Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Southampton as good as sold

I know I''m doing a Cam but thought this article worth posting on here. According to the Southampton Echo there have been several serious bidders for Saints and it''s looking likely that a deal with the Pinnacle Group fronted by Matt le Tissier is imminent. Makes me wonder why Keith Harris has singularly failed to locate a single buyer for Norwich in months.  What has Southampton FC got to offer that Norwich FC hasn''t, I wonder !

A DEAL to save Saints could be completed within the next 24 hours, the Daily Echo can reveal.

Administrator Mark Fry is today due to hold talks with one of the frontrunners – believed to be the Matt Le Tissier-backed Pinnacle group – in what could be a decisive meeting.

Fry last night told the Echo that he hopes to align himself with a potential purchaser by the end of Wednesday.

That is, however, dependent on any late hitches to a prospective deal, with talks reaching a very sensitive stage.

Fry, left, revealed at the end of last week that he was in contact with two serious groups and added yesterday that he had received some late interest in the club.

He said: “We are talking to a couple of seriously interested parties and there are some late expressions of interest, but we are hoping to align ourselves with a potential bidder within the next 48 hours.”

Talks are described as being at a “seriously late stage” and it is thought an announcement on a preferred bidder could be imminent.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

I . Makes me wonder why Keith Harris has singularly failed to locate a single buyer for Norwich in months.  What has Southampton FC got to offer that Norwich FC hasn''t, I wonder !

[/quote]

Well for one thing it''s a whole club for sale rather than one just looking for ''investment''!!

Would you want to invest in NCFC whilst the current numpties were running the place? I wouldn''t trust them with 20 pence let alone £20 million!

Is the difference between our position and theirs is that the banks know they can''t get their money back from Southampton ?  I''d imagine a buyer could be found quite quickly for Norwich if the 20 million debt was re-negotiated at 10 p in the pound - but of course that would mean going into administration, which we are told we are nowhere near.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Is the difference between our position and theirs is that the banks know they can''t get their money back from Southampton ?  I''d imagine a buyer could be found quite quickly for Norwich if the 20 million debt was re-negotiated at 10 p in the pound - but of course that would mean going into administration, which we are told we are nowhere near.
[/quote]

Hear and agree with what you say but on the basis that there is more than one bidder for Soton it will be interesting to see what price the club does get sold for. As for the earlier post, I must admit that I really hadn''t realised that Harris had only been tasked to find investors - no wonder no one has been found. Surely, Delia must look to sell now, cut her losses and be rid of all the bile and poison vomited in her direction ? Does she stick or twist i.e. hope that the club can "bounce back" and then sell the club as the value will be higher but, at the same time, run the risk of the club failing in League One and possibly even being relegated to the 4th ? Love her or hate her who would want to be in her position ?

Its like two houses for sale.One has somone who is loosing money but it rich enough to wait for a good price.The other is skint and being repoed.Your going to get a better deal with number 2.