Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Marshall joining Cardiff

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

According to Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5316374,00.html

Hopefully it''s a high fee, sell for anything over £1 million.

[/quote]

I can''t see them paying over £1 million for him.  They have been in a financial mire for a long time now and they have just reported a £1m loss.

The only way I can see this transfer bringing us £1m + will be with add-ons such as if Cardiff get to the PL or he plays x amount of games etc.

Marshall joining Cardiff

[img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/fantastic.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/clap3.gif[/img] [img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/beer.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img] [img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/party.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.footballforumuk.com/style_emoticons/default/wave1.gif[/img]

dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way ouyt David....

He''ll drop the pen 11 times when signing the contract.. Dozy git! let him con some other schmucks into thinking he''s a decent keeper.

jas :)

Wasn''t he the one who a week or two ago was saying that he and the other players owed it to Norwich to stay and fight to get us back up, having got us relegated?

[quote user="Salopian"]Wasn''t he the one who a week or two ago was saying that he and the other players owed it to Norwich to stay and fight to get us back up, having got us relegated?[/quote]He also said nobody would pay a fee,  so they probably aren''t.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

why is every one so happy about marshall leaving? im not at all.

nelson is no way near up to standard and despite all the hype about rudd quite simply he is just not ready yet and we should not be gambling on him. this board is going to sell every one

[/quote]

The board do not have any choice.  If wage cuts are brought in their current contract is invalid and a new one has to be renegotiated.  The player does not have to accept the wage cut and if their Agent can get them out they will do so.

The agents representing Norwich players, Charlton, Southampton  will have been hitting the phones for weeks just as the Agents in those threatened with relegation from the Premier League will have been hitting the phones for weeks.

I''m not, it''d mean arguably one good thing Grant did for us,  would be pissed against the wall if Marshall goes for next to nothing.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

why is every one so happy about marshall leaving? im not at all.

nelson is no way near up to standard and despite all the hype about rudd quite simply he is just not ready yet and we should not be gambling on him. this board is going to sell every one

[/quote]

And so they should - the majority are shameful shower unfit to wear the shirt

Will we be able to get in a better keeper than Marhall?. We see Marshall in all his games and therefore any mistakes he makes are highlighted. All keepers make them and unless he is at the club you support then they are hardly ever seen.

Marshall cost around £800k didn''t he? I think they would pay that.Biggest mistake - we didn''t sign Lee Camp for less than half of that.

Just to add, Cardiff made an operating loss - thats not an overall loss as I read somewhere that this is covered by player sales. On that subject they are about to loose two or three players for good money so I would expect that there are some deals that are already done and that Marshall is just one of those pieces.As for a replacement? Nelson has played at this level before (L1) and there are keepers out there that could be cheapish and possibly signable. I would like to see Rudd given a chance though. Green''s first chance came when he was 18 and he made Andy Marshall look like a muppet (not that that was particularily hard).David Marshall is a good shot stopper - I not convinced that he commands his box and I am not convinced that his kicking is particularily good either, especially from pass backs which should be reletively routine.

If you think about it realisticly, i would imagine cardiff are paying slightly over th odds otherwise we would notbe letting him go just yet. We have what? 3 months to sell players, we wouldnt just let him go to the first bidder if it was not a good bid. but then again with this board who knows!!

Good riddance. Worst keeper in our history. Probably the one player who contributed most to our relegation.

dont agree that we dont see other keepers mistakes.. we see 23 other keepers at Carrow Road every week... none make the howlers that Marshall does

and with TV being everywhere in the Premiership and Championship mistakes will be highlighted.

Nelson not being up to it doesnt wash with me either... people think Marshall is "good" purely because he once played for Celtic, conversely people think Nelson is "bad" because he played over 100 games for Leyton Orient....

the same Leyton Orient who could well finish above us next season...

Nelson knows this division, yes he is fiery and has had a run in with the Swindon fans that came back to bite him on the arris but he is an experieanced keeper who knows how physical this league will be and will be able to advise his defenders accordingly..

Marshall would just mooch around the box pretending to care.. like the fat kid at school he makes no effort and occasionally does something good... litter picking is more his thing.

[quote user="crab"]Good riddance. Worst keeper in our history. Probably the one player who contributed most to our relegation.[/quote]Spot on! Cheerio Marshall, don''t let the door hit you on the way out! [Y]

Got a bit confused but found this article:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8044643.stmIf you look at the players that are rumoured to be picking up interest from premiership teams for several millions then I think it is safe to say that they will have money to spend.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

dont agree that we dont see other keepers mistakes.. we see 23 other keepers at Carrow Road every week... none make the howlers that Marshall does

and with TV being everywhere in the Premiership and Championship mistakes will be highlighted.

Nelson not being up to it doesnt wash with me either... people think Marshall is "good" purely because he once played for Celtic, conversely people think Nelson is "bad" because he played over 100 games for Leyton Orient....

the same Leyton Orient who could well finish above us next season...

Nelson knows this division, yes he is fiery and has had a run in with the Swindon fans that came back to bite him on the arris but he is an experieanced keeper who knows how physical this league will be and will be able to advise his defenders accordingly..

Marshall would just mooch around the box pretending to care.. like the fat kid at school he makes no effort and occasionally does something good... litter picking is more his thing.

[/quote]We see other keepers at most twice a season. Remember the Wolves keeper?.

I disagree, I think Nelson is bad becasue a friend is an Orient season ticket holder and he told me he was bad.

I think it may be too soon for the youth lads to be thrown in the deep end, we''ll need someone with experience with them.

[quote user="league1canary"]

If you think about it realisticly, i would imagine cardiff are paying slightly over th odds otherwise we would notbe letting him go just yet. We have what? 3 months to sell players, we wouldnt just let him go to the first bidder if it was not a good bid. but then again with this board who knows!!

[/quote]

The problem with that theory is that you assume the club have a choice in letting him go. Maybe he has a release clause following relegation where by if a club comes in and he wants to leave then he can go and thats that.

Karl, do you honestly think with this lot in charge we are going to have any players other than the youth players? More likely they will be the only players available to throw in at the deep end.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Norwich City fan Mark Tyler anyone?[/quote]

Pete, whats wrong with the quote button these days? Whenever I use it, it comes out in a mess like this ^