Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Give Rudd the bloody no. 1 jersey

Why bloody not! We went wrong with Joe Lewis by not playing him, ''lack of experience'' so bloody what! Give him pre season to make sure he''s up for it and then put him in, instead of letting another youth player sit around our academy with loads of potential rotting away! He''s gotta start somewhere and i''d prefer to play him than get some dodgy replacement in.

Well with marshall on his way it would appear that we have little choice anyway. Nothing to lose and to be honest we will only get better if our youngsters have the chance to come through

I agree - although i have never seen him play. Green was young when he came in and it was never a problem. As long as he''s not some kind of midget who is not fully grown let him have a crack!

At worst, he''ll be rubbish for 2 games and we''ll rest him, and then he''ll come back in and still be rubbish. Worth a go tho

You have to feel sorry for Nelson who is simply going to be lead-frogged by Rudd - and quite rightly.

[quote user="AJ"]You have to feel sorry for Nelson who is simply going to be lead-frogged by Rudd - and quite rightly.
[/quote]

We can''t afford to play Nelson out of sympathy though, although I do agree with the sentiment of your message. Nelson is an experienced guy who is never going to go further in his career, unlike Rudd who has Premier League potential. That is all it is at the moment though, potential. If he is to fulfill this and ultimately raise us a lot of money we need to give him the chance.

I still feel that it would be better for Rudd to give him a three month loan in League Two before dropping him in the deep end, but I guess we might not have much of a choice. I hope all the people who are supporting this idea now aren''t going to jump on his back when he makes a mistake (which he undoubtedly will).

He is going to make mistakes but we need to expect that, just look at how Joe Lewis adapted to first team football so well cos his coaches showed some faith in him.

Dare I say it but if I was an 18 year old keeper going into the first team I wouldnt mind having an ex goalkeeping legend as my manager. I don''t want Gunn as manager but this is the one positive I can see from what looks like the most likely outcome (i.e. him getting the job).

I just hope we dont sign another average mid 20''s keeper who keeps Rudd from progressing. Its either got to be a 30+ year old who is a one season stop gap or Rudd in my opinion. 

There isn''t really a valid arguement for him not start next season as number 1.Let''s hope Gunny (or whoever) see''s that as well.

[quote user="Duffman"]There isn''t really a valid arguement for him not start next season as number 1.

Let''s hope Gunny (or whoever) see''s that as well.
[/quote]

Nope Gunny wants the job if they don''t make him manager[:D]

[quote user="olej"]Nelson is out of contract in the summer. We do need an experience keeper as well as Rudd though. Look at the likes of Taylor, Kenny and hannaman. the top 3 keepers in the league.[/quote]Kenny is in the Prem...Look at Hennessey.

Get Bryan Gunn as the No2, doesn''t matter if he''s any good or not the guy''s got experience.

[quote user="AJ"]You have to feel sorry for Nelson who is simply going to be lead-frogged by Rudd - and quite rightly.[/quote]Nelson is out of contract in the summer.

And Chelksi were once said to be interested but pulled out due to cash flow, so yes give the shirt to Rudd,

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Why bloody not! We went wrong with Joe Lewis by not playing him, ''lack of experience'' so bloody what! Give him pre season to make sure he''s up for it and then put him in, instead of letting another youth player sit around our academy with loads of potential rotting away! He''s gotta start somewhere and i''d prefer to play him than get some dodgy replacement in.
[/quote]

He''s too young and inexperienced. We need a wise head next season and Nelson would suit us fine in League 1.

I agree with the first post, it''s time to give our youth a chance to shine instead of letting them rot away in the distance, we clearly have several youngsters with the potential to make it and League 1 is the ideal platform to get them going.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Why bloody not! We went wrong with Joe Lewis by not playing him, ''lack of experience'' so bloody what! Give him pre season to make sure he''s up for it and then put him in, instead of letting another youth player sit around our academy with loads of potential rotting away! He''s gotta start somewhere and i''d prefer to play him than get some dodgy replacement in.[/quote]

He''s too young and inexperienced. We need a wise head next season and Nelson would suit us fine in League 1.

[/quote]Lewis is still young and was inexperienced when he signed for Peterborough - although he hasn''t set the world on fire he has still done well enough to be a part of a well performing team.

[quote user="pete_norw"]And Chelksi were once said to be interested but pulled out due to cash flow, so yes give the shirt to Rudd,[/quote]

no they weren''t, 1 tabloid suggested they were looking at Jed Steer.

I also think Rudd should start for us next year.  With an experienced duo at center half (Doc and Dejan) I think Rudd can pull it off. He might even save a penalty or two.

Rudd is a big lad, just a bit concerned as he hasnt played in the 1st team yet.

Plus it will be very strange seeing someone I saw around school back in the day, playing for Norwich.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]He might even save a penalty or two.[/quote]LOL. That''ll be the day.

lets make use of the youth system Rudd is a qaulity keeper and needs the number 1 shirt! would the u19 sqaud have got norwich relegated last year probably but we would have still saved 2m +

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Why bloody not! We went wrong with Joe Lewis by not playing him, ''lack of experience'' so bloody what! Give him pre season to make sure he''s up for it and then put him in, instead of letting another youth player sit around our academy with loads of potential rotting away! He''s gotta start somewhere and i''d prefer to play him than get some dodgy replacement in.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lewis is still young and was inexperienced when he signed for Peterborough - although he hasn''t set the world on fire he has still done well enough to be a part of a well performing team.
[/quote]

18 is incredibly young for a goal keeper though, I would have rather seen a more experienced keeper (not Nelson, maybe even someone like Tyler from Peterborough) playing the league games with Rudd having a few months on loan and maybe the promise of featuring in all the cup games, with the view to him pushing his way into the team later in the season. I really worry about an 18 year old keeper being dropped in at the deep end in such a crucial season.