Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

More than a week

It has been more than a week since relegation and what has happened.....NOTHING!  Lots of talk but no action, you would have thought that as a business there would already have been a plan B in place....apparently not!

I think we are going to be fed the same old spin with little or no real change

OTBC

St.John

I''d rather they take their time and go about it properly than make another hash decision...

[quote user="AJ"]I''d rather they take their time and go about it properly than make another hash decision...
[/quote]

Damn right AJ.

[quote user="AJ"]I''d rather they take their time and go about it properly than make another hash decision...[/quote]I prefer hash decisions to rash decisions - much more relaxed...

So you are all falling for the same old spin again....yes thats right Norwich take your time to make sure you get  it right. RUBBISH, they should have had a plan in this event that could be put effortlessly into motion.

Nothing is going to happen of any significance other than we lose most of our team as they are loanees, sign no one, well who is any good anyway and the board will still be in place with maybe a few scape goats to act as fall guys.

Action should be quick, desisve putting the club on the front foot to build for next season.  How many times must we put up with the spin and nonesense that spouts from Carrow Rd

I want to know why so far NOTHING has happened, I undestand no one on the board knows this answer but I am just fed up with the continued lack of leadership from our club

OTBC

St.john

St.John

[quote user="AJ"]I''d rather they take their time and go about it properly than make another hash decision...
[/quote]

I don''t agree with this at all. The last two appointments were made after exhastive consideration, taking weeks. Application forms, interviews and more and look what we ended up with. The only way to appoint a manager is to look at our situation, look at the track records of possible candidates and go and get the one that fits best.

It took Ipswich two days between sacking Magilton and appointing Keene. It might not work out but it does at least show a decisive direction from the board - can we have some please?

And the moral of the story is; we are where we deserve to be.

On your second point, I would guess that Ipswich would have been in talks about replacing Magitlton, and indeed with Mr Keane for some time.

[quote user="AJ"]And the moral of the story is; we are where we deserve to be.

On your second point, I would guess that Ipswich would have been in talks about replacing Magitlton, and indeed with Mr Keane for some time.
[/quote]

Correct, so the question is why have we not been talking to potential managers and investors...? Oh I know....better to bury your head in the sand and hope the problems go away

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

It took Ipswich two days between sacking Magilton and appointing Keene.

[/quote]

I bet it didnt take two days ;-)

The fact is, that if the club are going to sack Gunn, then there is no point in doing it until they have found a replacement. Much the SAME as the way that Ipswich probably did.

Having a period with no manager only unsettles the players. Whereas sacking a manager and replacing him the day after (e.g. ready made replacement) means that the players can know pretty much immediately whether they have a future.

For example. We sack Gunn tomorrow and then start looking for a manager. Lee Croft decides that he wont sign a new contract if he doesnt know who he will be playing for, and signs for Derby.

Alternatively, Gunn gets sacked tomorrow and replaced on Wednesday with Paul Ince. Paul Ince then phones Croft and says that he wants him to stay and Lee Croft can then decide whether or not he wants to play for Derby or Paul Ince.

The club could in fact be getting it spot on this time. I would rather have somebody communicating with the players in the capacity of manager (e.g. Gunn) rather than nobody talking to players for a month about fitness, activities, contracts etc.....

I can guarentee that Keane and Evans didnt agree and sign a contract in less than two days. I suspect that they would have been in contact for a period of weeks or months.

[/quote]but dont dwindle on it to much....it is a fine line...we defoned the right man in this time round(goe,s without saying) the new man has to be given all the time to build and gel the squad

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="AJ"]I''d rather they take their time and go about it properly than make another hash decision...
[/quote]but dont dwindle on it to much....it is a fine line...we defoned the right man in this time round(goe,s without saying) the new man has to be given all the time to build and gel the squad[/quote]#defo  need#   dam edit button pete!!!!!!! lol

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

It took Ipswich two days between sacking Magilton and appointing Keene.

[/quote]

I bet it didnt take two days ;-)

The fact is, that if the club are going to sack Gunn, then there is no point in doing it until they have found a replacement. Much the SAME as the way that Ipswich probably did.

Having a period with no manager only unsettles the players. Whereas sacking a manager and replacing him the day after (e.g. ready made replacement) means that the players can know pretty much immediately whether they have a future.

For example. We sack Gunn tomorrow and then start looking for a manager. Lee Croft decides that he wont sign a new contract if he doesnt know who he will be playing for, and signs for Derby.

Alternatively, Gunn gets sacked tomorrow and replaced on Wednesday with Paul Ince. Paul Ince then phones Croft and says that he wants him to stay and Lee Croft can then decide whether or not he wants to play for Derby or Paul Ince.

The club could in fact be getting it spot on this time. I would rather have somebody communicating with the players in the capacity of manager (e.g. Gunn) rather than nobody talking to players for a month about fitness, activities, contracts etc.....

I can guarentee that Keane and Evans didnt agree and sign a contract in less than two days. I suspect that they would have been in contact for a period of weeks or months.

[/quote]

The players are packing their bags to go and drink a bit, and eat a bit, then drink a bit more, and then, hopefully meet some peroxide orangey toned chavettes - in a far flung Greek island called "Imamodel"....Because sadly for us - our season is now.....over.

At least half a dozen of the squad will return to their parent clubs.....and don''t actually give a toss. Not even when they were playing.

Maybe the appointment of a half-decent respected manager may slightly influence our remaining average under-achieving excuses for footballers - to remain here at Carra....

If for some obscure reason we don''t appoint Gunn and Co, who''s to say that the new manager wants the remnants of seasons of abject failure?

A new manager could/should now be appointed, and have time to identify targets and off-load the free-loading layabouts and start to inject some stability and hope.

Our board have learnt nothing.....Or they have and won''t do anything.

In truth, Gunn will still be here, the Board and Delia and the Donkster will still be here, and I don''t believe for one nanosecond that they intend to change very much for the next season....apart from the decor, the menu - and the napkins.   

Bottom line is that this Board have presided over consistent failure except when they got lucky after the Huckerby factor. They need to be swept away. They are institutionally incompetent and would have no idea what to do even if someone handed them a book titled "What to if you get relegated from League One having squandered squillions of cash and have no players left, Updated 2009 edition". I await their next pronouncement with as much excitement as someone consigned to watch 1920s black and white silent yugoslavian surrealist movies for the rest of their days.

as others have said, how can they have gone a week, without knowing what to do next. has relegation come out of the blue for them, because i''ve been waiting for it for weeks. how can people like this be in control of our club - surely it shows their ineptitude that they haven''t been planning for this. it would have been quite easy really, and to simplify it even more:a) we stay up: gunn shows enough about him to keep his jobb) we stay up, luckily: gunn doesn''t have it in him to be managerc)we go down, unluckily: gunn seems to have done enough, to keep his jobd)we go down, we surrender: fall apart. gunn is not made to be manager, he gave it a go, but is inadequate.surely as the weeks progressed it would have become apparent from working with the man, and seeing how he worked with the team whether a/c or b/d were the best description of him as manager, and therefore would merely have had to wait on the ever decreasing results tp see if the club would be a/b or c/d.so it basically comes down to their judgement (not so far been that successful) of the man. if they were keeping him, should they not already know this. if not, then as our relegation became more likely, start sounding out possible replacements. we need major changes at the very, very , very least on the playing front, and this first month could shape our whole season. some don''t want to hurry any decision, as they don''t want mistakes to be made, well this board have taken their time with all their decisions, and most haven''t worked out so far. if they are taking their time, then why haven''t they already taken it.it does just seem like they are waiting until the storm blows over, people accept that we are in league one, and the summer drifts past.that seems to have been their plan in the past, this year i think it could be a tad different.

St John, who exactly is falling for all the spin? Certainly not me, or anyone I know. We are, as you say waiting for the board to make a decision about the manager for next season, along with some rational planning re the structure of the board of directors, investment, player transfers in and out and so on.

Sadly, if you had witnessed Messrs Doncaster and Munby at the NCISA forum in March, you would have heard them say that relegation (or the "R" word) was not mentioned in the corridors of power, or anywhere at Carrow Road. So there we are, no planning and certainly none of this infamous plan ''b''.

Whether it''s actually hit them yet is difficult to decide. When they are actually going to do anything constructive, well, how long have we waited so far? We didn''t get relegated on the strength of one bad season, it was as a result of a long slow decline as a result of bad decision making, lack of leadership (as you point out) and reliance on hope more than anything else.

I have absolutely no confidence in them coming up with anything workable at the present moment in time. IF they do decide that those changes that need to be made actually are focused on themselves first and foremost we may actually make some progress, but will they?

As you say we need leaders, at every level. Starting with the top men (and women).

I believe Gunns contract finished at the end of the season.  We have a board who are unwilling to spend anything on the football team if it can be put to better use on some lovely new non-vital facility.  Therefore, as we are not paying a managers wage at the moment we are likely to wait until the last possible moment to employ someone IMO.

Thinking about it, perhaps some of the logic behind the loans obsession was that we wouldn`t have to pay them through the summer?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I believe Gunns contract finished at the end of the season.  We have a board who are unwilling to spend anything on the football team if it can be put to better use on some lovely new non-vital facility.  Therefore, as we are not paying a managers wage at the moment we are likely to wait until the last possible moment to employ someone IMO.

Thinking about it, perhaps some of the logic behind the loans obsession was that we wouldn`t have to pay them through the summer?

[/quote]

Equally dont expect any quick signings - the closer to August the more the club will save on wages.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]St John, who exactly is falling for all the spin? Certainly not me, or anyone I know. We are, as you say waiting for the board to make a decision about the manager for next season, along with some rational planning re the structure of the board of directors, investment, player transfers in and out and so on. Sadly, if you had witnessed Messrs Doncaster and Munby at the NCISA forum in March, you would have heard them say that relegation (or the "R" word) was not mentioned in the corridors of power, or anywhere at Carrow Road. So there we are, no planning and certainly none of this infamous plan ''b''. Whether it''s actually hit them yet is difficult to decide. When they are actually going to do anything constructive, well, how long have we waited so far? We didn''t get relegated on the strength of one bad season, it was as a result of a long slow decline as a result of bad decision making, lack of leadership (as you point out) and reliance on hope more than anything else. I have absolutely no confidence in them coming up with anything workable at the present moment in time. IF they do decide that those changes that need to be made actually are focused on themselves first and foremost we may actually make some progress, but will they? As you say we need leaders, at every level. Starting with the top men (and women).[/quote]

Gazza, I am glad you are not falling for the rubbish our board hides behind but it would appear from this board that others are......I just hope what you say is right and most of us fans are now united in the desperate need for change......

The touble is, if there is not, what honestly are we or any of us going to do about it?

OTBC

St.John

But the fundamental problem is that because this Board is incompetent it does not matter what plan they come up with or what they say. Every single so-called plan they have had has failed and led us into League 1. It nearly happened before the promotion season, it very nearly happened last season and it came around finally last week. It cannot be any surprise to anybody that they have generated nothing but a downward spiral of underachievement and waste of assets and resources.

So while I agree it is strange that nothing tangible is announced, no supporter should take any notice of what they do come up with unless the whole lot resign in favour of a new dynamic Board with some football  experience and more business knowledge than how to make cranberry muffins. Any Board who can appoint Peter Grant, then Glenn Roeder (letting both of them destroy the playing squad) and then a nice bloke who has run Corporate Hospitality for a bit has any credibility left.

Hi Tumbleweed, nice to see you back on here again by the way, you have been missed!

Yes, they are incompetent and more than a few of us have said so for years, trouble is it''s probably taken this relegation (though 2004/5 must have got some thinking) for more than a handful of fans to really question their capabilities and moreover their vision.

While in principle it would be great if someone with credibility came in we have yet to see or hear of such a person(s). I think with some ''encouragement'' from fans'' groups, other bodies such as the Associate Directors, the Trust and a really focused press campaign perhaps we can begin to turn the tide and get something done.

I doubt if any one of us has the answers, but together we might just have enough of a voice and some credible views/plans/names to make a difference.

What is abundantly clear, they can''t be left to just meander on in their own sweet way any longer.