pick at.

RIP NCFC

The chief exec has to be behind this. He of the great football knowledge. After all he''s got to look to the size of his own pay-off.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Doncaster, who''s head is on the block, Gunn  who''s head is on the block, err Munby who''s oh you get the picture.

RIP NCFC

[/quote]

I hope you''re going to be in a more positive mood when you buy me a drink on Thursday, Butler! [;)]

All this is remarkably simple and is repeated time and time again at any club relegated with or without money.  If the agent can possibly get them out they will get them out.  That is what they are paid for.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]All this is remarkably simple and is repeated time and time again at any club relegated with or without money.  If the agent can possibly get them out they will get them out.  That is what they are paid for.[/quote]I''m guessing that Marshall was one of the players unwilling to take a pay cut then, eh Cam.  Maybe we have a replacement in the wings in Rudd - seems like a big ask though.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

RIP NCFC

[/quote]

I hope you''re going to be in a more positive mood when you buy me a drink on Thursday, Butler! [;)]

[/quote]

Trying to contact you but your e-mail through Pinkun, bounces. So how am I going to buy that pint?!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]All this is remarkably simple and is repeated time and time again at any club relegated with or without money.  If the agent can possibly get them out they will get them out.  That is what they are paid for.[/quote]

I''m guessing that Marshall was one of the players unwilling to take a pay cut then, eh Cam.  Maybe we have a replacement in the wings in Rudd - seems like a big ask though.
[/quote]

As previously stated Marshall will be equally concerned about his "international status".  So will his agent.

What is more worrying is the signal this sends to the rest of the sqaud.  People like Clingan and Hoolahan and Doherty will not want to spend more than a season in League 1 and I think they might start to get itchy feet if they think we are selling our chance at bouncing straight back.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]All this is remarkably simple and is repeated time and time again at any club relegated with or without money.  If the agent can possibly get them out they will get them out.  That is what they are paid for.[/quote]

I''m guessing that Marshall was one of the players unwilling to take a pay cut then, eh Cam.  Maybe we have a replacement in the wings in Rudd - seems like a big ask though.
[/quote]Rudd has not been on loan anywhere so if he is to become 1st choice he is being thrown in at deep end. Lewis'' 1st major loan was at Morecambe where he excelled for half a season in Div4, so it is not impossible for Rudd to succeed straight away if he is as good as Lewis was at the same stage of his career.

[quote user="rjwc22"]What is more worrying is the signal this sends to the rest of the sqaud.  People like Clingan and Hoolahan and Doherty will not want to spend more than a season in League 1 and I think they might start to get itchy feet if they think we are selling our chance at bouncing straight back.[/quote]

I think Mr Hoolahan is doing his best to avoid spending any time in League One.  Only his injury may stand in his way.  He''s done League One.

I just hope we manage to make some money on him when he goes back to the champ.

I''m shocked that anyone would want to pay more than peanuts for Marshall. People go on about how he''s saved us in this game, in that game etc. etc., but he''s really not very good, and is still living off a clean sheet in Europe when he was a kid.

And this is what they mean by fighting tooth and nail to get us back up , The words I want to use would get me banned for life

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I will be personally surprised if you get your money back but let''s hope you do.[/quote]If we do, it won''t be from Cardiff - they''re brassic.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

RIP NCFC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trying to contact you but your e-mail through Pinkun, bounces. So how am I going to buy that pint?!!

[/quote]

Have PMed  my personal e-mail address. Don''t think you can get off that easily![:D]

Looks like £400k for Marshall, a 50% loss on what we paid.

Another great piece of business there.

Unforunately in our current predicament we''re unlikely to get any more for him. Probably a high wage earner, always going to be one of the first out of the door. Cant say I''m going to lose any sleep over it.