Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Gunn for Doncasters role?

Does anybody else see Gunn going upstairs in a Director of Football role replacing Doomcaster?I feel this would be his best role at the club. Could liase with the fans well and not have to make any subs or tactical decisions. He could also ensure that managers do not take the loan route and invest in young talent for the future.I feel he will be announced in this role with a new owner in the near future. The club could have a great set up soonCullum OwnerGunn CEOHuckerby to return in some role?Robins manager?Would do me!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Does anybody else see Gunn going upstairs in a Director of Football role replacing Doomcaster?I feel this would be his best role at the club. Could liase with the fans well and not have to make any subs or tactical decisions. He could also ensure that managers do not take the loan route and invest in young talent for the future.I feel he will be announced in this role with a new owner in the near future. The club could have a great set up soonCullum OwnerGunn CEOHuckerby to return in some role?Robins manager?Would do me![/quote]Huge difference between director of football and CEO. Gunn could do the former but not the latter.

There''s possibly some mileage in this suggestion.  Gunn is a marketing person and has direct experience of transfer dealings so potentially could be a cheap priced  CEO.  But he has been on footie managers wages so maybe not that cheap.  Gunn moving upstairs would be positive for a number of reasons not least the obvious one of what to do with him as he is not a footie manager but don''t want to lose his rapport with the fans.  The Director of football role is porbably most likely so not a striaght shoe-in. 

I am not sue as to what these guys roles actually do but I feel he would do a good job dealing with the fans and transfers etc... Maybe some players would actually want to come?I just have a feeling he is going upstairs in some shape or form?

Gunn would be good as a CE as he''s good at man management. He was events manager or something before goal keeping coach. If that doesnt work he could always try another job at the club. Maybe kiosk worker, he''ll have done them all then. I''m going to ask if he would consider it tomorrow.

Gunn would be a shocking choice as CEO or as manager,he has no experience in either. He''s never even worked in a business like setup before, and wouldn''t have a clue what he''s doing. Let''s try and get someone with experience who has done well in other businesses. Derek Bowden anybody? lol

WTF does Gunny know about business administration? It would be an appointment that would just add to our laughing stock image within football.

Gunny will be on Radio Norfolk tomorrow morning to put his reasons forward why he should remain as Manager next season, I don''t think there''s any plans for him to move up...http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/norfolk/hi/tv_and_radio/newsid_8045000/8045695.stm

Christ people I have already said I am not sure as to what these roles actually do!!! GET IT NOW!CEO or Director of football or whatever. I just feel he is going upstairs and what his role will be I have no Idea!!The business side can be done by Cullum!!![:P][;)][:D]

The bit about Gunn putting his case forward for manager was written before the announcement this evening. Gunn would be an excellent choice. He has been working here for years and knows the club and how it is run inside out. The one fault as a manager that I would give is his tactical ability. I have no questions about his management skills. Doncaster was head of operations and secretary before he became CEO.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Gunny will be on Radio Norfolk tomorrow morning to put his reasons forward why he should remain as Manager next season, I don''t think there''s any plans for him to move up...http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/norfolk/hi/tv_and_radio/newsid_8045000/8045695.stm

[/quote] Hopefully he will be moving out altogether.

The whole point of a ''football brain'' on the board is to have someone that the manager is answerable too.... so putting a guy that you think isn''t capable of managing a football team in that position is insane. Any position on the board isn''t one for someone inexperienced in that area. Director of football would be a promotion from manager.It seems bizarre that it isn''t standard practice for all football clubs to have someone in this capacity at board level. We need someone that has been there, seen it & done it all before. Someone that the manager can report to, be mentored by, learn from.Someone that can judge a manager''s performance.Many football clubs appoint inexperienced managers.... every manager is inexperienced when they first get appointed!!The difference between the successful ones and the unsuccessful ones, generally, is the club that is around them. A setup that is there to support and develop his management skills.

[quote user="crafty canary"]WTF does Gunny know about business administration? It would be an appointment that would just add to our laughing stock image within football.[/quote]

Exactly!! WTF is with all the sentiment surrounding decisions at NCFC! Why does it always have to be an ex-player, etc. It''s all bullshit! Look at Ipswich with their new manager and new CEO - any Ipswich connections? There''s your answer!

We need to start afresh - that means someone with no NCFC connections in the role, as manager, chairman and CEO - Jim Gannon for manager.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

Gunn is more likely to get the role as Chairman than CEO.

Lets be honest the guy appears to be trying out every role in the club atm so it wouldn''t surprise me to see him announced as the new chairman.

[/quote]

Agreed that Bryan Gunn would  be a disaster as Chief Executive but Roger Munby drew only £25,000 a year as Chairman.

I think Bryan will be looking for something way in excess of that figure if he stays at NCFC.