Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Emailed Doomcaster re Marshall

basically he said "the price was negotiated between the Boards of both clubs, with input from both managers"

The club really is a shambles without a decent board of directors we are doomed I tell you

[quote]

basically he said "the price was negotiated between the Boards of both clubs, with input from both managers"[/quote]

So Gunn is, at this moment, still the manager then.

hmm well we paid 800k for an ageing Cureton and 500k for a newcastle reserve (pattison).  Taking all into account I would think 600 thousand would be a fair price

Soldier on wrote the following post at 12/05/2009 3:31 PM:

hmm well we paid 800k for an ageing Cureton and 500k for a newcastle reserve (pattison). Taking all into account I would think 600 thousand would be a fair price

Sadly, what we pay for other players has no bearing on Marshall''s value. Forwards are always the most expensive positions to fill and Cureton was on a 3 year contract when we signed him.

Personally, I would value Marshall at somewhere between 400-500K. The fact that he wants to try and get the Scotland Jersey means that if he wants to leave there is little we can do about it which is not exactly helpful when trying to get a decent price.

[quote user="olej"]His contract ends at the end of June. He, i assume is negotiating new deals with players[/quote]is he still head of recruitment? *snigger*