Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Bryan Gunn doing a Q & A

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]When is this farce taking place by the way?
[/quote]

9am - 10am

Even more worrying that Chris Goreham doesn''t seem to know that Crook/Butters have a longer comtract than Gunn.

Phone in just about to start [:)]

For those who haven''t got Radio Norfolk, Gunn is making his case for the job, Crook says he knew it would be difficult, Butters says they want to be part of rebuilding the club Gunn says that the 3 of them will hear about the job soon.

Goreham tells him that in polls 70% of fans don''t want him as manager, Gunn says he feels he has a lot of support, polls aren''t always accurate and he wants the job.He says no-one has told him face to face that they don''t want him.

Gunn... "Nobody has told me (fans) they do not want me as manager! Opinion polls can be manipulated but i feel i have a lot of support inc the open day forum."

He clearly doesn''t remember you Smudge!

Gunnn says mistakes have been made but he desperately wants the chance to put them right and rebuild the club.

No live calls yet.

[quote user="cityangel"] 

Goreham tells him that in polls 70% of fans don''t want him as manager, Gunn says he feels he has a lot of support, polls aren''t always accurate and he wants the job.He says no-one has told him face to face that they don''t want him.

[/quote]think he has talked a lot of sense so far. as i said before on a different post that most people i have spoken too think the management team as it is deserve at least another year and that this board IS NOT representative of the supporters of our club

Butters says they were given no assurances about the future when they took the job.

Reading out texts which say we need more experienced person to get us out of League 1, Gunn says its just people''s opinions and its the owners opinions who matter, they feel they can do as good a job as anyone else.

Not the right thing to say Bryan.

Text suggested that Gunny could have a place on the board and work from there with an experiences manager, Gunn only wants the managers role.

First call calling through from Simon about the £8m salary budget and loan players, used Burnley as an example as a team who haven''t used as much money as us but have done well.

Gunn talking about wanting contracted players next year.

No, he said that the "people that matter are the owners" - he was referring to the question regarding experience over inexperience. I''d take it with a pinch of salt. He knows the fans are the people that really matter!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Butters says they were given no assurances about the future when they took the job.

Reading out texts which say we need more experienced person to get us out of League 1, Gunn says its just people''s opinions and its the owners opinions who matter, they feel they can do as good a job as anyone else.

Not the right thing to say Bryan.

[/quote]

And thats why we don''t need him!

Gunny says they asked the board for assurances that they''d be able to get more contracted players and fewer loanees.  Spoke about the effect the number of loans has had on team spirit and team selection.  Accepts the need for a few but 17 is far too many.

He didn''t say what the board''s response was.

[quote user="cityangel"]Reading out texts which say we need more experienced person to get us out of League 1, Gunn says its just people''s opinions and its the owners opinions who matter, they feel they can do as good a job as anyone else.

Not the right thing to say Bryan.[/quote]Probably not CA, but being fair, he''s totally correct with the statement.

Delia et al will install whoever they want, regardless of fan/public opinion, just like they held onto Worthy too long despite opinion, just like installing Grant/Roeder despite opinion, and putting Gunn as interim manager despite opinion.

Chances are that if the Board want Gunn, then that''s who we''ll get - despite opinion...

Pinch of salt??..Im sorry im fed up with having to take things with a pinch of salt.....Why cant things just be said Black or white?....

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="cityangel"]Reading out texts which say we need more experienced person to get us out of League 1, Gunn says its just people''s opinions and its the owners opinions who matter, they feel they can do as good a job as anyone else.

Not the right thing to say Bryan.[/quote]Probably not CA, but being fair, he''s totally correct with the statement.

Delia et al will install whoever they want, regardless of fan/public opinion, just like they held onto Worthy too long despite opinion, just like installing Grant/Roeder despite opinion, and putting Gunn as interim manager despite opinion.

Chances are that if the Board want Gunn, then that''s who we''ll get - despite opinion...

[/quote]

Yes I guess you''re right, just would have been nice if he''d mentioned the fans but if I''m  fair guess he''s under a lot of pressure if he really doesn''t know if he''s got the job.

Bloody Norfolk won''t let me on,Maybe becuse i wanted to question the fact that Gunn had 19 games to save us and failed and also i wanted to ask about the players efforts,same old sh** if your not a robot and say what they want to hear you don''t get a chance!! WHAT A JOKE!!!

Text from Kevin - Havent you already got the job? No but we hope to hear soon as there are lots of people out of contract looking for clubs so we want to start work asap if we''re successfull.

John on line - says he wasn''t sure about him getting the job but after listening to him this morning give him the job and let them have a go. Mentions that we haven''t heard from Delia. John thinks passion will see them through.

Chris - As head of player recruitment, do you take responsibility for the players that we''ve had in the past 18 months.

Gunn explains his role, he made recommendations and manager at time made the decisions.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Bloody Norfolk won''t let me on,Maybe becuse i wanted to question the fact that Gunn had 19 games to save us and failed and also i wanted to ask about the players efforts,same old sh** if your not a robot and say what they want to hear you don''t get a chance!! WHAT A JOKE!!![/quote]

Phone back & say you want to support him as NCFC manager & then when you get on air ask the question you really want to!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Bloody Norfolk won''t let me on,Maybe becuse i wanted to question the fact that Gunn had 19 games to save us and failed and also i wanted to ask about the players efforts,same old sh** if your not a robot and say what they want to hear you don''t get a chance!! WHAT A JOKE!!![/quote]

Dial 141 before you dial the number so it doesn''t record your telephone number and then just say you want to ask Gunn about his future plans, when you get through ask him what you like. They just like to screen calls.

Gunn says he''s had a meeting with the players and he knows which players want to play for us in League 1 - bet that didn''t take long as there aren''t many left to talk to.

Butters was disappointed with some players reactions/attitudes, 17 loan players was ridiculous

Text re Patty why wasn''t he involved, as he was a contracted player, Gunn says he didn''t give us the right comittment in training and therefore wasn''t selected.

They are deliberately not letting many calls through, its been 45mins and two callers have got through so far, yet the number is engaged so lines must be busy - grrr

[quote user="cityangel"]Text re Patty why wasn''t he involved, as he was a contracted player, Gunn says he didn''t give us the right comittment in training and therefore wasn''t selected.[/quote]

I could question 8 others that were selected lacked the commitment too!