Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Gunn, Butterworth, Crook.....

An impassioned plea, but a club of Norwich''s standing and size really does need a manager to match and this trio, though impeccable with their Canary credentials, fall well short in the experienced and able manager stakes.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Billabong Willytickle"]

They have my full support, ideally I would swap the roles to have Crook or Butterworth as manager with Gunn as an assistant, but otherwise there is no way that I would want them sacked.

So they are doing different jobs as to what you''d have them do, why is this? because Gunn simply isn''t a good enough manager?

I believe that Gunn would make a good member of the backroom staff, just like West Ham United, West Bromwich Albion and Bournemouth believe that Peter Grant is a good member of the backroom staff.

What the hell is the point in getting another manager in, with little money, and who would probably want to spend yet more money on releasing the coaching squad. For me the only people that I would want associated with this club as much as those three would be Huckerby and Dublin. We are talking about our best midfielder and one of our best defenders of the last 20 years, and certainly the best goalkeeper.

They were excellent players, not managers, I couldn''t give a monkeys if they were good players, they''ve proved in their 19 games that they are not good enough.

Yet they achieved a higher proportion of wins then Glen Roeder and Lee Clark, WITH THEIR SQUAD, despite Glen Roeder having managed in the premier league. This relegation is Glen Roeders, and us fans should never take that away from him.

Were talking about three players who couldnt have shown more passion for this football club during their careers and who are determined to get this club out of a mess. Whats the alternative? to get another plastic journeyman who has probably never even been to Norwich out of choice?

PLAYERS NOT MANGERS, there is a huge difference, passion for the club or someone with a proven track record of being an actual manager? I know what one I''d rather go for

Nigel Worthington, Mike Walker, Dave Stringer, Ken Brown. Four of this clubs most successful and popular ever managers. What ''Proven track record'' did they have? Worthington had an unsuccesful year at Blackpool, Walker had an unsuccessful year at Colchester, Dave Stringer had none, Ken Brown had none. We got two promotions, a league cup and a uefa cup run amongst them lot.

Lets look at our ''proven'' managers - Bruce Rioch? Jim Duffy? no thanks.

Today a former Scotland International goalkeeper has decided to sell a current Scottish International goalkeeper (well at least agreed to it, I suspect).  That a bold and brave decision, and one that im sure the management team did out of a belief that it was the right thing to do - and it was.

Hardly bold nor brave - he wanted to go we need the money - no brainer

We will never know.

Their only permanent signing since taking over has been Cody McDonald, who looks a real snip and a long term choice, and from all the loan signings this season - about 20? - the best two have come in Gunns Reign - Alan Lee and Jason Shackell.

Yep, as well as being the man that was head of player recruitment for all the other players brought in - yes I take your point with Cody though (you missed out on Gow who was ace too)

The man who was a glorified scout? The man who wanted to sign Alan Gow at the start of the season? Neil Doncaster negotiated the transfers, Roeder made the final decisions, for all you know those players could have been on Gunns Z list.

I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as.

They had a chance - it was half a season and they put us in a worse position than they started with

A chance to build a team with some passion? A chance to undo the mistakes of Grant and Roeder? Are you taking into consideration that over a season we would have been well clear of relegation with their record?

Three of the best city players of the last 20 years want to build us a team that has a level of passion to rival theirs. I cant argue with that, and neither should you. They have been honest, frank, committed and thats everything that Glen Roeder and Neil Doncaster havent been.

No one will argue with that but they were PLAYERS and in their job as manager / coaches THEY HAVE FAILED

No, they have BEEN FAILED. Been failed by the board, Doncaster and by the Players. By other peoples players. Passionless, talentless, arrogant players that are to Blame for tarnishing the names of three players that deserve better from so called fans, both on a personal level and a professional level.

They have spent £25,000 on transfers and now have to go into a pre season with probably nothing more than a few hundred thousand pounds, they have to rely on nothing but their judgement of character, Butterworths knowledge of league one and two, and Crooks charisma...... no money, simple as, no money.

Can''t argue with that, but anyone else who''s managed in the lower leagues would have the same thing and they''ve managed too!

They didnt spend it in the lower leagues did they? This was a matter of survival in the championship. £25,000 was all that they were given to attempt to survive in the championship.  If you think that most teams in League One get £25,000 then you are in a dream world. Joe Lewis to Peterborough 400k, Paul Hayes to Scunthorpe for 400k.  Players move amongst the Conference for up to 50k a time. Teams in the Ryman League have spent upto 8k on a player.

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past. People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future? Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. 

Why would you pick these people above other people that have proved in the past that they can actually do the job? Because they were once good players? Good grief

Who has proven that they can do the Norwich job? at the minute it is one of the hardest jobs in the country, nobody has proven that they can do the Norwich job since Nigel Worthington. AND HE WAS BACKED WITH THE MONEY AND TIME.

Other people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

Answered your own question - BECAUSE HE DID WELL AT ROTHERHAM AS A FRICKIN MANAGER - that''s the diferance

Mark Robins may have been popular with the fans at Norwich, but he wasnt popular as a player. Why dont you go and ask Mike Walker and John Deehan what they think about him. And do you think he would sack Crook, Butterworth and Gunn? He would sack Deehan for obvious reasons. But I dont think he would sack the others.

Have faith in these winners. Yes thats right, those three are winners. With no Neil Doncaster (who i must add NEGOTIATED THE CONTRACTS), surely those three can be left alone to do what they do best - on the training ground.

Good lord, have faith in winners - why don''t we get Glenn Hoddle or Paul Ince then? They won stuff

The fact that you even mentioned Glenn Hoddle on a Norwich City forum just goes to show how much of an idiot you are. Why dont we ban the disabled section whilst we are at it, and get Eileen Drewery in to help the players find their inner souls. And yes, lets get Paul Ince, a manager that has already walked out on two clubs to fulfill his short term personal ambitions and then messed it up at Blackburn. Where he then blamed ''being an ex Manchester United player'' whilst half of that Manchester United squad are in management. I dont want either of those muppets at this club. Anybody that signs Robbie Fowler for a premiership team on 20k per week is a fool. Do you think that Paul Ince would have had success at MK Dons with a 25k transfer budget?

Come on city. We are Norwich City, we should be proud to be Norwich city, like our management team are proud to be Norwich City. You, me, everybody else on here, can still honestly say that they are proud to be a Norwich City fan. More than a fan, you are part of Norwich City and Norwich City is part of you. No other colours will ever make me, or you, feel this emotion.

I''m not proud of the management team I feel incredibly patronised at their very appointment

Can you not read? I never told you to be proud of your management team. Why dont you re-read the section or get your glasses on.

Lets keep our chins high, keep our principles for passionate attractive football - AT ANY LEVEL - and fight back. We are the club, its just as much our responsible as it is Gunns, Crooks and Butterworths to fight back.

That really isnt true though is it? If that was the case, there would be NO WAY Otsemabor would have been playing week in week out had I had my way

Yet again, Not Gunns player, you are proving my case completely.

Stand your ground and fight.

I just have [:)]

OTBC.

[/quote]

Superb!

[/quote]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

ryan85k posted "I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as."

First of al ryan85k a very well put together post but i have to take you up on the above statement,Did they not have 19 games to turn the season round? Would you class relegation as failure by the management team? Have they not had their chance? I just think we need a manager who is an actual manager and a guy like Peter Taylor at Wycombe would fit the bill and in all honesty i would take Paul Ince over Gunn any day.Lets hope we get the right man for once and the club gets dragged of it''s backside and gets back into the Championship ASAP!

[/quote]

I would class relegation from a management team with a transfer budget and the opportunity and time to build a capable squad as a failure yes. I do not regard a manager getting a Glen Roeder squad as a failure, no.  As for Peter Taylor, he can stay away, 13 jobs in 16 years? That doesnt sound like a massively successful manager. And any team with Junior Lewis playing it in is automatically weakened seriously.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

They have my full support, ideally I would swap the roles to have Crook or Butterworth as manager with Gunn as an assistant, but otherwise there is no way that I would want them sacked.

What the hell is the point in getting another manager in, with little money, and who would probably want to spend yet more money on releasing the coaching squad. For me the only people that I would want associated with this club as much as those three would be Huckerby and Dublin. We are talking about our best midfielder and one of our best defenders of the last 20 years, and certainly the best goalkeeper.

What I want is the best manager;  rarely do good players make good managers; let alone good players for your own club.  Gunn & co showed that they do not have the ability to pick a team to win games, to motivate their team or to make changes when things were clearly not working

Were talking about three players who couldnt have shown more passion for this football club during their careers and who are determined to get this club out of a mess. Whats the alternative? to get another plastic journeyman who has probably never even been to Norwich out of choice?

There are good options out there that would be an excellent investment;  who can bring players one and build a team.  A good manager brings the best out of mediocre players making them better than their individual parts - thats what happened with our promotion team. 

Today a former Scotland International goalkeeper has decided to sell a current Scottish International goalkeeper (well at least agreed to it, I suspect).  That a bold and brave decision, and one that im sure the management team did out of a belief that it was the right thing to do - and it was.

It was a no brainer decision;  good cash in for a position where we can get a decent enough cover in on far cheaper wages and use the released wages and transfer fee to strengthen the core outfield positions that we are weak in - central midfield,  right back and forwards

Their only permanent signing since taking over has been Cody McDonald, who looks a real snip and a long term choice, and from all the loan signings this season - about 20? - the best two have come in Gunns Reign - Alan Lee and Jason Shackell.

Not Leroy Lita then???  Cody was spotted not by our manager but by Deehan.  The current management team also brought back Jamie, along with Killen, Carney etc.  And the introduction of Lee disrupted a highly threatening strike partnership from which we failed to recover or score further goals. 

I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as.

Three of the best city players of the last 20 years want to build us a team that has a level of passion to rival theirs. I cant argue with that, and neither should you. They have been honest, frank, committed and thats everything that Glen Roeder and Neil Doncaster havent been.

So what do we want?  A team full of Andy Hughes?  Full of passion but no idea about how to coach, motivate,  change, bring tactical awareness, develop and bond as a team a new squad?  Passion without ability - I have that too you  know..

They have spent £25,000 on transfers and now have to go into a pre season with probably nothing more than a few hundred thousand pounds, they have to rely on nothing but their judgement of character, Butterworths knowledge of league one and two, and Crooks charisma...... no money, simple as, no money.

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past. People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future? Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. 

Other people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

Have faith in these winners. Yes thats right, those three are winners. With no Neil Doncaster (who i must add NEGOTIATED THE CONTRACTS), surely those three can be left alone to do what they do best - on the training ground.

Come on city. We are Norwich City, we should be proud to be Norwich city, like our management team are proud to be Norwich City. You, me, everybody else on here, can still honestly say that they are proud to be a Norwich City fan. More than a fan, you are part of Norwich City and Norwich City is part of you. No other colours will ever make me, or you, feel this emotion.

Lets keep our chins high, keep our principles for passionate attractive football - AT ANY LEVEL - and fight back. We are the club, its just as much our responsible as it is Gunns, Crooks and Butterworths to fight back.

OTBC.

[/quote]

We lost our relegation battle on the pitch;  once Gunn took over we performed worse with his selection of players than teams below us; his management team failed to chose winning teams, deconstructed teams that were winning to accomodate their signings,  made outcast of a couple of options when we had prescious few players,  motivate players or change tactics when it was clear the original plan was failing (reading as a prime example)

Robins has a coaching pedigree and has shown managerial ability far in excess of anything our management trio has.  Gunn has no coaching credentials and demonstrated passion but extremely limited management potential.  One is a true winner as a manager - the others last 6 league games mirrors that of Roeders - 5 defeats.

I have long said the boards biggest ever mistake would be to retain Gunn as manager.  I am seriously worried that people saw anything in the 19 games in charge that demonstrated any long term ability to successfully take this club forward.  He started with a bang and went out with a wimper.

His change is more important that the departure of the board or todays announcement re Doncaster.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

ryan85k posted "I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as."

First of al ryan85k a very well put together post but i have to take you up on the above statement,Did they not have 19 games to turn the season round? Would you class relegation as failure by the management team? Have they not had their chance? I just think we need a manager who is an actual manager and a guy like Peter Taylor at Wycombe would fit the bill and in all honesty i would take Paul Ince over Gunn any day.Lets hope we get the right man for once and the club gets dragged of it''s backside and gets back into the Championship ASAP!

[/quote]

I would class relegation from a management team with a transfer budget and the opportunity and time to build a capable squad as a failure yes. I do not regard a manager getting a Glen Roeder squad as a failure, no.  As for Peter Taylor, he can stay away, 13 jobs in 16 years? That doesnt sound like a massively successful manager. And any team with Junior Lewis playing it in is automatically weakened seriously.

[/quote]

Come to think of it Taylor has done a pi** poor job at Wycombe this season hasn''t he?[:|] Taylor would give us more chance of promotion  than Gunn!!! To be honest 99% of the names mentioned over the past few days would do a better job than Gunn!! Did you go to the last few home games? We had no formation and players playing out of position,also in the 60th minute when 25000 fans could see that a sub was needed the management team did sweat FA untill the 80th minute!!!

[quote user="No Quarter"]ryan85k
You keep going ryan, you''re fighting the cause against the "usual posters" way better than I did.  Just hope nobody tells you to "go slit your throat" or calls you a "c##t" like they did me!!  Go on son!!
[/quote]

Im glad that there is somebody else with some common sense. Im sure there are others lurking that just dont want to put up with the petulance of First Wizard and his little band of snivelling and snortelling pessimists.

I knew when I posted this to expect the same old "oh look influenced by the board" cr*p.  Most of those that state that same old line are themselves influenced by First Wizard, Arthur Whittle, and Smudger with the same old ''my opinion or no opinion'' ways. 

City till I die, Gunn or no Gunn, Huckerby or no Huckerby, Delia or no Delia, Premiership or Conference. I have been raised a City fan and will die a City fan, I have to face that fact, it is part of my mind, part of my soul, part of my blood.

I dont want to be negative or bitter about any aspect of my life, and that includes my football club.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come to think of it Taylor has done a pi** poor job at Wycombe this season hasn''t he?[:|] Taylor would give us more chance of promotion  than Gunn!!! To be honest 99% of the names mentioned over the past few days would do a better job than Gunn!! Did you go to the last few home games? We had no formation and players playing out of position,also in the 60th minute when 25000 fans could see that a sub was needed the management team did sweat FA untill the 80th minute!!!

[/quote]

Look as I have clearly stated throughout this thread, I dont want Gunn in charge because of his indicisiveness. Thats why I want Butterworth or Crook making those crucial final decisions on the touchline, and Gunn utilising his other abilities as a support.  I have stated that several times.

Yes Peter Taylor has done a fantastic job at Wycombe. But what about Crystal Palace where he was sacked with them just outside the relegation zone? He did well at Leicester where he spent £23m in one season and finished 13th? and then got sacked the following season with them bottom of the league?

Peter Taylor has some very good achievements on his CV, but he also has some very bad ones. Glen Roeder did a good job at Newcastle and in his first season at West Ham. Didnt do much for us though did he?

13 clubs in 16 years says all that you need to know about Peter Taylor. If he isnt unsuccessful he is still disloyal. A journeyman. Do we need a manager for 12 months? Because I believe that any appointment, whether Crook or Butterworth or even Gunn, whoever it is, should be somebody that we expect to keep for 5 years.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

You keep going ryan, you''re fighting the cause against the "usual posters" way better than I did.  Just hope nobody tells you to "go slit your throat" or calls you a "c##t" like they did me!!  Go on son!!
[/quote]

Im glad that there is somebody else with some common sense. Im sure there are others lurking that just dont want to put up with the petulance of First Wizard and his little band of snivelling and snortelling pessimists.

I knew when I posted this to expect the same old "oh look influenced by the board" cr*p.  Most of those that state that same old line are themselves influenced by First Wizard, Arthur Whittle, and Smudger with the same old ''my opinion or no opinion'' ways. 

City till I die, Gunn or no Gunn, Huckerby or no Huckerby, Delia or no Delia, Premiership or Conference. I have been raised a City fan and will die a City fan, I have to face that fact, it is part of my mind, part of my soul, part of my blood.

I dont want to be negative or bitter about any aspect of my life, and that includes my football club.

[/quote]

You support the same team as me,the thing is you seem accept failure as a given,WHY?,you ,me and every fan out there deserves better and like you if we were in the non league footy i would still support them but that doesn''t mean i want to watch them fall that low,and if i can help do something about it then i will!!

And by the way not one person on this board will influence what i post and name calling takes away from your argument!!!

Who is to be manager is a total irrelevance right now......

There are bigger fish to fry....and the threesome mentioned aren''t what we will need in League One (Division 3).

Pass and move my arse... it''s gonna be kick and run and so we will need a kick and run specialist........

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ryan85k"]

What I want is the best manager;  rarely do good players make good managers; let alone good players for your own club.  Gunn & co showed that they do not have the ability to pick a team to win games, to motivate their team or to make changes when things were clearly not working

Thats all well and good, but you offer no opinion as to who the ''best manager'' would be. I would say that Alex Ferguson is probably the countries best manager and we arent going to get him, who is this amazing manager that you speak of?

There are good options out there that would be an excellent investment;  who can bring players one and build a team.  A good manager brings the best out of mediocre players making them better than their individual parts - thats what happened with our promotion team. 

Sound like Martin O''Neill to me, but the chances of us getting a Martin O''Neill are almost zero. Unless of course, like I have already stated, you are prepared to make a suggestion instead of speaking hypothetically.

It was a no brainer decision;  good cash in for a position where we can get a decent enough cover in on far cheaper wages and use the released wages and transfer fee to strengthen the core outfield positions that we are weak in - central midfield,  right back and forwards

Yes but it was still a decision made by Gunn. You are talking about getting another manager in, wouldnt this wonder manager you speak of want to decide who he plays in goal and who he signs for right back, up front and in centre midfield?

Not Leroy Lita then???  Cody was spotted not by our manager but by Deehan.  The current management team also brought back Jamie, along with Killen, Carney etc.  And the introduction of Lee disrupted a highly threatening strike partnership from which we failed to recover or score further goals. 

The Leroy Lita that was funded by Carl Moore? Do you have any reason to suggest that Gunn could have signed a £25,000 a week player? I dont think any manager could have been given that kind of money and signed the wrong player.

So what do we want?  A team full of Andy Hughes?  Full of passion but no idea about how to coach, motivate,  change, bring tactical awareness, develop and bond as a team a new squad?  Passion without ability - I have that too you  know..

I would sooner have a team full of Andy Hughes then a team full of Fotheringham''s and Omnuszi''s..... yes. He didnt exactly do wrong for Leeds did he.

OTBC.

[/quote]

We lost our relegation battle on the pitch;  once Gunn took over we performed worse with his selection of players than teams below us; his management team failed to chose winning teams, deconstructed teams that were winning to accomodate their signings,  made outcast of a couple of options when we had prescious few players,  motivate players or change tactics when it was clear the original plan was failing (reading as a prime example)

Robins has a coaching pedigree and has shown managerial ability far in excess of anything our management trio has.  Gunn has no coaching credentials and demonstrated passion but extremely limited management potential.  One is a true winner as a manager - the others last 6 league games mirrors that of Roeders - 5 defeats.

I have long said the boards biggest ever mistake would be to retain Gunn as manager.  I am seriously worried that people saw anything in the 19 games in charge that demonstrated any long term ability to successfully take this club forward.  He started with a bang and went out with a wimper.

His change is more important that the departure of the board or todays announcement re Doncaster.

[/quote]

[quote user="Cluck Gonecaster"]

There are bigger fish to fry....and the threesome mentioned aren''t what we will need in League One (Division 3).

Pass and move my arse... it''s gonna be kick and run and so we will need a kick and run specialist........

[/quote]

How is the appointment of the new manager irrelevant? Its a huge part of where we go next season!! Who is your kick and run specialist then Cluck?

[quote user="Billabong Willytickle"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history , appointed for no other reason than he might get a few more people to buy season tickets ,  time to go back to being Mr Oddjob Gunn or the support will be split from the first game next season.
[/quote]

Ridiculous statement, worst manager in the clubs history according to who?

Because according to the statistics, Gunny is already better than Roeder, Hamilton, Megson, Deehan......

He is being judged on Glen Roeders squad for christs sake.

It doesnt matter if you are Jose Mourinho or Mike Bassett, nobody had a chance with that team of wasters.

Why cant you see that it was the team, yeah blame the board, Doncaster and Roeder, but dont blame the person that was brave enough to try and pick up the pieces.

[/quote]

your whole argument seems founded on the notion that because they were great players and care about the club the should be able to manage the club which they failed at last year.

I just cant see the logic in it
[/quote]

Actually that post was defending Gunn against an unfounded statement which is proven wrong by statistics.

Im supporting Gunn because his decision so far have been positive ones and I have a belief that he is the right man for the job. Releasing Fozzy, Eagle, selling Marshall and signing Cody..... as well as giving Spillane a new contract....he has been at the club for just 10 days of a transfer window.

And for me those five actions have been positive steps towards sustainability.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Thats all well and good, but you offer no opinion as to who the ''best manager'' would be. I would say that Alex Ferguson is probably the countries best manager and we arent going to get him, who is this amazing manager that you speak of?

Sound like Martin O''Neill to me, but the chances of us getting a Martin O''Neill are almost zero. Unless of course, like I have already stated, you are prepared to make a suggestion instead of speaking hypothetically.

Yes but it was still a decision made by Gunn. You are talking about getting another manager in, wouldnt this wonder manager you speak of want to decide who he plays in goal and who he signs for right back, up front and in centre midfield?

The Leroy Lita that was funded by Carl Moore? Do you have any reason to suggest that Gunn could have signed a £25,000 a week player? I dont think any manager could have been given that kind of money and signed the wrong player.

I would sooner have a team full of Andy Hughes then a team full of Fotheringham''s and Omnuszi''s..... yes. He didnt exactly do wrong for Leeds did he.

OTBC.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT BRINGING JAMIE CURETON BACK WAS THE WRONG DECISION, THEN I AM CLEARLY TALKING TO A LUNATIC AND WILL HAVE NO FURTHER DISCUSSION WITH YOU. PLEASE DONT BOTHER RESPONDING.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You support the same team as me,the thing is you seem accept failure as a given,WHY?,you ,me and every fan out there deserves better and like you if we were in the non league footy i would still support them but that doesn''t mean i want to watch them fall that low,and if i can help do something about it then i will!!

And by the way not one person on this board will influence what i post and name calling takes away from your argument!!!

[/quote]

I have accepted failure as something that has already happened, and needs to be rectified.

We have failed, now we need to take the steps to build for the future. Gunns actions have been positive. Releasing Fozzy and Eagle, selling Marshall, giving Spillane a two year deal, signing Cody McDonald, recalling Cureton from loan at Barnsley, signing Shackell back and finding Alan Lee have all been very positive steps for me. As well as stating that he would have Huckerby back.

In my opinion those steps were not enough to undo the damage caused by Roeder and Grant, but they are the most positive things I have seen out of this football club for a long time.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ryan85k"]

OTBC.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT BRINGING JAMIE CURETON BACK WAS THE WRONG DECISION, THEN I AM CLEARLY TALKING TO A LUNATIC AND WILL HAVE NO FURTHER DISCUSSION WITH YOU. PLEASE DONT BOTHER RESPONDING.

[/quote]

Bringing him back was a good decision. Playing him was a dreadful decision!!!!!!

I can''t believe there are people who actually have convinced themselves that Gunn is the answer after his obvious inability last season

I''m sorry but I don''t want any of the 3 to be the next manager although I''m quite happy to have Crook as our coach as thats where his experience lies.

I think we need to stop thinking with our hearts and hope that we get an outsider in who has experience in League 1, experience of working with no money and experience of bringing the kids through.

That to me says Tilson, Robins or someone in that mould.

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ryan85k"]

OTBC.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

Bringing him back was a good decision. Playing him was a dreadful decision!!!!!!

I can''t believe there are people who actually have convinced themselves that Gunn is the answer after his obvious inability last season

[/quote]

For the twentieth time in this thread, I am calling for Crook or Butterworth with Gunn in the backroom, because of Gunns indicisiveness on the touchline.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m sorry but I don''t want any of the 3 to be the next manager although I''m quite happy to have Crook as our coach as thats where his experience lies.

I think we need to stop thinking with our hearts and hope that we get an outsider in who has experience in League 1, experience of working with no money and experience of bringing the kids through.

That to me says Tilson, Robins or someone in that mould.

[/quote]

Although I wouldnt object to either Tilson or Robins, I would just like to point out that Ian Crook has 4 years of management experience and 6 years as assistant manager, this is his first job as an actual coach.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ryan85k"]

OTBC.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For the twentieth time in this thread, I am calling for Crook or Butterworth with Gunn in the backroom, because of Gunns indicisiveness on the touchline.

[/quote]

How do you know Crook wouldn''t be as indecisive? And as for Butterworth coming out with the statement about how hard it''s going to be and other negative comments, that''s not good man management (already putting doubts in player''s minds about their ability to get promoted).

I''d leave all of them. New manager please, Ince would be my choice (don''t think he''d come here though).

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Cluck Gonecaster"]

[/quote]

How is the appointment of the new manager irrelevant? Its a huge part of where we go next season!! Who is your kick and run specialist then Cluck?

[/quote]

Far too early to worry about a new manager.

Appoint anyone now and if a new owner comes in and wants to make changes there will be severance pay for him and his "backroom staff".....

As for "who". I reckon Laurie Sanchez would be a classic lower league scrapper and with poor playing surfaces the long ball will be the way forward. John Beck would be another possible.

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ryan85k"]

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past. People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future? Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. Other people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

OTBC.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know Crook wouldn''t be as indecisive? And as for Butterworth coming out with the statement about how hard it''s going to be and other negative comments, that''s not good man management (already putting doubts in player''s minds about their ability to get promoted).

I''d leave all of them. New manager please, Ince would be my choice (don''t think he''d come here though).

[/quote]Shiite we''ve only one player left.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="No Quarter"]ryan85k You keep going ryan, you''re fighting the cause against the "usual posters" way better than I did.  Just hope nobody tells you to "go slit your throat" or calls you a "c##t" like they did me!!  Go on son!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have accepted failure as something that has already happened, and needs to be rectified.

We have failed, now we need to take the steps to build for the future. Gunns actions have been positive. Releasing Fozzy and Eagle, selling Marshall, giving Spillane a two year deal, signing Cody McDonald, recalling Cureton from loan at Barnsley, signing Shackell back and finding Alan Lee have all been very positive steps for me. As well as stating that he would have Huckerby back.

In my opinion those steps were not enough to undo the damage caused by Roeder and Grant, but they are the most positive things I have seen out of this football club for a long time.

[/quote]

Ryan have you actually been watching different games???  Of course you can stand with ya little Gunn flag, the facts speak louder then blind  suppport!!!

HAPPY WAVING !!!!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ryan have you actually been watching different games???  Of course you can stand with ya little Gunn flag, the facts speak louder then blind  suppport!!!

HAPPY WAVING !!!!!

[/quote]

F*ck off you patronising t*sser.  I have said about 6 times in this one thread alone that I would prefer Gunn in the backroom, if you cant be bothered to read the thread, then dont comment on it.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

HAPPY WAVING !!!!!

[/quote]

F*ck off you patronising t*sser.  I have said about 6 times in this one thread alone that I would prefer Gunn in the backroom, if you cant be bothered to read the thread, then dont comment on it.

[/quote]

That kind of toilet language proves you''re losing the arguement...........and you know it.[:|]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Only at little Norwich would the fans want to keep the managerial flops that relegated us , would rather have Roeder back than the lame duck that is Bryan (i can keep us up )Gunn .
[/quote]

both john bond and ken brown had a relegation but bounced back next time straight away.

maybe move gunny upstairs to chairman or director of football, he has done nearly every other job