Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

We could have been 4th in the Premiership with a clinical striker!!!

Ok, I know what you are thinking. If, If, If. But I want to focus on something more than the if''s.

I feel that we could have had a lot more points if we could have had a player with that ruthless touch up front. Here we go;

NC v Crystal Palace - Many people still stay we should have won this game (3 pts)

Man Utd v NC - We were all over them at the end and could have snatched the draw (1 pt)

Newcastle v NC - We came from 2-0 down and once again, could have won it (3 pts)

NC v Arsenal - No chance (0 pts)

Tottenham v NC - Another game we could have won, we were all over them (3 pts)

NC v Aston Villa - A draw was fair (1 pt)

Liverpool v NC - No chance (0 pts)

NC v Portsmouth - We could have snatched it at the end, Mckenzie especially (3 pts)

WBA v NC - Defenatley 3 pts lost there. WBA were poor. (3 pts)

NC - Everton - We should have won with many chances (3 pts)

That makes 20 points or 4th in the Premiership!

Now, I don''t know about anyone else, but doesn''t that show the teams potential. I''d rather focus on that.

Keep up the good work lads!

The ''clinical striker needed'' has been available to Worthy all season.

If Leon had been in from game 1 we would be mid-table.

Just look at his

** Chances per game ratio.

** Goals per start ratio.

** Goals per chance ratio.

Up with the best I would wager.

He holds the ball up better than most.

His speed, power and determination are disruptive to opposing defences.

Of course he misses chances, but so do all strikers including Owen, Henry, Defoe et al. Nuff said.

OTBC.

You are right about the ''ifs'' and ''buts'', but the fact is we don''t have that ruthlessness that is required to survive at present.

Please don''t tell me that Leon is the answer, quoting chances per goal ratios, he missed 2-3 sitters on Saturday. Don''t get me wrong I love the bloke and agree that he is the best we have on offer but he will not get us the 20 goals we need. For goodness sake he was playing for The Posh this time last season, your''e asking alot of the bloke I reckon.

NW has admitted that this is our ''Archilles Heal''(http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED26%20Oct%202004%2015%3A23%3A44%3A133) and is on with the search.

I like the rest of us am frustrated at the way things are going at present, we are playing teams of the park in large spells,and it is this that is the problem, for if we were getting stuffed I''d have to accept that we aren''t good enough, but the only thing that is keeping us from climbing the table is a goalscorer!!!!! Hope I''m wrong about Leon...........but fear not

[quote]You are right about the ''ifs'' and ''buts'', but the fact is we don''t have that ruthlessness that is required to survive at present. Please don''t tell me that Leon is the answer, quoting chances per goa...[/quote]

Here I go again , defending Leon, yes I do think he''s the answer !

OK He''s scored 1 goal in three games, a ratio that over the coarse of a season would yield 13/14 goals. This I believe will be sustained as it is consistent with his scoring ratio at lower levels.

With the ball at his feet and running forward he appears to be on target.The goals he misses, these tend to be chances that come fast and unexpected to him and he snatches at them. But the thing is he''s there in the right place for a shot.

So he needs to sharpen up his reactions,perfectly doable. He''s come a long way in a year and is not going to be the finished article after just three Prem games is he ?

Anywayup I think Leo will improve every game and get double figures this season and we will finish 17th.