Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

Colin Calderwood

i really hope this isn''t true.

my mates a forest fan and he was so frustrated with calderwood''s bad tactical decisions.

crook, butterworth, gunn, anyone but calderwood!

[quote user="filthyrich"]

In today''s sun it says that Colin Calderwood is going to get the job over Bryan Gunn, I really hope this is not true and just the usual bull that''s in the sun.

[/quote]Calderwood had us in a terminal decline before he was sacked after Christmas, but on the other hand has a good record in the lower leagues. Not a perfect choice by a chalk but I would have him over Gunn.Maybe he''s learnt from his mistakes at Forest ...

[quote user="Chewbacca"]

This would be typical of our board!!

We''re concerned that they will appoint Gunny, for a number of reasons - prefering instead someone with experience and a history of relative managerial success, so they manage to appoint a manager who has enjoyed a scrap of success but seemingly done so under a cloud whilst at Northampton and Forest. Hardly something to get excited about when the club is in dire need of a positive step forward to unify and lift supporters!

[/quote]yupThe man is lacking in many managerial qualities, but I don''t think he has gone a season in the lower leagues without at least securing a playoff place or promotion. I perfectly understand your misgivings and was glad to be shot of him, but his record does speak for itself ....

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

No! He is rubbish, I would be so angry with this appointment if it happened. Would be a bigger mistake then Roeder in my opinion.

[/quote]One thing in Calderwood''s defence, by all accounts he wasn''t a arrogant prize c*ck of a man.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="rjwc22"]

I would rather keep Gunn than have Calderwood and that really is saying something.

Another Newcastle coach with bit part management experience does not strike me as wise.

Gannon or Paul Jewell for me.

[/quote]

Jewell? Based on his fantastic track record at Derby?
[/quote]

Jewell based on his fantastic track record at every other club he''s been at, maybe? Except Wednesday, of course, but even the Chairman who he served under said no one could''ve done a better job in those circumstances, so maybe we should give him that one too.

Of course, that''s all redundant, because there''s no way Jewell would come to League 1, and no way we could afford him.

I''d rather have Gunny than Calderwood, and i really don''t want to see Gunny get the job. But i think that deep down we all know it''s going to be him.