Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Munby was a good chairman

Every time I spoke to Mr Munby he came across as a person who supported this club to the core, so I do not think we should "celebrate" his leaving.

I do not think that the Chairman at any of the other league clubs  were as accessible as Roger was.

So for my part I thank him for all the time & effort  he has put in as our chairman.

But things had to change and I do feel that in  Neil Doncaster''s case he has done the right thing. He has always been to closely linked to the "ambition with prudence" mantra that has so enraged the fans.

Now the club need to start the search for an EXPERIENCED manager. And he needs to be appointed as soon as possible.

We need to be first in for new players, a mistake Glenn Roeder made which left us without a centre-forward for nearly all of last season.   

Roger was always very helpful when I spoke to him, geniuine nice guy as the supporters groups will all agree.  However this football club needs a fresh start as I am sure even Roger would agree.  Good luck to him, but its time to begin restructuring and to move this club forward.

Neil Doncaster - No comment, wont be missed by me.

[quote user="Pissed as a Mattress"]Typical, everyone calls for his head........he goes........then they say how bloody good he was. Make up your minds.[/quote]I guess you don''t know a good thing until it''s gone[:''(][IMG]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/assets/images/dynamicfeed/briscoek20081121171159.jpg[/IMG][:''(]

I really liked roger munby and its a shame to see him go. I agree with NeilD going though but munby was more commited to norwich than neil would ever be.

I agree, Munby was a good figure head, and I''m sure we''ll remain very much his second club after his beloved Hull City!

I think both are actually nice people and neither has intentionally done anything wrong. They''ve just been part of a group that has made some disasterous decisions regarding Team Managers which has brought the club to its lowest position in donkeys, and which has run its course and needs changing.

He was the trout''s poodle and as one of those culpable for our club''s demise there should be no sympathy WHATSOEVER for him. Stuff the nice bloke crap, let''s have people who know what they''re doing!

[quote user="crafty canary"]He was the trout''s poodle and as one of those culpable for our club''s demise there should be no sympathy WHATSOEVER for him. Stuff the nice bloke crap, let''s have people who know what they''re doing![/quote]What people ??Aint that the problem ?

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

I think both are actually nice people and neither has intentionally done anything wrong. They''ve just been part of a group that has made some disasterous decisions regarding Team Managers which has brought the club to its lowest position in donkeys, and which has run its course and needs changing.

[/quote]

At the end of the day, change has clearly been needed for some time and for them to leave is the bare minimum we should expect, but at the same time I pretty much agree with what you''ve said.  I don''t know either of them but they always seemed approachable and willing to engage with supporters, much more than would seem ''normal''.  For example, I''m pretty sure that at most clubs the CEO will not enter into open correspondence with people as Doomy did, or call them up when criticisms are made (the guy who sits next to me at games has been called by Doomy/Munby a number of times).  But they have seen us reach a 50-year low and for that some were clearly going to have to pay the price.

No, Munby was just a Chairman by position - (and a less than average one at that).....

Who really calls the shots at the club?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

At the end of the day, change has clearly been needed for some time and for them to leave is the bare minimum we should expect, but at the same time I pretty much agree with what you''ve said.  I don''t know either of them but they always seemed approachable and willing to engage with supporters, much more than would seem ''normal''.  For example, I''m pretty sure that at most clubs the CEO will not enter into open correspondence with people as Doomy did, or call them up when criticisms are made (the guy who sits next to me at games has been called by Doomy/Munby a number of times).  But they have seen us reach a 50-year low and for that some were clearly going to have to pay the price.

[/quote]Well said! I think Munby hinted that he would step down in his shell shocked interview after the Charlton match. Think he''s behaved well. Very pleased Doncaster has gone - but he had his strengths and was happy to correspond.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some CEO''s (mostly in lower leagues) will have dialogue with fans but the vast majority look on them as lepers and any emails would be filtered by the PA.  There are CEO''s in the Championship who never attend games and at least one who can''t stand football.  I can certainly say that some published email addresses for football CEO lead not to him but to the PA.  He has his own separate email which is not published in the public domain.  This stands out like a sore thumb on Football League circulars

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some CEO''s (mostly in lower leagues) will have dialogue with fans but the vast majority look on them as lepers and any emails would be filtered by the PA.  There are CEO''s in the Championship who never attend games and at least one who can''t stand football.  I can certainly say that some published email addresses for football CEO lead not to him but to the PA.  He has his own separate email which is not published in the public domain.  This stands out like a sore thumb on Football League circulars

[/quote]

You''re such a know it all irritant.

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No he''s not.....He didn''t broadcast or leak - that the Donkster and Rogernater were ''standing down''....

I think Munby has stepped down too to try save Doncaster and Delia some face.Afterall, they are just two frontmen used to take some of the spice out of the recipie of Delia.Clever, but we''ll see through it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Sort your apostrophes out Cam, for a so called Journo you should know better.

No problem with Munby. I don''t think he had to go because of himself, but moreso to help towards a ''clean start'' with the club. Agree with Doncaster leaving, but it is a bit of a shame in regards to Roger.

They are probably both very nice people, but they screwed up too many times on the important things. Huge sums of money were squandered, and they seemed clueless as to how to stop that. They gambled on managers because they hadn''t done enough homework, then used the fact that they weren''t football experts as an excuse. When you''re in positions of power like that, excuses are irrelevant.

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Jesus. Leave the man alone already. Keep going Cam, you''re better reading on here than many.