Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Marshall Fee...cut price!

So far, it appears that Cardiff have agreed a cut fee for Marshall, probably less than what we paid for him.

So we make a him a regular international goalkeeper and sell him from less than what we paid for him...and we let Joe Lewis go for £350,000.

This club is a joke!

Actually he''s only played for Scotland twice, in 2004, and only played in a B internatioanl last week-hardly makes him a regular international goalkeeper!

And how exactly does the Pink''un know this?

Exactly, it''s just guess work. They don''t know how much we paid for him or how much we''re actually selling him for*.

*plus there are likely to be extra clauses in the deal too.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]An undisclosed fee again no doubt. God I cant wait to get new owners. Please just sod off woman!
[/quote]

Blimey, any excuse to have a go!!!

Nearly all fees in football are undisclosed (probably about 90-95%) I''d say, so if your going to abuse our owners, you need a better reason than that.

marshall was in the paper last week saying that he would stay with us as it was down to the players that we will being playing in division one next season.

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]An undisclosed fee again no doubt. God I cant wait to get new owners. Please just sod off woman!
[/quote]

Nearly all fees in football are undisclosed (probably about 90-95%) I''d say, so if your going to abuse our owners, you need a better reason than that.

[/quote]

BAAAAA!!!!

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, how about being a set of useless c**nts who have dragged us to our lowest position in 50 years, that good enough for ya stevee?

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BAAAAA!!!!

[/quote]

Clever comment this Phat Canary, you must have thought about that little gem for a while. Someone (quite rightly) points out that we need actual *valid* reasons to have a go at the board, and gets called a sheep. Brilliant.

Hmmm, I wonder why some people are slightly reluctant to join your angry mob ..... ?

Considering David Marshall has been criticised most of the season by readers of this m/board for his inconsistent performances, and that he is about to enter the final year of his contract, anyone expecting us to recoup the original transfer fee will be bitterly disappointed. He has only got into the Scotland squad due to the stupidity of his peers rather than due to his abilities.

[quote user="ianboogie"]marshall was in the paper last week saying that he would stay with us as it was down to the players that we will being playing in division one next season.[/quote]

My understanding of his comments was more along the lines of "we''ve played so badly this season that nobody will want to buy us, so we''re stuck here" and if that''s his attitude then screw him. I did actually vote for the bloke as player of the season but after seeing him play in the last three games I''m glad he didn''t win, he''s a good shot stopper but flaps around like an epileptic crow at corners or crosses. He''ll never play regularly for Scotland , Gordon is a much better ''keeper. 

Give the No. 1 shirt to Rudd!!!!

[quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, how about being a set of useless c**nts who have dragged us to our lowest position in 50 years, that good enough for ya stevee?

[/quote]

Yea, that''s fair enough. It just annoys me when such petty/meaningless things are used against the board.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BAAAAA!!!!

[/quote]

Clever comment this Phat Canary, you must have thought about that little gem for a while. Someone (quite rightly) points out that we need actual *valid* reasons to have a go at the board, and gets called a sheep. Brilliant.

Hmmm, I wonder why some people are slightly reluctant to join your angry mob ..... ?

[/quote]

Cheers Mook. I''m glad you understood where i was coming from. I wasn''t defending the board, just stating that there is no need for such "facts" or whatever being used to have a go at the board when it happens all the time in football.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BAAAAA!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed it took me a long time[;)],we have a million reasons to have a go at the Cook and the undisclosed fee thing is just another way to tell us what they want!!! As for your last comment What angry mob do i have exactly,are you talking about the fans who want better things to happen at this club and who stand up for themselves? Not my mob,i think you''ll find they all have minds of their own!! 

Stevee,We are in league 1 because we are crap and all player sales for the past 4 or so years have been undisclosed! Except when we paid anywhere near a million for a player (Not often) They would then say that player sales (How much?) would go back to the player budget? Our signings would then be undisclosed (How much?)It was clear we were making money out of this as we were selling the likes of Earnshaw and Green and getting the likes of Strihavka, Cureton and others!That is my point they are a load of secretive spin merchants, however they have no idea how transparent they actually are!!So Stevee you really should open your eyes!

Fee, we needed some new Welsh linnen table cloths for the restaurant oh and they threw in some napkins as well.

Now theirs a deal for you boyo all crisp and new then!!

Many of you are still missing the point.

NEARLY ALL TRANSFERS IN FOOTBALL ARE UNDISCLOSED.

It''s just a fact of life (well, football). It''s got nothing to do with "secret spin" or "another way to tell us what they want" or "pocketing the money" (as some suggest) etc. Every club does it.

Presumably it''s the old ''release clause'' syndrome again??

Sometime ago I was told that Marshall had a ...''very aggressive agent'' who would almost certainly have insisted that such a clause go in the players contract with us.   

[quote user="NXCanary"]

[quote user="ianboogie"]marshall was in the paper last week saying that he would stay with us as it was down to the players that we will being playing in division one next season.[/quote]

My understanding of his comments was more along the lines of "we''ve played so badly this season that nobody will want to buy us, so we''re stuck here" and if that''s his attitude then screw him. I did actually vote for the bloke as player of the season but after seeing him play in the last three games I''m glad he didn''t win, he''s a good shot stopper but flaps around like an epileptic crow at corners or crosses. He''ll never play regularly for Scotland , Gordon is a much better ''keeper. 

Give the No. 1 shirt to Rudd!!!!

[/quote]

He''s only 24 which is young for a keeper, he has three or four more years in which to develop.

Well, if we get less than £750,000 for him, I would be disappointed. Yes, Marshall has his faults but equally he has his strengths.

it hasn''t taken the ambitious but prudent Dooooooooooooooooomster long has it. £600K is a figure I''ve seen mentioned which wouldn''t surprise me at all given our roll over and die mentality.

If you think any of that will go into the player budget you''re having a laugh!!

[quote user="crafty canary"]

it hasn''t taken the ambitious but prudent Dooooooooooooooooomster long has it. £600K is a figure I''ve seen mentioned which wouldn''t surprise me at all given our roll over and die mentality.

If you think any of that will go into the player budget you''re having a laugh!!

[/quote]You should write a song about it.Actually, maybe not.