Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Why are we conducting transfer business before making a decision on the manager?

I''m not against the particular bit of business that we have done regards to Marshall, but i certainly wouldn''t want to see any more until a decision is made on who the manger is going to be.

We''re back where we started if we''re making moves in the transfer market and then change the manager. Who can then blame his inevitable failure on not being able to build his own team!

[quote user="a1canary"]I''m not against the particular bit of business that we have done regards to Marshall, but i certainly wouldn''t want to see any more until a decision is made on who the manger is going to be.

We''re back where we started if we''re making moves in the transfer market and then change the manager. Who can then blame his inevitable failure on not being able to build his own team![/quote]Because Marshall doesn''t want to play in league 1 for any manager.

I agree - who has made this decision? Is it Gunn or our the board now deciding who we buy and sell?

To be honest we have to expect this and other sales to happen with no manager in place, well in the public eye that is,  I along with friends caught Munby outside the ground at Portaloo Road right after the defeat to them. we asked him several questions. I have spoken with him many times and never before have I seen or heard him so passionless and negative, thats besides the point. When it came to answering our questions he was open, candid as I have never heard before from him. 

When asked about Lee Croft situation firstly his injury; was it an injury or one of the heart; Mr Munby replied it was of the heart.

He

then went onto reveal that;  The club have tried desperately to get him

to sign a new contract even prepaired to write in get-out clause but

are met with a wall of silence from his agent, who just refuses to hold

any talks. It would appear that Lee Croft is playing to attract

interest from other clubs. It is quite possible that he has played his

last game for Norwich.

When asked if

there was any substance to the newspapers’ speculation that a deal with

Palace involving Wes Hoolahan and Alan Lee, to which Munby asked how we

would feel if it happened ? I replied,  that if we are relegated,

Hoolahan will probably want away as soon as, if there isn’t already a

get-out clause. Alan Lee, on the other hand, has said he WANTS to stay

here, whatever our position next season. 

There were no denials of the possibility of this deal taking place,

just that players will have to be Captilised on, as the club expects to

lose several thousand pounds with relegation.  From the candid way Mr

Munby answered my questions I expect this swap deal to go ahead if all

the i''s can be dotted and the t''s crossed in favour of Norwich City.

Still

on the subject of players; I asked who else could we expect to be

captilised on; to save and possibly generate some money;  He expected

that to include Sammy Clingan and David Marshall.  He hoped very

strongley that other players already under contract, will be open for

League One wages to be negotiated, in an effort to keep a backbone of

the squad together.

the board will have made the decision. He wants to play in the championship because he thinks he has a good chance of becoming scotlands number one keeper. George Burley doesnt like having league one players, so he has to move. I dont blame him but I would have liked more money for him. There may be some clause on international appearances or promotion.

Because it doesn''t matter who the manager is or what his opinion of the players is. We are up pooh creek and cant afford to pay Marshall, and no doubt other top earners either, end of story. That is why the price is quoted as "knockdown" becasue quite frankly Cardiff know we need to off-load and can virtually bid whatever price they like and we would have to accept it.

If players have a reduction in wages written into their contracts then maybe we would be in a stronger possition but if that is not the case and they are not prepared to take a reduction then they will be off, virtually for nothing and thats that. No wonder they don''t bother about relegation, most of them wont be affected anyway.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

Still on the subject of players; I asked who else could we expect to be captilised on; to save and possibly generate some money;  He expected that to include Sammy Clingan and David Marshall.  He hoped very strongley that other players already under contract, will be open for League One wages to be negotiated, in an effort to keep a backbone of the squad together.

[/quote]

This just about sums us up! So we dont write a clause into contracts to reduce wages if we go down, we just hope the players will agree to a pay cut. What sort of planning and management is that?

Well big shock - that is not going to happen. Anyone who can attract a new club in the championship will be off rather than stay in League 1 on reduced wages and as we cant afford to keep them there will little or nothing we can do to stop it. This is exactly what has already happened re:- Marshall and old season is yet to end. Where the hell is this headed?

So far the only player who has said anything is Dejan, didn''t he say in an article last week he had already taken a wage cut ?   I suppose the rest are away sunning themselves and can''t or won''t comment

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]So far the only player who has said anything is Dejan, didn''t he say in an article last week he had already taken a wage cut ?   I suppose the rest are away sunning themselves and can''t or won''t comment[/quote]

Dejan said last week he has a clause in his contract for a wage reduction if relegated.

I think its pretty fair to asume that most of the other higher wage earners have the same clause.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]
So far the only player who has said anything is Dejan, didn''t he say in an article last week he had already taken a wage cut ?   I suppose the rest are away sunning themselves and can''t or won''t comment
[/quote] Dejan said last week he has a clause in his contract for a wage reduction if relegated. I think its pretty fair to asume that most of the other higher wage earners have the same clause.[/quote]He also said that even with the reduction it may be more than is affordable.

I''m surprised we''ve done the dealso early, releasing the strong rumour to the press could (should) have started a bit of an auction for his services & pushed the price up a bit.  Clearly we need to unload some costs sooner rather than later