Sign in to follow this  
Tim Allman

City View - This is not Gunn's fault, so keep him in the hot seat

Here''s someone who supports the reappointment of Gunn.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/FansEye/default.aspx.

Unfortunately it’s up to the usual City View standard. Gunn is described as a "novice manager" in one paragraph, but a couple of lines later it states..."If Norwich are to survive and prosper, a return to the Championship must be immediate and whoever is given the job of managing the team must deliver so as not to prolong the agony endured by this club''s wonderful fans".

No mention that Gunn, a “novice manager”, would be the best choice or not for an immediate return to the Championship. No real coherent argument for his retention at all except that writer would like it so.

Lets hope we have new writers for City View next season, since Richard Balls stopped it’s not really been worth reading.

Gunn had 19 games. He was the head of recruitment so had some idea of players that roeder brought in. Gunn should just leave. He''s not a manager, he''s just the club''s odd job man. Its a f******g disgrace that he''s being considered for the job.

Agree Canaryspike...although i''m willing to bet £20 to cancer research if Gunn isn''t given the job.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Agree Canaryspike...although i''m willing to bet £20 to cancer research if Gunn isn''t given the job.[/quote]

We should all tell Gunn we will all donate £20 each to Cancer reserch if he don''t take the job on, that is not meant as an insult to Cancer research either.  

I wonder if some people would be as willing to let Gunn have another shot if he wasn''t a Canary Legend and genuine nice bloke like he is. This just adds to our reputation that we are too "nice".

[quote user="canaryspike7"]Gunn had 19 games. He was the head of recruitment so had some idea of players that roeder brought in. Gunn should just leave. He''s not a manager, he''s just the club''s odd job man. Its a f******g disgrace that he''s being considered for the job.[/quote]

100% agree spike, the choice of Gunn as our manager is a farce.

I really do miss Richard Balls'' City View - another small feature mirroring the downturnb at our club!!

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Unfortunately it’s up to the usual City View standard. Gunn is described as a "novice manager" in one paragraph, but a couple of lines later it states..."If Norwich are to survive and prosper, a return to the Championship must be immediate and whoever is given the job of managing the team must deliver so as not to prolong the agony endured by this club''s wonderful fans".

No mention that Gunn, a “novice manager”, would be the best choice or not for an immediate return to the Championship. No real coherent argument for his retention at all except that writer would like it so.

Lets hope we have new writers for City View next season, since Richard Balls stopped it’s not really been worth reading.

[/quote]

I agree Tim. Desperately weak argument on the writer''s part, which contradicts itself all over the place, as you say. Steve Gedge''s is the only column I regularly read: the others are very average if you ask me.

I''ll give money to charity too if Gunn is not appointed, and a sensible choice like Gannon, Robins etc is.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

I agree Tim. Desperately weak argument on the writer''s part, which contradicts itself all over the place, as you say. Steve Gedge''s is the only column I regularly read: the others are very average if you ask me.

[/quote]

I think The Man is excellent...

[quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="thebigfeller"]

[/quote]

I think The Man is excellent...

[/quote]

Oops! With the exception of The Man too - which is excellent, I agree.

The article is spot on until he starts talking about Gunny, then it just falls to pieces.

- Correct: Relegation followed a 46 game campaign...but....Gunn was in charge for 19 of them- Correct: The performance at Charlton was woeful and shameful.....but...Gunn was in charge for that game- Correct: Roeder did rip the squad to shreds and replaced it with crud...but....Gunn was his recruitment man

Sorry, but as nice a man as Gunny is and as much as he bleeds yellow''n''green, he has not shown any evidence of being a successful manager capable of leading us to the promised land.  Gunny remains one of my all time heroes, but should not be given the job.  This was always a disaster waiting to happen - let us not drag the name of this legend through the dirt ay further.  Please do ot give Gunny the job...please...please...

We were not in the bottom three when Gunn tookover, we lost five of the last six games we even threw away a two goal lead against Southampton if these are the credentials for our new manager then we wont be in Div 1 for long we will head further down.

The Charlton debacle proves time for a clearout at Costa Del Colney lets have a new manager and team with a ruthless winning mentality.

No disrespect to Bryan, but I think an inflatable chimp would do a better job as manager. He has proven over the course of 19 games or so that he doesn''t have what it takes.

6 Must win, no question about it games + 5 shameful defeats + then relegation = manager''s fault and managers gone... Surely?[*-)]

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Gunns record 19 games (10 home 9 away), won 5 drawn 5 lost 9, twenty points from 19 games over a season is 48 points relegation form.

Time to move on.

[/quote]But not with his team though.

in that caseif he dont get the job i will set up a justgiving thing for cancer research as its a charity i endorse and im sure we would all be happy to give 20 quid to avoid gunn as boss

This Peter Walsh who ''writes'' the column comes across as a total plonker.In the third paragraph from the end is his best contradiction of them all -"not too good to go down,does not deserve to be plying its trade in League One".The league table would appear to differ Peter dear...Jeez a twelve year old kid could produce better than this piece of ''journalism''...

Posted months ago that I wasn''t a fan of Peter Walsh''s columns and he''s proved me right now, he''s lost the plot completely.

Come back Richard Balls pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Gunn must not be appointed. He took the managers job knowing the extent of the task. He makes all sorts of excuses as to why he is not to blame.  At the forum he told us that after taking over as manager he only had 9 days to bring in new players. So, was he even doing his previous job of , Head of Recruitment, efficiently?? Obviously not!!!

[quote user="canaryspike7"]Gunn had 19 games. He was the head of recruitment so had some idea of players that roeder brought in. Gunn should just leave. He''s not a manager, he''s just the club''s odd job man. Its a f******g disgrace that he''s being considered for the job.[/quote]he had plenty of points to play for and unfortunatly didnt get them...legend yes...manager NO

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="ridgeman"]

Gunns record 19 games (10 home 9 away), won 5 drawn 5 lost 9, twenty points from 19 games over a season is 48 points relegation form.

Time to move on.

[/quote]

But not with his team though.

[/quote]

Let''s be fair the 4 nil against Barnsley was totally flattering and then he got the job, played well in a few games but collapsed at the end loosing 5 from 6, sorry but that form won''t get us promoted. We need to look elsewhere.

Emotions should be kept out of football. The Newcastle Keegan/Shearer disasters are a classic case in point.

Clear the bloody lot out and lets start again.... and no Mark Robins either.......

WILL EVERYONE GET OFF HIS BACK FOR ONCE !!! It gets so frustrating on here seeing people moan that he might become manager when they were really happy at him getting the job until the end of the season. He didn''thave his own team and youshould get behind whatever manager we get next instead of jumping staright on their backs and being so negative. We arenotgoing to get anywhere if we are all negative when we need to be positive the most.

The Charlton debacle proves beyond doubt Gunn isnt going to cut it. His peevish performance at the open day didnt exactly impress either. Gunn out.  

I can''t get my head around people saying it wasn''t Gunns team,as he bought in Carney who was absolute pants,Lee,Mcdonald,Mooney,Leijer,Gow had his games when he didn''t look interested and there were people there like Russell, Docherty,Shackle etc who he knew before taking the job.

Regardless of it being his team or not, he didn''t motivate the team and to see the effort in the last game,the lack of any tactical nouse against Reading etc showed no sign of going in the right direction.

When Roeder took over it wasn''t his team either but he didn''t too badly (I am not insisting to bring him back either) and for the messing about with his loanees in the team towards the end of the season we would have been more comfortable.

I am sorry if I am not applauding Gunn, he was a good keeper but we have had better (Chris Woods) and I respect him for what he has achieved after personal loss but I want our next manager to be the manager because he is the best person for the job and not just the cheapest or easiest decision for this gutless board. What have Butterworth and Crook brought to the outfit since joining the team, now is the time for the board to wake up and smell the coffee!

Forest, Derby and Blackpool all changed their managers and went with experience,surely the fact we went with a novice and we went down should show the board something if they want to acknowledge it. I don''t blame Delia totally but she has left a chief executive who now has 2 relegations on his CV in position which baffles me. Now is not the time for the execs to turn a blind eye to what needs to be changed otherwise this club does not have the fight to get out of league 1.

Over to the adults now.