Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Gunn, Butterworth, Crook.....

They have my full support, ideally I would swap the roles to have Crook or Butterworth as manager with Gunn as an assistant, but otherwise there is no way that I would want them sacked.

What the hell is the point in getting another manager in, with little money, and who would probably want to spend yet more money on releasing the coaching squad. For me the only people that I would want associated with this club as much as those three would be Huckerby and Dublin. We are talking about our best midfielder and one of our best defenders of the last 20 years, and certainly the best goalkeeper.

Were talking about three players who couldnt have shown more passion for this football club during their careers and who are determined to get this club out of a mess. Whats the alternative? to get another plastic journeyman who has probably never even been to Norwich out of choice?

Today a former Scotland International goalkeeper has decided to sell a current Scottish International goalkeeper (well at least agreed to it, I suspect).  That a bold and brave decision, and one that im sure the management team did out of a belief that it was the right thing to do - and it was.

Their only permanent signing since taking over has been Cody McDonald, who looks a real snip and a long term choice, and from all the loan signings this season - about 20? - the best two have come in Gunns Reign - Alan Lee and Jason Shackell.

I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as.

Three of the best city players of the last 20 years want to build us a team that has a level of passion to rival theirs. I cant argue with that, and neither should you. They have been honest, frank, committed and thats everything that Glen Roeder and Neil Doncaster havent been.

They have spent £25,000 on transfers and now have to go into a pre season with probably nothing more than a few hundred thousand pounds, they have to rely on nothing but their judgement of character, Butterworths knowledge of league one and two, and Crooks charisma...... no money, simple as, no money.

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past. People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future? Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. 

Other people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

Have faith in these winners. Yes thats right, those three are winners. With no Neil Doncaster (who i must add NEGOTIATED THE CONTRACTS), surely those three can be left alone to do what they do best - on the training ground.

Come on city. We are Norwich City, we should be proud to be Norwich city, like our management team are proud to be Norwich City. You, me, everybody else on here, can still honestly say that they are proud to be a Norwich City fan. More than a fan, you are part of Norwich City and Norwich City is part of you. No other colours will ever make me, or you, feel this emotion.

Lets keep our chins high, keep our principles for passionate attractive football - AT ANY LEVEL - and fight back. We are the club, its just as much our responsible as it is Gunns, Crooks and Butterworths to fight back.

Stand your ground and fight.

OTBC.

effing brilliant post! At last a bit of savvy and sanity. Well done

Butterworth and Crook possibly. I have always thought that Butterworth was the man for next season whatever happened. But where does that leave Gunn?

If Gunn isn''t cut out to be manager then why is he cut out to be the Number 2? I just can''t see that he brings anything to the table bar history and sentiment.

They have my full support, ideally I would swap the roles to have

Crook or Butterworth as manager with Gunn as an assistant, but

otherwise there is no way that I would want them sacked.

So they are doing different jobs as to what you''d have them do, why is this? because Gunn simply isn''t a good enough manager?

What the hell is the point in getting another manager in, with

little money, and who would probably want to spend yet more money on

releasing the coaching squad. For me the only people that I would want

associated with this club as much as those three would be Huckerby and

Dublin. We are talking about our best midfielder and one of our best

defenders of the last 20 years, and certainly the best goalkeeper.

They were excellent players, not managers, I couldn''t give a monkeys if they were good players, they''ve proved in their 19 games that they are not good enough.

Were talking about three players who couldnt have shown more passion

for this football club during their careers and who are determined to

get this club out of a mess. Whats the alternative? to get another

plastic journeyman who has probably never even been to Norwich out of

choice?

PLAYERS NOT MANGERS, there is a huge difference, passion for the club or someone with a proven track record of being an actual manager? I know what one I''d rather go for

Today a former Scotland International goalkeeper has decided to sell

a current Scottish International goalkeeper (well at least agreed to

it, I suspect).  That a bold and brave decision, and one that im sure

the management team did out of a belief that it was the right thing to

do - and it was.

Hardly bold nor brave - he wanted to go we need the money - no brainer

Their only permanent signing since taking over has been Cody

McDonald, who looks a real snip and a long term choice, and from all

the loan signings this season - about 20? - the best two have come in

Gunns Reign - Alan Lee and Jason Shackell.

Yep, as well as being the man that was head of player recruitment for all the other players brought in - yes I take your point with Cody though (you missed out on Gow who was ace too)

I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you

lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a

chance, they have no chance - its as simple as.

They had a chance - it was half a season and they put us in a worse position than they started with

Three of the best city players of the last 20 years want to build us

a team that has a level of passion to rival theirs. I cant argue with

that, and neither should you. They have been honest, frank, committed

and thats everything that Glen Roeder and Neil Doncaster havent been.

No one will argue with that but they were PLAYERS and in their job as manager / coaches THEY HAVE FAILED

They have spent £25,000 on transfers and now have to go into a pre

season with probably nothing more than a few hundred thousand pounds,

they have to rely on nothing but their judgement of character,

Butterworths knowledge of league one and two, and Crooks charisma......

no money, simple as, no money.

Can''t argue with that, but anyone else who''s managed in the lower leagues would have the same thing and they''ve managed too!

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it

would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past.

People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is

he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future?

Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for

a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. 

Why would you pick these people above other people that have proved in the past that they can actually do the job? Because they were once good players? Good griefOther

people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference

between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was

here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just

another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark

Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the

mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

Answered your own question - BECAUSE HE DID WELL AT ROTHERHAM AS A FRICKIN MANAGER - that''s the diferance

Have faith in these winners. Yes thats right, those three are

winners. With no Neil Doncaster (who i must add NEGOTIATED THE

CONTRACTS), surely those three can be left alone to do what they do

best - on the training ground.

Good lord, have faith in winners - why don''t we get Glenn Hoddle or Paul Ince then? They won stuff

Come on city. We are Norwich City, we should be proud to be Norwich

city, like our management team are proud to be Norwich City. You, me,

everybody else on here, can still honestly say that they are proud to

be a Norwich City fan. More than a fan, you are part of Norwich City

and Norwich City is part of you. No other colours will ever make me, or

you, feel this emotion.

I''m not proud of the management team I feel incredibly patronised at their very appointment

Lets keep our chins high, keep our principles for passionate

attractive football - AT ANY LEVEL - and fight back. We are the club,

its just as much our responsible as it is Gunns, Crooks and

Butterworths to fight back.

That really isnt true though is it? If that was the case, there would be NO WAY Otsemabor would have been playing week in week out had I had my way

I just have [:)]

OTBC.

Only at little Norwich would the fans want to keep the managerial flops that relegated us , would rather have Roeder back than the lame duck that is Bryan (i can keep us up )Gunn .

[quote user="First Wizard"]Oh deary dear, no wonder City fail with blinkered fans like ryan about.[/quote]''

First Wizard you are nothing but a career pessimist, I have never once read anything that has convinced me that you are proud of your city, your football club or your country.

For the record, I have wanted Doncaster out for years.

There is nothing more that I can more proud about then knowing that my veins run yellow and green.

Y''army, Y''army, Y''army, Y''army

[quote user="No Quarter"]Hooray!!!  Somone saying what I''ve been saying, but saying it better!!!  Good post OP!![/quote]hear hear, about time someone on here talked some sense as No Quarter said exactly what i have been saying but in a much more coherent way

[quote user="Posh Yella"]

If Gunn isn''t cut out to be manager then why is he cut out to be the Number 2? I just can''t see that he brings anything to the table bar history and sentiment.

[/quote]

It is Gunn that makes the decisions. Some of his decisions havent been the greatest, tactically. I believe thats were Crook and Butterworth are stronger than him. Gunn is perfect for the backroom in the same way that Peter Grant is perfect for the backroom.

The acceptance of mediocrity reaches ever more floundering levels.........sometimes I really think we deserve to be a League One club.

When will people learn. It''s not passion and commitment that makes you a good manager, it''s not even whether they were great players when they played for us in the past, its about results on the pitch. Gunn failed this season and we can''t risk him failing again next season.We need to start appointing managers with a track record of success. Gannon, Tilson and Robins are far superior managers based not on passion and commitment but on their ability to build a successful team and motivate them to win football games.That''s what has been lacking in our previous managerial appointments - a track record of success. It''s now time for the club to appoint someone who has shown in the past they can create a football team that wins games.

ryan85k posted "I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as."

First of al ryan85k a very well put together post but i have to take you up on the above statement,Did they not have 19 games to turn the season round? Would you class relegation as failure by the management team? Have they not had their chance? I just think we need a manager who is an actual manager and a guy like Peter Taylor at Wycombe would fit the bill and in all honesty i would take Paul Ince over Gunn any day.Lets hope we get the right man for once and the club gets dragged of it''s backside and gets back into the Championship ASAP!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Crook recomended Killen and Carney..................I rest my case.[/quote]

We were linked to Chris Killen about two years before Crook landed back in England...... But I will never rest my case.

[quote user="Billabong Willytickle"]

They have my full support, ideally I would swap the roles to have Crook or Butterworth as manager with Gunn as an assistant, but otherwise there is no way that I would want them sacked.

So they are doing different jobs as to what you''d have them do, why is this? because Gunn simply isn''t a good enough manager?

What the hell is the point in getting another manager in, with little money, and who would probably want to spend yet more money on releasing the coaching squad. For me the only people that I would want associated with this club as much as those three would be Huckerby and Dublin. We are talking about our best midfielder and one of our best defenders of the last 20 years, and certainly the best goalkeeper.

They were excellent players, not managers, I couldn''t give a monkeys if they were good players, they''ve proved in their 19 games that they are not good enough.

Were talking about three players who couldnt have shown more passion for this football club during their careers and who are determined to get this club out of a mess. Whats the alternative? to get another plastic journeyman who has probably never even been to Norwich out of choice?

PLAYERS NOT MANGERS, there is a huge difference, passion for the club or someone with a proven track record of being an actual manager? I know what one I''d rather go for

Today a former Scotland International goalkeeper has decided to sell a current Scottish International goalkeeper (well at least agreed to it, I suspect).  That a bold and brave decision, and one that im sure the management team did out of a belief that it was the right thing to do - and it was.

Hardly bold nor brave - he wanted to go we need the money - no brainer

Their only permanent signing since taking over has been Cody McDonald, who looks a real snip and a long term choice, and from all the loan signings this season - about 20? - the best two have come in Gunns Reign - Alan Lee and Jason Shackell.

Yep, as well as being the man that was head of player recruitment for all the other players brought in - yes I take your point with Cody though (you missed out on Gow who was ace too)

I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as.

They had a chance - it was half a season and they put us in a worse position than they started with

Three of the best city players of the last 20 years want to build us a team that has a level of passion to rival theirs. I cant argue with that, and neither should you. They have been honest, frank, committed and thats everything that Glen Roeder and Neil Doncaster havent been.

No one will argue with that but they were PLAYERS and in their job as manager / coaches THEY HAVE FAILED

They have spent £25,000 on transfers and now have to go into a pre season with probably nothing more than a few hundred thousand pounds, they have to rely on nothing but their judgement of character, Butterworths knowledge of league one and two, and Crooks charisma...... no money, simple as, no money.

Can''t argue with that, but anyone else who''s managed in the lower leagues would have the same thing and they''ve managed too!

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past. People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future? Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. 

Why would you pick these people above other people that have proved in the past that they can actually do the job? Because they were once good players? Good grief

Other people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

Answered your own question - BECAUSE HE DID WELL AT ROTHERHAM AS A FRICKIN MANAGER - that''s the diferance

Have faith in these winners. Yes thats right, those three are winners. With no Neil Doncaster (who i must add NEGOTIATED THE CONTRACTS), surely those three can be left alone to do what they do best - on the training ground.

Good lord, have faith in winners - why don''t we get Glenn Hoddle or Paul Ince then? They won stuff

Come on city. We are Norwich City, we should be proud to be Norwich city, like our management team are proud to be Norwich City. You, me, everybody else on here, can still honestly say that they are proud to be a Norwich City fan. More than a fan, you are part of Norwich City and Norwich City is part of you. No other colours will ever make me, or you, feel this emotion.

I''m not proud of the management team I feel incredibly patronised at their very appointment

Lets keep our chins high, keep our principles for passionate attractive football - AT ANY LEVEL - and fight back. We are the club, its just as much our responsible as it is Gunns, Crooks and Butterworths to fight back.

That really isnt true though is it? If that was the case, there would be NO WAY Otsemabor would have been playing week in week out had I had my way

I just have [:)]

OTBC.

[/quote]

Superb!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

ryan85k posted "I suggest that should the club decide to keep these three, that you lot of negative haters give them a chance. Without being given a chance, they have no chance - its as simple as."

First of al ryan85k a very well put together post but i have to take you up on the above statement,Did they not have 19 games to turn the season round? Would you class relegation as failure by the management team? Have they not had their chance? I just think we need a manager who is an actual manager and a guy like Peter Taylor at Wycombe would fit the bill and in all honesty i would take Paul Ince over Gunn any day.Lets hope we get the right man for once and the club gets dragged of it''s backside and gets back into the Championship ASAP!

[/quote]

They had 19 games in which they had to inherit and utilise a team full of wasters and were given NO money to spend in the most important transfer window that this club has ever had. No manager would have saved us, we were unsaveable.

Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history , appointed for no other reason than he might get a few more people to buy season tickets ,  time to go back to being Mr Oddjob Gunn or the support will be split from the first game next season.

ryan85k
You keep going ryan, you''re fighting the cause against the "usual posters" way better than I did.  Just hope nobody tells you to "go slit your throat" or calls you a "c##t" like they did me!!  Go on son!!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

If I had to choose one team to pick the right men for the job it would be three men that have done the same job well for us in the past. People are talking about Paul Ince for christs sake, what the hell is he going to do for us? Is he going to care about the long term future? Is he hell, he is going to assemble a squad that will do half well for a year so that he can get a job with a successful team again. Other people are talking about Mark Robins, what the hell is the difference between Bryan Gunn and Mark Robins? well, except that Mark Robins was here for how long? 12 months? 24 months at the most, nothing. Just another former player. Yeah he has done ok at Rotherham, but Mark Robins is to Rotherham what Gunn is to Norwich. If you could read the mind of Mark Robins, it will tell you that he is a Rotherham fan.

OTBC.

[/quote]I think ryan you are missing the point, the facts stand 19 games 5 wins, relegation......now i seem to trick myself in being optimistic, the problem i have is Gunn,Butterworth,Crook  are supposed to be a team, if we point the finger at Gunn then we point the finger at them all, Agreed they had little money but Gunn and his teams tactics are really poor, they never seem to be able to read the game and we still had a chance to stay up, but instaed of throughing the kitchen sink at the games he sat back and waited for it to happen........He  never instills confindence in his after match comment, and to he seems like he hasnt got a clue what he''s on about!!!! Now im one for giving people a chance, but i think Gunn has had his! Maybe Crook is the answer, but Gunn certainly isnt!! Your comments a bout robins ar a joke, the fact is Robins in his own right earned his status at carrow road, the fact he has experince goes along way!\But as a Norwich fan i aways seem to back what we have, at this point we dont have Gunn.....but if he is appointted i will give it a chance, but i wont be happy!!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Oh deary dear, no wonder City fail with blinkered fans like ryan about.[/quote]''

First Wizard you are nothing but a career pessimist, I have never once read anything that has convinced me that you are proud of your city, your football club or your country.

There is nothing more that I can more proud about then knowing that my veins run yellow and green.

[/quote]

How old are you?

And you never read my many posts on support for the Royal Anglian Regiment did you?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history , appointed for no other reason than he might get a few more people to buy season tickets ,  time to go back to being Mr Oddjob Gunn or the support will be split from the first game next season.
[/quote]

Ridiculous statement, worst manager in the clubs history according to who?

Because according to the statistics, Gunny is already better than Roeder, Hamilton, Megson, Deehan......

He is being judged on Glen Roeders squad for christs sake.

It doesnt matter if you are Jose Mourinho or Mike Bassett, nobody had a chance with that team of wasters.

Why cant you see that it was the team, yeah blame the board, Doncaster and Roeder, but dont blame the person that was brave enough to try and pick up the pieces.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

How old are you?

And you never read my many posts on support for the Royal Anglian Regiment did you?

[/quote]

Age is irrelevant. Old enough to remember the most successful period in our history and to watch our management team on the pitch.

No, I didnt read your posts on the Royal Anglian Regiment, but then this is a football forum so I probably wouldnt be interested would I?

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]When will people learn. It''s not passion and commitment that makes you a good manager, it''s not even whether they were great players when they played for us in the past, its about results on the pitch. Gunn failed this season and we can''t risk him failing again next season.We need to start appointing managers with a track record of success. Gannon, Tilson and Robins are far superior managers based not on passion and commitment but on their ability to build a successful team and motivate them to win football games.That''s what has been lacking in our previous managerial appointments - a track record of success. It''s now time for the club to appoint someone who has shown in the past they can create a football team that wins games.

[/quote]

Precisely.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history , appointed for no other reason than he might get a few more people to buy season tickets ,  time to go back to being Mr Oddjob Gunn or the support will be split from the first game next season.[/quote]

Because according to the statistics, Gunny is already better than Roeder, Hamilton, Megson, Deehan......

It doesnt matter if you are Jose Mourinho or Mike Bassett, nobody had a chance with that team of wasters.

Why cant you see that it was the team, yeah blame the board, Doncaster and Roeder, but dont blame the person that was brave enough to try and pick up the pieces.

[/quote]

facts Ryan!!!!! we had a chance to stay up...... Gunn made the call to sit back and watch it happen, 3 up front ever spring to mind, 3 at the back?? probarly to....il stick to 4 4 2! Relegated!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

How old are you?

[/quote]

Age is irrelevant. Old enough to remember the most successful period in our history and to watch our management team on the pitch.

No, I didnt read your posts on the Royal Anglian Regiment, but then this is a football forum so I probably wouldnt be interested would I?

[/quote]

Kappow!! Take that!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

They had 19 games in which they had to inherit and utilise a team full of wasters and were given NO money to spend in the most important transfer window that this club has ever had. No manager would have saved us, we were unsaveable.

[/quote]

Yes they did have to work with crap BUT the tactical mistakes and poor team choices made Gunn and his team look like complete fools,And i''m sorry but a good manager would have saved us, without doubt the boards cheap option cost us dear!!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Gunn is the worst manager in this clubs history , appointed for no other reason than he might get a few more people to buy season tickets ,  time to go back to being Mr Oddjob Gunn or the support will be split from the first game next season.[/quote]

[/quote]your whole argument seems founded on the notion that because they were great players and care about the club the should be able to manage the club which they failed at last year.I just cant see the logic in it