Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Just a Thought

Does this quick sale of Marshall smack a little of a panic sale, just to get some money, it was only this morning that any news broke of cardiff''s interest and a few hours later it is done and dusted.  The EEN says it is a cut price deal. exactly how much we don''t know, but the figure of £400k has been rumoured.I like many of you can remember when Newsome was sold to Sheffield Wed, very quickly and cheaply by Chase,  doesn''t this have a similar ring to it...

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
Does this quick sale of Marshall smack a little of a panic sale, just to get some money, it was only this morning that any news broke of cardiff''s interest and a few hours later it is done and dusted.  The EEN says it is a cut price deal. exactly how much we don''t know, but the figure of £400k has been rumoured.

I like many of you can remember when Newsome was sold to Sheffield Wed, very quickly and cheaply by Chase,  doesn''t this have a similar ring to it...
[/quote]

I''ll bet it was no "panic" for Marshall''s agent.  I imagine he has been working the phones for weeks.  That is what they do.

Do you seriously, seriously believe this is a quick sale that has not been discussed and planned for weeks?No wonder the club find it so easy to fool most of the people most of the time.[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Does this quick sale of Marshall smack a little of a panic sale, just to get some money, it was only this morning that any news broke of cardiff''s interest and a few hours later it is done and dusted.  The EEN says it is a cut price deal. exactly how much we don''t know, but the figure of £400k has been rumoured.I like many of you can remember when Newsome was sold to Sheffield Wed, very quickly and cheaply by Chase,  doesn''t this have a similar ring to it... [/quote]

Not the fact that all deal have been discussed for a while, the simple fact done so cheaply and quickly ... No I am not fooled at all was suggesting an idea.  the sale may have been planned for weeks, since Ipswich game when i spoke with mumbles at least.  it was still quick in the completing. [:P]

I''d be surprised if this deal was discussed before the Reading defeat. I can believe that an approach might have been made by Cardiff after Reading. However, I don''t understand why Norwich would have completed it so quickly and secretly. If a club such as Cardiff which has just missed out on promotion and is gearing up for a promotion campaign next season wants to buy Marshall then surely Norwich could have "leaked" this and got other clubs interested and pushed up the price ? Seems pretty basic to me although I''m sure I must have missed the obvious.

This has been on the cards for weeks.  Along with a few others who have been tapped up in the weeks leading up to the invetiable.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Not the fact that all deal have been discussed for a while, the simple fact done so cheaply and quickly ... No I am not fooled at all was suggesting an idea.  the sale may have been planned for weeks, since Ipswich game when i spoke with mumbles at least.  it was still quick in the completing. [:P][/quote]

unreal, it just adds to the drivel that they have been feeding us for so long.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Does this quick sale of Marshall smack a little of a panic sale, just to get some money, it was only this morning that any news broke of cardiff''s interest and a few hours later it is done and dusted.  The EEN says it is a cut price deal. exactly how much we don''t know, but the figure of £400k has been rumoured.

I like many of you can remember when Newsome was sold to Sheffield Wed, very quickly and cheaply by Chase,  doesn''t this have a similar ring to it...
[/quote]

I''ll bet it was no "panic" for Marshall''s agent.  I imagine he has been working the phones for weeks.  That is what they do.

[/quote]..and he won''t be the only agent of NCFC players to have been doing that. " Get the best deal you can for me ", will have been uttered by a few of our players to their agents over the last few weeks. " Div 1 football?. no thanks". 

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]..and he won''t be the only agent of NCFC players to have been doing that. " Get the best deal you can for me ", will have been uttered by a few of our players to their agents over the last few weeks. " Div 1 football?. no thanks". [/quote]

I''m afraid that is so.  And some of them will have been working on this for weeks from the moment you started to look in trouble.  Remember that some agents work on a percentage of the players earnings so if they get a wage cut so does the agent.  It may or may not amuse you to know that some agencies describe this as "lifestyle care."[:|]

Isn''t this what happened before the Fulham game in the premiership when we lost 6-0, the players didn''t care and the performance showed that.

Maybe it happened again- hence the underperformance of players in the Charlton game.

Well if we are desperate for £400,000 now ..then expect administration in a matter of weeks.

I reckon he''s another with a low sell-on clause!