Sign in to follow this  
The Great Canadian Canary

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM CANADA!!!

what part of canada are you from

going to south norfolk manitoba  next week  lots of city fans over there  after i explained the connection

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]

what part of canada are you from

going to south norfolk manitoba  next week  lots of city fans over there  after i explained the connection

[/quote]

Calgary, Alberta..........Canary fans are few an far between out here, the odd one is kicking about however.

Apparently, "the weather''s good there in the fall."

Was there a few years ago for a family reunion, but it was April and quite snowy.

A few Canary fans were gathered together there then.

Lovely country and Calgary was fine. I found Cochran a bit strange though.

[quote user="Canadian Canary"][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][/quote]

All the evidence I need. I`m emigrating!! [<:o)]

Well if you don’t mind the drive I bought my nephew in Moncton NB a home shirt the year we got promoted!

I am just waiting for my visa to come through and i shall be soon moving to Kingston, Ontario. Perhaps we should start a Canadian Canaries group! lol

Are heading to Treherene?  If so you need to go to L & J''s for a quick bite if it''s still there.  A few transplanted Norwich City supporters here in Winnipeg as well. 

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Well if you don’t mind the drive I bought my nephew in Moncton NB a home shirt the year we got promoted!

[/quote]

thats where my father in laws from, I was there last year, my wife is a Halifax NS girl!

[quote user="Rum ol boy"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

thats where my father in laws from, I was there last year, my wife is a Halifax NS girl!

[/quote]

Well there we go, my wife is a Moncton girl so some of us have done our bit to broaden the gene pool! 

Halifax is a great city, I watched Liverpools most recent Champions League final in a  pub in Halifax which was pretty surreal.  You can as I am sure you know get a  pint of IPA on draft from the local brewery, so I had several and it really is more British than most British cities these days

If it looked like we were going to get relegated at Portman Road a few weeks ago we were off on a  family break to visit the Outlaws just to escape, shame we didn’t go on reflection!

I lived in Toronto in 2007, Queen St and Bathurst, travelled coast to coast by train too. I had a great time EH, miss it so much!

A spud farmer eh?  Hopefully things dry up quickly and it''s a good year for you folks.  All the best!

ELF are you old enough to remember the central hotel treherne got burnt down in the 90s    was in there watching the stanley cup play offs  somebody came in said theres english soccer on channel whatever turned out to be ipswich in the 78 cup final  got them to turn it back to the hockey

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]ELF are you old enough to remember the central hotel treherne got burnt down in the 90s    was in there watching the stanley cup play offs  somebody came in said theres english soccer on channel whatever turned out to be ipswich in the 78 cup final  got them to turn it back to the hockey[/quote]Hey BC.  Not that I travel much on Highway 2 but I do remember something about the fire.  I''m surprised that the channel was even changed from the hockey playoffs when it was mentioned that footy was on the telly.  Even more surprising is the fact that the telly was able to pick up more than the CBC! [:D]  But then again, Hockey Night in Canada is all that matters come spring time.All the best mate!

[quote user="clacton_canary1"]I am just waiting for my visa to come through and i shall be soon moving to Kingston, Ontario. Perhaps we should start a Canadian Canaries group! lol[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone aware of a supporters group in Canada? If not, we should start one up....[B]

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Rum ol boy"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well there we go, my wife is a Moncton girl so some of us have done our bit to broaden the gene pool! 

Halifax is a great city, I watched Liverpools most recent Champions League final in a  pub in Halifax which was pretty surreal.  You can as I am sure you know get a  pint of IPA on draft from the local brewery, so I had several and it really is more British than most British cities these days

If it looked like we were going to get relegated at Portman Road a few weeks ago we were off on a  family break to visit the Outlaws just to escape, shame we didn’t go on reflection!

[/quote]

Halifax is a great city, theres some amazing history there. I love the Celtic culture there, especially in the bars.....if you go back you have to visit the Split Crow and the Lower Deck!!

New Brunswick is a beautiful province also, my father in law lives on a dairy farm out there just off the Great Hammond River