Sign in to follow this  
Simon Lappin, King Of Spain

Great News!!!!!!!! But........

Whilst it has to be good for the club that Munby and particularly Doncaster have left the Board, one thing that does make me slightly apprehensive is that we could end up with someone far worse replacing them. It''s not as if the current board have a stellar record in appointing managers is it? Therefore I believe there is a real possiblity that they could do exactly what they''ve done for the past ten years when appointing a manager and hire someone patently unsuitable for the job. In no way am I advocating that they should have stayed however you have to wonder if a board which has made such disastarous decisions recently in terms of hiring and firing of both players and managers will be able to make the right decision when appointing a chief executive or chairman. What I also find disturbing is the idea that Delia and MWJ may well have virtually unbridled power over all decisions regarding the club (if they didn''t already) until the right candidates are identified and if recent quotes from her are anything to go by she doesn''t have the first idea about the realities of modern football. She''ll probably end up hiring Rupert Lowe!!!!!!!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]i would have thought the club would have somebody lined up before allowing Doncaster and Munby to walk away.[/quote]

Perhaps they decided that the hassle wasn''t worth the job and walked anyway. Now Delia and Michael have 66% of the decision over a new manager as opposed to 40% before...

Could be interesting!

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]i would have thought the club would have somebody lined up before allowing Doncaster and Munby to walk away.[/quote]

Perhaps they decided that the hassle wasn''t worth the job and walked anyway. Now Delia and Michael have 66% of the decision over a new manager as opposed to 40% before...

Could be interesting!

[/quote]

O dear O dear, she ideal choice was Rioch and Hamilton   [img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/suicide.gif[/img]

But any decision is likely to have been subject to even greater influence from Delia and Micheal, which given recent high level appointments is IMO extremely worrying