Sign in to follow this  
Wembley_Canary

This could mean one of two things....

Munby and Doncaster stepping down could mean one of two things, it could just be a decision that was made for cost cutting purposes, their wages alone will probably save the club 200k a year. Or it could mean that a potential takeover is just around the corner? Of course I hope it is the latter but can''t help but think that this is just part of Delia and Co''s restructure plan to help balance the books for League 1. What do you think?.....

''''There will be further changes to the Board. Meanwhile, an announcement

about the executive management structure at the Club will be made in

the near future, once staff at Carrow Road and Colney have been fully

consulted. The Club will not be adding to this statement until then."I think its the latter [:)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]or simply they''re being replaced in their roles[/quote]

I would hope that there could be more to it than that, but we shall see.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Munby and Doncaster stepping down could mean one of two things, it could just be a decision that was made for cost cutting purposes, their wages alone will probably save the club 200k a year. Or it could mean that a potential takeover is just around the corner? Of course I hope it is the latter but can''t help but think that this is just part of Delia and Co''s restructure plan to help balance the books for League 1. What do you think?.....

[/quote]

Just a case of new cheaper faces coming in me thinks.

Certainly not cost saving. Mumby didn''t take a salary except £25k a year to cover his time. Despite many opinions on here Doncaster was not highly paid for a CEO and it will cost just as much to replace him. The skill will be getting better value for the same money.

There are now spaces which need to be filled on the board so yes it''s obvious that some one new is going to have to come in.

Clearing the decks for a takeover so the new owner can bring his own people in, I would imagine that would be a condition of any potential takeover.

I wonder how we''ll all feel if it transpires later that Mumbles and Doomy have been martryed for standing up to Delia over her insistence that Gunn gets the Manager''s job.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Clearing the decks for a takeover so the new owner can bring his own people in, I would imagine that would be a condition of any potential takeover.[/quote]

I hope your right, but then it makes me question why the board would be quick to accept a bid for Marshall when a potential takeover was just around the corner?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Clearing the decks for a takeover so the new owner can bring his own people in, I would imagine that would be a condition of any potential takeover.[/quote]

Exactly my views, or someone coming on board with hefty investment. They could take the role of Chairman with one of their own men as Chief Executive. Didn''t someone say that he''d want one of his men in control and also wouldn''t let the club total crash and burn?

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

I hope your right, but then it makes me question why the board would be quick to accept a bid for Marshall when a potential takeover was just around the corner?

[/quote]

Possibly because Marshall wanted to go because he didn''t want to play in league 1 so they didn''t really have a choice in the matter.

make sense mat , then delia could step aside to carry on with her catering interests ,

i should imagine it was a fairly hefty pay off as well .

It is also intimated in the statement that there will be "further changes to the board". there are only 3 members left so it sounds hopeful that Smith and Jones could be on their way out.

It could be that investment/buyers have agreed to splash the cash based on certain criteria (i.e the removal of the current chairman/CEO). Probably not likely to be the case but I can still hope. 

It could just be a case of Delia trying to bring the fans onside by dealing the last card she has left - Doncaster/Mumby sacked, blamed for all our problems and used as scapegoats.

It could also be a cost cutting exercise. Afterall it''ll save us approx £200k a year for a start, although replacements are still needed so some/most of that will disappear again.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

It could be that investment/buyers have agreed to splash the cash based on certain criteria (i.e the removal of the current chairman/CEO). Probably not likely to be the case but I can still hope. 

It could just be a case of Delia trying to bring the fans onside by dealing the last card she has left - Doncaster/Mumby sacked, blamed for all our problems and used as scapegoats.

It could also be a cost cutting exercise. Afterall it''ll save us approx £200k a year for a start, although replacements are still needed so some/most of that will disappear again.

[/quote]

I think that your second option is the one - anything to deflect attention, I should imagine.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]

Yes I can''t help but draw towards your 2nd and 3rd point, sorry for sounding negative but I don''t want to get too excited just yet, untill we know for sure, not after the let down of the whole Cullum saga which took place last year. Either way we should find out fairly soon.

I don''t buy the clear the decks theory, why not just do it when the new investor comes in? I wouldn''t be surprised if there was a fresh cash injection, can''t see it being on the scale hoped for though.

I think it''s rationale comes down to two things; 1. The board needed an overhaul and those were the only two in a position to be binned; and, 2. Delia is hoping to avoid flak by taking action but staying herself.

Either way should be a good thing I think

[quote user="jbghost"]Certainly not cost saving. Mumby didn''t take a salary except £25k a year to cover his time. Despite many opinions on here Doncaster was not highly paid for a CEO and it will cost just as much to replace him. The skill will be getting better value for the same money.[/quote]

"it will cost just as much to replace him"

Bet it won''t.

Or administration!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I don''t buy the clear the decks theory, why not just do it when the new investor comes in? I wouldn''t be surprised if there was a fresh cash injection, can''t see it being on the scale hoped for though. I think it''s rationale comes down to two things; 1. The board needed an overhaul and those were the only two in a position to be binned; and, 2. Delia is hoping to avoid flak by taking action but staying herself. Either way should be a good thing I think[/quote]

Through a friend who has a professional connection with the Gruesome Twosome and who spoke with both of them last Thursday they were not then planning to go anywhere.  Bemoaned relegation, the recession et al but last Thursday were "digging in" to try and get the club out of the brown stuff next season, her somewhat more enthusiastically than him.  Absolutely no mention last Thursday of fresh investment by anyone outside and he would have expected to have been told that if it were so.

I have no idea whether that situation has changed since last Thursday

Have no idea how true this could be but last week i was told that Foulger along with a consortium of people i''m guessing local buisness men have put an offer on the table to take complete control of NCFC.[^o)] 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I don''t buy the clear the decks theory, why not just do it when the new investor comes in? I wouldn''t be surprised if there was a fresh cash injection, can''t see it being on the scale hoped for though. I think it''s rationale comes down to two things; 1. The board needed an overhaul and those were the only two in a position to be binned; and, 2. Delia is hoping to avoid flak by taking action but staying herself. Either way should be a good thing I think[/quote]

Through a friend who has a professional connection with the Gruesome Twosome and who spoke with both of them last Thursday they were not then planning to go anywhere.  Bemoaned relegation, the recession et al but last Thursday were "digging in" to try and get the club out of the brown stuff next season, her somewhat more enthusiastically than him.  Absolutely no mention last Thursday of fresh investment by anyone outside and he would have expected to have been told that if it were so.

[/quote]

So basically Delia has no intention of selling up or going anywhere anytime soon, that''s just about killed any optimism I previously had.... [:(]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

How can she say she doesn''t intend going anywhere just a few days after she stood in front of the tv cameras after the Charlton game and said she would step down if anyone wanted to take the club over? She was lying on one of those occasions, question is which one. If what you say is true she is basically saying she has no intention of selling up

They were just scapegoats so Delia can save her arse once again. There is no takeover planned I am sure! [:@]