Sign in to follow this  
Colourful Canary

SIGN IPSWICH'S Mr GOALS !

Reserve striker Billy Clarke, who has scored loads of goals during 3 loan spells with 3 different clubs this season, has been released by Roy Keane. Let''s move now, regardless of who our manager''s going to be, to secure this player whose goals will not only see us challenge near the top of League One but also provide a good investment for the club when he is resold for 2 or 3 million later on. A good partner for Cody, I think, in a new youthful and dynamic City strike force. 

[quote user="Colourful Canary"]

Reserve striker Billy Clarke, who has scored loads of goals during 3 loan spells with 3 different clubs this season, has been released by Roy Keane. Let''s move now, regardless of who our manager''s going to be, to secure this player whose goals will not only see us challenge near the top of League One but also provide a good investment for the club when he is resold for 2 or 3 million later on. A good partner for Cody, I think, in a new youthful and dynamic City strike force. 

[/quote]

Yeah your right we should sign him. Irish under 21 international like Spillane, a lot more goals then Chris Martin.

Im suprised Keane released him, considering his an Irishman himself, but that could mean that Keanos been given a lot of money!

[/quote]

Although you should be emailing the club about this and not telling people that cant do anything about it.

I have done this for you.

[quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]

I''d have him in a shot, gonna cost us no transfer fee and is young and talented. Had a friend who is a Ipswich fan who said he was gonna b the next big thing and raved about him.

Experienced in lower leagues and will no doubt score goals at our wonderful new level.

[/quote]

In fairness though, we all thought that Ryan Jarvis was going to be the next big thing..... and Ipswich fans also thought that Dean Bowditch was going to be the next big thing.

Both of those turned out to be sub standard!  Bowditch has been released as well, but his goalscoring record is pretty awful.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]

I''d have him in a shot, gonna cost us no transfer fee and is young and talented. Had a friend who is a Ipswich fan who said he was gonna b the next big thing and raved about him.

Experienced in lower leagues and will no doubt score goals at our wonderful new level.

[/quote]

In fairness though, we all thought that Ryan Jarvis was going to be the next big thing..... and Ipswich fans also thought that Dean Bowditch was going to be the next big thing.

Both of those turned out to be sub standard!  Bowditch has been released as well, but his goalscoring record is pretty awful.

[/quote]That I guess is the difference between raw talent, and the application of that talent through hard work - I''m thinking Chris Martin here.  That said, if he wanted to be local, he wouldn''t cost us much, much like Cody McDonald, what is there to lose ?

I have a Brentford supporting friend, and he mentioned that he will definately prove to be a good Championship striker, so if he''s prepared to come down to League One and learn that league as well, we should definately put a bid in.

You could do a lot worse than him to be honest. He is hugely talented, but through a combination of being a bit lightweight, being played out-of-position and a drop-in-confidence he dropped out of our side. I suspect much of the reason he''s being released isn''t because we don''t think he won''t make it in the Champ or possibly league 1, but because we;ve got two younger strikers who we view as our promising youth players (Rhodes and Wickham) and if Clarke stayed with us he''d hardly get a look in with senior strikers and two (marginally better) younger ones.He''s a talented lad though. Great first touch, quick, eye for goal. I''d be a bit gutted to see a Lee/Clarke front line for you next season.

The biggest sadness is that we are now humiliated into considering the youthful cast offs from other clubs...

[/quote]

I too would sign him up, Ipswich fans rate him and a lot are disappointed that he''s been allowed to leave rather than being given another year. He''s very fast and would make a good partner for Cody.

[quote user="cityangel"]I too would sign him up, Ipswich fans rate him and a lot are disappointed that he''s been allowed to leave rather than being given another year. He''s very fast and would make a good partner for Cody.[/quote]I agree. Still very young and maybe a little lightweight but quick and knows where the goal is. I think Ipswich tended to use him as a sub and brought him on when the opposition''s defence was tiring a bit. Useful little player IMO - though Jim Magilton told him he was no longer required before Keane did - so maybe he''s a bit of a problem...?

[quote user="ACE"]The biggest sadness is that we are now humiliated into considering the youthful cast offs from other clubs...

[/quote][/quote]

Righty o, because no player ever proves his first club wrong do they mate? Its not like Birmingham didnt regret giving Andrew Johnson plus £4.5 million for Clinton Morrison? or that Paul Hayes wouldnt be able to get in our first team at the minute? Or that we dont regret releasing Bobby Zamora? the list goes on and on and on.......

Just becuase our youngsters never go and do anything, doesnt mean that Ipswich''s wont..... Ipswich have a much more effective youth set up for a start.

I heard that we are apparently holding negotiations with him. I co not see it as a great signing, wasn''t he on loan at Northampton last season ? A team that got relegated fromthe league ?

I also heard we are after that Stevenage striker, don''t know much about him though.

My mate who is a Brentford fan seemed to think that they were hopeful of keeping him - and the sad thing is that we will be in the same division so we can''t use the ''he''d be playing in a higher league'' leverage....

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="cityangel"]I too would sign him up, Ipswich fans rate him and a lot are disappointed that he''s been allowed to leave rather than being given another year. He''s very fast and would make a good partner for Cody.[/quote]

I agree. Still very young and maybe a little lightweight but quick and knows where the goal is. I think Ipswich tended to use him as a sub and brought him on when the opposition''s defence was tiring a bit. Useful little player IMO - though Jim Magilton told him he was no longer required before Keane did - so maybe he''s a bit of a problem...?
[/quote]

Agree 5 goals in 8 games for Brentford and he would be comfortable playing upfront with his mate Alan Lee or he can play on the wing.

[quote user="ACE"]The biggest sadness is that we are now humiliated into considering the youthful cast offs from other clubs...

[/quote][/quote]didnt see ipshit complaining when they signed danny haynes after we decided not to sign him up

Wouldnt be the worst free signing we ever made , highly thought of at Ipswich before they got the investment to buy better and has been knocking them in when hes been out on loan in league 1 . More goals in him than Cody , Martin , or Cureton imo and would be the ideal little man to a big striker .

Clarke would be a good signiing.  I''m sad to see him go.  Still think he could do a good job for us.  I''m surprised being Irish that Keane has not given him a year to check him out himself - only 20.   Another young player who went backwards under Magilton!!!!!!

Is he really a better prospect than Martin, Daley or any of our highly thought of youth players?  If so then sign him up and sell them, if not then end of conversation.

Why not bring him into the squad so we have another option in addition to the likes of Martin and Daley as you said? That''s hardly the worst looking strikforce in the world.

I suppose a bit of competition up front would be a welcome novelty for us.

Can also see Clarke learning a thing from Cureton....

Its in The Sun, so thats it then, what more do we want, It''s got to be signed done and dusted by now then