Just a rumour of heard so don''t shot the messenger and start all the abuse, BUT my sister in law went to school with his missus and they regularly keep in touch with each other and says that a move back to Norfolk may be on the cards?

Doubt she means Kings Lynn, Gunny knows him well and he''s out of contract and could come back to compete with Rudd for the No.1 spot.

I know know his past and I would rather have Rudd but surely he''s better than Nelson?

I think it would be a good move... We need an old pro* to help rudd out and provide a good voice at the back...

*i don''t mean as in pat butcher :-)

Jesus Christ.Alan LeeAlex BruceBilly Clarkenow Andy Marshall.We might as well just collapse NCFC and move our stuff down the road.

Could it mean they are thinking of moving back to Norfolk.  Surely a club move would have been said as "a move back to Norwich city"?

I remember A certain Mr R Green being given his debut at the age of 18 when Marshall (Andy) got injured.  It was at home v Ipswich I think.  We drew 0-0 and he performed very well.  I also remember he broke Matt jackson''s nose because he wasn''t going to leave a clearance to chance (my god did it bleed!).

My point being, why is it too soon for Rudd, and why does he need more experience.  We should still have Joe Lewis, and we would, had we of played him.  Rudd should be played as No. 1 and make him step up to the plate.  No need to buy another keeper then and so we can spend the £6.32 we got for Marshall on a midfielder.

Surely I''m right (as always) on this one???

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

I remember A certain Mr R Green being given his debut at the age of 18 when Marshall (Andy) got injured.  It was at home v Ipswich I think.  We drew 0-0 and he performed very well.  I also remember he broke Matt jackson''s nose because he wasn''t going to leave a clearance to chance (my god did it bleed!).

My point being, why is it too soon for Rudd, and why does he need more experience.  We should still have Joe Lewis, and we would, had we of played him.  Rudd should be played as No. 1 and make him step up to the plate.  No need to buy another keeper then and so we can spend the £6.32 we got for Marshall on a midfielder.

[/quote]I have to agree. Without loaning them out and if we loaned him out we''d have even less cover, how are they gonna get the experience if you don''t let them get it?

Nope, you''re wrong. Green was 19. ;o)

it wasn''t untill Green was 21 did he become first choice, i just feel an experienced keeper is needed if we''re to come back up, It''s essential we get the reserve team back playing regularly for the likes of Rudd

Anyone else get the feeling this might be another moneysaving exercise by the board?.....they wont have to print a new name on the home kits next season! [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]take the hatred to 1 side and it would be a good move in my opinion, i''m not so sure Rudd is quite ready yet so an experienced keeper who knows the place well is needed[/quote]

2 of my mates are coventry fans and they often say how absolutely awful he is so i dont really think it would be a good move

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]it wasn''t untill Green was 21 did he become first choice, i just feel an experienced keeper is needed if we''re to come back up, It''s essential we get the reserve team back playing regularly for the likes of Rudd[/quote]

I agree we definetly need a new more experienced no.1, Rudd has only just turned 18 and will need another year. Loan him out for the first three months or give him the cups games to get to grips with the level, at 18 he doesnt need the massive pressure that is going to be on the club to get results right from the start next season in a very physical league.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

[/quote]I was there. The best thing was him dealing with one of Malky''s trademark aweful back passes (how people remember him as a cultured footballer I dont know) it was up and bounced horribly in front of Green - to far away for him to go to and with a striker baring down on him. He headed it past it the oncoming player and booted it - cool head and didn''t flap, the polar opposite of Andy Marshall.

Peterborough managed ok this season with an inexperienced keeper they signed from one of their local clubs.Rudd could be an answer. And Gunn would be well placed to mentor him (should he still be about)...

[quote user="Pudd"]Peterborough managed ok this season with an inexperienced keeper they signed from one of their local clubs.Rudd could be an answer. And Gunn would be well placed to mentor him (should he still be about)...[/quote]

the very same keeper who is 3 years older than Rudd and 18 months experience of senior football

Talk about a step backwards. He''d be moderately comfortable in League One at the very best. Rudd will almost certainly be number 2 next season, but I think he needs at least another year, getting the occasional game for now before becoming permanent #1.