Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Marshall is no loss.

A financial loss yes, but I have said it once and I will say it again. We need to get rid of ALL of the passionless and talentless t*ssers.

I want a squad built around:-

Micheal Spillane

Chris Martin

Alan Lee

Cody McDonald

Darren Huckerby

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

Jason Shackell (I can dream)

Gary Doherty

Adam Drury (if we cant get rid, cant fault attitude).

Everybody else can p*ss off. Good start from the club, the sooner we get rid the better.

[quote user="barclay king"]totaly agree,he was overated,made alot of mistakes and is scottish!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Couldnt care less about him being Scottish, but yeah he was overated and clearly couldnt care less about us as a club.

He was probably on a very good wage, having been a Celtic player and Scotland international.

Good solid start to the overhaul.  Just another 9 or 10 to go.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Considering he was valued in an excess of £2m last year I would say he is a massive loss but a terrible keeper.[/quote]

Valued at £2m by who though?  There is no official ''valuers'', the valuation is what the market is willing to pay, and as far as I am aware we have never been offered £2m for David Marshall.

I think we could have held out for a bit more, maybe 600k, but he isnt worth anywhere near £2m. 

Robert Green went for £2.5m. QPR signed Lee Camp for 300k. Enough said.

I imagine he was on the phone to Dave Jones the minute he had finished his interview with the EDP last week regarding the mass exodus that wasn''t going to happen. Well he''s got the ball rolling on that one.  

It is only no loss if we replace him with someone as good or better. Nelson or Rudd? I may be wrong but I don''t think either are a nailed on certainty to be anywhere near as good as Marshall.

very poor keeper that couldn''t command hus area and was often caught hesitating in no man''s land. Excellent business. I''m just grateful to get some money for him after Grant wasted his kitty on him

Absolutely correct decision on Marshall - Otsemabor next please.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Considering he was valued in an excess of £2m last year I would say he is a massive loss but a terrible keeper.[/quote]A terrible keeper? What a ridiculous thing to say. While Marshall has made a few mistakes this season, he has also made numerous outstanding world class saves that have kept the scoreline from being embarrassing, kept us in games and also won us matches.The Birmingham home game springs to mind, we would have lost that 3 or 4-1 if not for several wonder saves by Marshall.On the whole i think he has been outstanding for us in the shot stopping department. Agreed sometimes his kicking and distribution hasnt been great, and he''s not the greatest at commanding his area and dealing with crosses/corners, but as far as shot stopping he is by far the best keeper i have seen in play for Norwich, and ive seen Green, Gunn and Woods.His weakpoints can be worked on, as he is young, so i believe he will be a great loss. To say he is terrible keeper is pure idiocy.

got to agree with barclayman in that marshall is a loss and its silly to dismiss him as terrible, but feel like he needed to go + we get money so its all good, but i dont think he is a better shot stopper then robert green tho

[quote user="valiant"]got to agree with barclayman in that marshall is a loss and its silly to dismiss him as terrible, but feel like he needed to go + we get money so its all good, but i dont think he is a better shot stopper then robert green tho[/quote]Glad someone agrees as Marshall does get a lot of stick on here, ive got to ''disagree'' with you tho, i definitely think Marshall is a better shot stopper than Green, but Greeno was far superior in the air dealing with crosses and corners, and overall is a better keeper. But when it comes to reaction saves and agility, Marshall is the best ive seen play for Norwich.

Marshall has made some god saves but the reality is he lost all willing to play for us, he was hounded by the crowd (which he has stated he heard behind him", i think it is time for him t move on, i personally think he will be replaced easily, i think his kicking was poor, his distribution was poor and he didnt cormand his area 3 major areas!!! yes he could shot stop, but in my mind thats what goal keepers do!!!! Any way Bye Bye Marshall im surewe will see you again some day!

hmmmm i don''t know when i think of green i see that save he made in the play off final...that was agility

[quote user="ryan85k"]

A financial loss yes, but I have said it once and I will say it again. We need to get rid of ALL of the passionless and talentless t*ssers.

Micheal Spillane

Chris Martin

Alan Lee

Cody McDonald

Darren Huckerby

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

Gary Doherty

Everybody else can p*ss off. Good start from the club, the sooner we get rid the better.

[/quote]

Clingan''s quite good no?

[quote user="valiant"]hmmmm i don''t know when i think of green i see that save he made in the play off final...that was agility[/quote]Yeh thats just one save mate, i can think if loads of agile fast reaction saves Marshall has made over the last couple of seasons, truly wonder saves that i couldnt believe he''s made. I dont remember so much of that with Green. Too many times with Marshall i remember being bewildered as how he''s managed to make the save.

probs cos its fresh in your mind lol....just jesting, your probs right but might be for the best that he''s gone mind

You are rather wearing rose coloured glasses re: Marshall, Barclayman, certainly for the season just past.  You are also forgetting just how good Green was, easily 2x or 3x the quality of Marshall - if you need any more convincing perhaps just look at where the guys are/have been plying their trade: Green is in the top half of the Prem, Marshall just helped relegate a Championship side. 

Of course Marshall made some good saves for us, but that was his job - the fact is that he did not make that many that any Championship keeper would be making - but he also screwed up more than most, so for me the balance sheet was definitely in the negative. 

Regarding the transfer fee, imo £400k for a keeper who played every game at a relegated club and let in 70+ goals is pretty good going.  Those who thought he''d be worth £1m+ are living in a very strange world.

*should read - the fact is that he did not make that any more than other Championship keepers would be making*

....need a damned edit button!

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Considering he was valued in an excess of £2m last year I would say he is a massive loss but a terrible keeper.[/quote]

A terrible keeper? What a ridiculous thing to say. While Marshall has made a few mistakes this season, he has also made numerous outstanding world class saves that have kept the scoreline from being embarrassing, kept us in games and also won us matches.

The Birmingham home game springs to mind, we would have lost that 3 or 4-1 if not for several wonder saves by Marshall.

On the whole i think he has been outstanding for us in the shot stopping department. Agreed sometimes his kicking and distribution hasnt been great, and he''s not the greatest at commanding his area and dealing with crosses/corners, but as far as shot stopping he is by far the best keeper i have seen in play for Norwich, and ive seen Green, Gunn and Woods.

His weakpoints can be worked on, as he is young, so i believe he will be a great loss. To say he is terrible keeper is pure idiocy.
[/quote]

Dont you dare ever mention any current or recent Norwich player in the same paragraph as the words ''world class'' again.

Good grief. Every keeper in the game has made a ''world class'' save. A ''world class'' keeper can catch a cross.

And you might have seen Gunn, Green and Woods play..... but you certainly dont remember seeing them.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Micheal Spillane

Chris Martin

Alan Lee

Cody McDonald

Darren Huckerby

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

Gary Doherty

[/quote] Clingan''s quite good no?[/quote]

Yes Clingan is excellent, but losing him on a bosman wouldnt be.

If he signed another years contract then of course I would have him, but I wouldnt keep him at the expense of a £1m transfer fee.

[quote user="valiant"]hmmmm i don''t know when i think of green i see that save he made in the play off final...that was agility[/quote]

And the save in the prem against spurs at white hart lane from timotee atoubou shot. One handed class!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Micheal Spillane

Chris Martin

Alan Lee

Cody McDonald

Darren Huckerby

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

Gary Doherty

If he signed another years contract then of course I would have him, but I wouldnt keep him at the expense of a £1m transfer fee.

[/quote]you know what, bugger the £1m transfer fee, keeping him is our best way out of this mess! Do you really think we''d be here in the first place if we''d kept Ashton a bit longer. There was no need to sell him and we did, stick with Clingan, we will not get a better replacement. We''re better than that, look at Peterboro, they kept their good players and went up. Clingan leaving is NOT the way forward, he would be a loss.

Marshall was a good championship keeper. A few mistakes but you can hardly blame our position on hiom can you :L

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Micheal Spillane

Chris Martin

Alan Lee

Cody McDonald

Darren Huckerby

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

Gary Doherty

[/quote]

you know what, bugger the £1m transfer fee, keeping him is our best way out of this mess! Do you really think we''d be here in the first place if we''d kept Ashton a bit longer. There was no need to sell him and we did, stick with Clingan, we will not get a better replacement. We''re better than that, look at Peterboro, they kept their good players and went up. Clingan leaving is NOT the way forward, he would be a loss.
[/quote]

Do I think we would be in this mess if we had kept Ashton longer? What a stupid statement. Yes I do, he was lethargic and generally pretty average and we were mid table when he left. Earnshaw came in and scored more goals and then ultimately left. Ashton was years ago and completely irrelevant.

I personally think that the way forward is having players that want to pull on the shirt, offer Clingan a one year extension and if he takes it then keep him. If he wants to take a Bosmon and deprive the club of money, then wave goodbye. Sammy Clingan isnt going to get us promoted alone mate, I would suggest that his transfer fee could probably sign us Alan Lee and Alan Gow.

[quote user="Soyaball"]Marshall was a good championship keeper. A few mistakes but you can hardly blame our position on hiom can you :L[/quote]

Who has even said that? If somebody has said that, then why not press the quote button?

He is one of many that are responsible for our relegation. Neil Doncaster, Roger Munby, Mark Fotheringham and David Marshall have gone already. Just about another 10 or 12 to go and we have cleansed the club of apathy and patheticness.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Micheal Spillane

Chris Martin??????

Alan Lee?????

Cody McDonald

Darren Huckerby???????

Korey Smith

Luke Daley

Jason Shackell (I can dream)???????

Gary Doherty

Everybody else can p*ss off SO CAN YOU ryan85k. Good start from the club, the sooner we get rid the better.

[/quote]

how??

We have to consider the financial side of this too. Unless there is a Knight in shining armour, we have to save between 3 and 7 million (estimates vary). £400,000 plus say, £300,000 in wages will account for between a tenth and a quarter of this.