In all fairness, he is still a very good prospect for the future. I''d expect him to play next season, and I can see him weighing in with quite a few goals if he finds his form.Him and Spillane could be crucial next season.

I hope so in principle he has a good future ahead of him and i hope it is with us. He could be pretty lethal at league 1 as too could Mac Donald and Lee if we get him

Just need him to score a lot and the past will all be forgotten.

Let''s see him put the effort in over the summer and in the pre-season now and back up the talk.

Hopefully he will have matured during his spell at in the lower leagues and has been bought down a peg or two. By all accounts he was rated highly by the Luton fans and hopefully can now push on and score a bundle in league one for us next season.

From what I can tell he was played out on the right quite a few times at Luton as well which will inhance his chances of playing if you ask me. However we simply have to offload some more of the players we do have if he is going to play regularily for us.If we fail to sign Lee and then keep Cort on I think we will be looking at a strike choice of Martin, Cureton and MacDonald - that is a tad worrying.

He just needs to remember he is a footballer and not a Beccles pub crawler, he needs also IMO to get away from his every day family life, they all love the pubs. and that is his big problem

[quote user="chicken"]From what I can tell he was played out on the right quite a few times at Luton as well which will inhance his chances of playing if you ask me. However we simply have to offload some more of the players we do have if he is going to play regularily for us.

If we fail to sign Lee and then keep Cort on I think we will be looking at a strike choice of Martin, Cureton and MacDonald - that is a tad worrying.
[/quote]

Yes I think he has been used as a wide player - when I saw him play against Lincoln he was on the left. He looked very composed with very good ball control, not the quickest player but he had way too much quality for League 2.  I was surprised actually that he wasn''t played as an out and out striker - particularly  as the lad in the middle missed a sitter in injury time that would have given them 3 vital points - leaving Paul McVeigh (watching from the stands) with his head in his hands!

[quote user="chicken"]From what I can tell he was played out on the right quite a few times at Luton as well which will inhance his chances of playing if you ask me. However we simply have to offload some more of the players we do have if he is going to play regularily for us.If we fail to sign Lee and then keep Cort on I think we will be looking at a strike choice of Martin, Cureton and MacDonald - that is a tad worrying.[/quote]surely cureton''s off?hope so anyway

I''ve always thought Chris Martin had a bit of ability but at the same time had a long way to go before he could be a player we could really rely on. Hopefully going to Luton has made him a better player. If he gives us everything he''s got as a player then he might be worth of having in the squad.

Still got a lot to prove.

[quote user="olej"]Just listened to his interview on canaries world. Doesnt seem to be so arrogant any more. Maybe the loan did him some good and hes matured a bit. He might even get his bans from the bungay and beccles pubs lifted.[/quote]You can''t polish a turd I''m afraid.

[quote user="pete_norw"]He just needs to remember he is a footballer and not a Beccles pub crawler, he needs also IMO to get away from his every day family life, they all love the pubs. and that is his big problem[/quote]

tbh I think that is beyond the point. I think until you actually know the family and the friends that he has, you cant comment on what they do!

Do you know for a fact they they all "love the pubs"?

I think that Martin has had an excellent season with Luton and done something that he would have never got the opportunity to do with Norwich......win a cup at Wembly!

Next year he is going to be an asset to the team and hopefully bang in more than he has this season.