Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bye bye good players

Can see it now, Croft next, then Hoolahn will be swapped for Lee, which ain''t a fair deal, but the best we''ll get in our predicament, then the worst deal of all, Clingan will leave for under £1m and we''ll have made a real balls up. Watch the club keep Fatty Patty, Cureton and Semmi and see them in the starting line up come august. What a joke!

Do you honestly expect Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan etc to stick around when Championship clubs will be in for them sharpish?Some people need to F*cking well wake up and smell the coffee.  We are League One, nobody wants to play in league one and all we will field next season is kids and donkeys.Is that clear now?[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can see it now, Croft next, then Hoolahn will be swapped for Lee, which ain''t a fair deal, but the best we''ll get in our predicament, then the worst deal of all, Clingan will leave for under £1m and we''ll have made a real balls up. Watch the club keep Fatty Patty, Cureton and Semmi and see them in the starting line up come august. What a joke![/quote]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can see it now, Croft next, then Hoolahn will be swapped for Lee, which ain''t a fair deal, but the best we''ll get in our predicament, then the worst deal of all, Clingan will leave for under £1m and we''ll have made a real balls up. Watch the club keep Fatty Patty, Cureton and Semmi and see them in the starting line up come august. What a joke!
[/quote]

What else did you think was going to happen? LEAGUE 1 is Shi** and any of the good players left at carrow road were going to leave,i just can''t understand why we always let them go on the cheap? Oh no hang on it''s because the board a F***ing useless and have run the club into the ground. Marshall is just the first of many who will go cheap!!

Well i''m holding out fading hope that Clingan sticks around, we need him loads next season. I remember holding naive hopes as a youngster that we''d hold most of our squad together after premiership relegation, and that went tits up, so i''m doubtful any of our talented players will last the summer. Hoolahans another who we never saw the best out of, and i think he''d tear this league apart!

[quote user="ACE"]Do you honestly expect Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan etc to stick around when Championship clubs will be in for them sharpish?Some people need to F*cking well wake up and smell the coffee.  We are League One, nobody wants to play in league one and all we will field next season is kids and donkeys.Is that clear now?[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can see it now, Croft next, then Hoolahn will be swapped for Lee, which ain''t a fair deal, but the best we''ll get in our predicament, then the worst deal of all, Clingan will leave for under £1m and we''ll have made a real balls up. Watch the club keep Fatty Patty, Cureton and Semmi and see them in the starting line up come august. What a joke![/quote][/quote]Who the f*ck got us into this league?   They should want to make amends for their sh*t performances last season.    Any player that leaves us this summer deserves to be boo''ed if we ever have them back at Carrow Road.   Bunch of over paid TO$$£®$ the lot of them.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well i''m holding out fading hope that Clingan sticks around, we need him loads next season. I remember holding naive hopes as a youngster that we''d hold most of our squad together after premiership relegation, and that went tits up, so i''m doubtful any of our talented players will last the summer. Hoolahans another who we never saw the best out of, and i think he''d tear this league apart!
[/quote]

Well if rumours are to believed Clingan,Russel,Hoolahan and Drury are off along with Croft and Marshall,we will get next to nothing for them because we can''t negotiate it seems,what a f''ing mess this board have got us into,and some still support them, bloody idiots!!!!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well i''m holding out fading hope that Clingan sticks around, we need him loads next season. I remember holding naive hopes as a youngster that we''d hold most of our squad together after premiership relegation, and that went tits up, so i''m doubtful any of our talented players will last the summer. Hoolahans another who we never saw the best out of, and i think he''d tear this league apart![/quote]Me too. Of all the "quality" players we have, he''s the one I most want to stay but also the one most likely to stay IMO. And the more high wage earners we unload (Croft, Marshall, Fotheringham, Pattison) - the more likely Clingan can be offered a good deal to stay - at least long enough to see whether a promotion bid looks at all possible. Not sure he''s captian material as some have suggested though - but he is  a mark above the rest of the team.

croft has gone, out of contract. why would he sign here when better clubs will have him, as far as im concerned hes long gone

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well i''m holding out fading hope that Clingan sticks around, we need him loads next season. I remember holding naive hopes as a youngster that we''d hold most of our squad together after premiership relegation, and that went tits up, so i''m doubtful any of our talented players will last the summer. Hoolahans another who we never saw the best out of, and i think he''d tear this league apart!
[/quote]

Well if rumours are to believed Clingan,Russel,Hoolahan and Drury are off along with Croft and Marshall,we will get next to nothing for them because we can''t negotiate it seems,what a f''ing mess this board have got us into,and some still support them, bloody idiots!!!!

[/quote]

Drury ? Where''s he off to then ?

Well if i was in charge, and i could get rid of who i wanted and keep who i wanted, Clingan, Hoolahan, Stefanovic, Doc and Croft would stay out of the main players, and the rest of the main lot can get lost! There''s a waste of about £50k a week in that squad at the moment.

[quote user="ACE"]D We are League One, nobody wants to play in league one and all we will field next season is kids and donkeys.Is that clear now? [/quote]Crystal.The way this shower of overpaid, gutless cretins have performed for this club, I would genuinely rather a field of kids and donkeys. Let''s hope we can retain Lee, Clingan, Pattison, Doc and Shackell. Thats the donkeys sorted. Then, we just need to add the kids."LOL". Depressing.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no idea, i was just told that he was asked to look for a new club because of all his injury problems,also the club would allow him to leave on a free!!

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="ACE"]D We are League One, nobody wants to play in league one and all we will field next season is kids and donkeys.Is that clear now? [/quote]Crystal.The way this shower of overpaid, gutless cretins have performed for this club, I would genuinely rather a field of kids and donkeys. Let''s hope we can retain Lee, Clingan, Pattison, Doc and Shackell. Thats the donkeys sorted. Then, we just need to add the kids."LOL". Depressing.[/quote]What are you up to these days Fernando ?    Fancy rolling back the years and giving us all one more season of that magic ?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]croft has gone, out of contract. why would he sign here when better clubs will have him, as far as im concerned hes long gone[/quote]Agreed, Marshall was always going to leave with internationals in the back of his mind.Hoolahoop will want to go too - he''s done his time in league 1.Only pivot is Clingan, could go either way really.

[quote user="ACE"]Do you honestly expect Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan etc to stick around when Championship clubs will be in for them sharpish?

Some people need to F*cking well wake up and smell the coffee.  We are League One, nobody wants to play in league one and all we will field next season is kids and donkeys.

Is that clear now?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can see it now, Croft next, then Hoolahn will be swapped for Lee, which ain''t a fair deal, but the best we''ll get in our predicament, then the worst deal of all, Clingan will leave for under £1m and we''ll have made a real balls up. Watch the club keep Fatty Patty, Cureton and Semmi and see them in the starting line up come august. What a joke!
[/quote][/quote]  I do agree to a certain extent. Few of our squad want to play in league 1 but most are crap which is why we were relegated, they thought they were a lot better than they were. I think a lot of good prpfessionals do want to play in league 1 ones that are young in league 1 already or indeed in league 2. There are some gems in the lower leagues, look at Doncaster virtually their whole squad came from below the championship. The trick is spotting and signing them

I can''t see Clinghan or Hoolahan staying.   The question is: is there a release clause in their contracts that means they can go for peanuts on relegation?   The figures being quoted for Marshall to Cardiff suggest he had one, but the circumstances of Clinghan and Hoolahan coming were a little different.  If those two don''t have release clauses we could hold out for decent money and reinvest - if we had a manager to do it.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no idea, i was just told that he was asked to look for a new club because of all his injury problems,also the club would allow him to leave on a free!!

[/quote]

Ah, I thought you meant that Drury was taking the initiative, that''s what surprised me. My guess is that Drury will cling to the club like a drowning man to a lump of driftwood. Much as he has been "a good servant" and all that, sadly Drury really has gone past his use by date. I don''t know how long his contract is and what remains but, to be honest, I couldn''t see him surviving the rough and tumble of the third div. Trouble is, who''s going to come in for him anyway ?

Well, let''s clear this up a bit. Clingan came to us from a LEAGUE ONE side. Alright, he''s been a reasonably consistent performer this season, but that hasn''t helped us to not get relegated. Hoolahan was plying his trade in league one 2 years ago. After Marshall and Croft, these are the two most likely to leave I think.Doc looks like a lower league defender to me, so too do Drury and Semmi, the latter of which was in league one with Crewe not so long ago. I think if people come in for our defenders they need their heads tested. I wish we could get them off our hands. Our team simply hasn''t been good enough and, as discussed on this board and through the glorious local media, the board have made shocking decisions. Instead of trying to bring players from lower leagues, desperate to prove their worth, we wasted money on fallen "stars". Players in the twilight of their career from ailing premiership clubs who quite clearly weren''t good enough. People plagued with injuries that wouldn''t get in any other team, but we thought we could get them at a "cut down" price. The only bright note to come out of this season was the signing of Cody MacDonald. At least he has potential, even if it hasn''t been realised yet. Knowing our luck he''ll score 15 goals by January and be sold.What i''m saying is our team this season had league one written all over it. I can''t help but not care and not be at all surprised if we sell the nucleus of our players. I''d like to rip up the foundations of the club and start again to be honest!!!

[/quote]

Get real we don''t even have any "not bad players".  It is like a jumble sale lets get any money we can for any of them.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"][quote user="ACE"]Do you honestly expect Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan etc to stick around when Championship clubs will be in for them sharpish?Some people need to F*cking well wake up and smell the coffee.  We are League One, nobody wants to play in league one and all we will field next season is kids and donkeys.Is that clear now?[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can see it now, Croft next, then Hoolahn will be swapped for Lee, which ain''t a fair deal, but the best we''ll get in our predicament, then the worst deal of all, Clingan will leave for under £1m and we''ll have made a real balls up. Watch the club keep Fatty Patty, Cureton and Semmi and see them in the starting line up come august. What a joke![/quote][/quote]  I do agree to a certain extent. Few of our squad want to play in league 1 but most are crap which is why we were relegated, they thought they were a lot better than they were. I think a lot of good prpfessionals do want to play in league 1 ones that are young in league 1 already or indeed in league 2. There are some gems in the lower leagues, look at Doncaster virtually their whole squad came from below the championship. The trick is spotting and signing them[/quote]+1league one is not crap its just that we are snobs with memories of higher levels.I want them all gone lets start anew with dynamic players who are contracted to us and motivated.Look at Billy Clarke all those goals and then let go do not tell me that lad is not hungry to prove keane wrong.