Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Paul Ince @ Carrow Road

[quote user="crabman84"]Actually..................i think she did say he had a large borad sheet paper as well! lol[/quote]

The whole joke is lost on all of you, you missed this from the original poster, who was clearly just seeing if he could take the piss.

10/10.

[quote user="king canary"]Would welcome Boothroyd[/quote]Why does he have so much support amongst fans? As far as I can see he had one good year at Watford and a good press image but that''s it. I am obviously missing something?

Only a couple of years'' experience, failed in his last job and has a track record of falling out with players. Perfect, just what we need. Gunny over Ince, any time.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="king canary"]Would welcome Boothroyd[/quote]Why does he have so much support amongst fans? As far as I can see he had one good year at Watford and a good press image but that''s it. I am obviously missing something?[/quote]

Yeap i agree, but some were you have to gamble on these managers, unfortunately we gamble a bit to often!! But i think Gunn is one to many gambles, as for ince im sure there will be a few more namesin and outof carrow road before one is appointted.!

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I can''t believe there is not a resounding yes for Paul Ince on this board. Would be a great great choice and my number one choice! I really hope that you''re right![/quote]

Agreed!

[/quote]

Completely agree, I think he''d be a fantastic choice for manager. Who exactly has he fallen out with? Lost the dressing room at Blackburn but that was becasue he had a bunch of egotistical, over-paid ''superstars'' who thought they were bigger than him and the club.

His record in League 2 and the fact a Premier League club WANTED him should make him a perfect choice for us. However, despite some fans negativity towards him, I still think he''s too good for this job.

[quote user="crabman84"]

he had a flap cap on, shades and a jacket with the collar up.

[/quote]

That just left his nostrils and lips on view, masterful piece of recognition by your friend  [:O]

[quote user="crabman84"]

Just been told by my friend who works at the club that Paul Ince was at the ground today.  He walked past my mate who identified him, even though my mate says he was obviously trying to hide his identity as he had a flap cap on, shades and a jacket with the collar up.

But she reckons that it was certainly him.........if (IF) this is true, what would your thoughts be on Ince possibly egtting the job?  I wouldn''t mind him at all, obviously did a very decent job with MK DONS and Shrewsbury wern''t it?  At a lower level.  Didn''t work out at Blackburn, but was a too big a step too soon.  I reckon he would be awesome at League One level with us! 

My friend has no reason to lie, so i believe her when she says it was him....Paul Ince.....Come on down!

[/quote]

A Flat cap? Did he have Whippets and a loaf of Hovis under his arm?

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="Canadian Canary"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I can''t believe there is not a resounding yes for Paul Ince on this board. Would be a great great choice and my number one choice! I really hope that you''re right![/quote]

Agreed!

[/quote]

Completely agree, I think he''d be a fantastic choice for manager. Who exactly has he fallen out with? Lost the dressing room at Blackburn but that was becasue he had a bunch of egotistical, over-paid ''superstars'' who thought they were bigger than him and the club.

His record in League 2 and the fact a Premier League club WANTED him should make him a perfect choice for us. However, despite some fans negativity towards him, I still think he''s too good for this job.

[/quote]I echo these sentiments. Good record in the lower leagues, and is young, hungry and has a point to prove. My number one choice.

I was told on reasonably good authority that delia was quite keen on Ince last time round so not impossible to imagine. i guess the question would be whether he could bring himself to manage again at lower league level having had a taste of the big time.

Firstly the original post smells very fishy to me, a man in a hat with some sunglasses in coat breathing oxygen isnt definately Paul Ince, but for good ol arguments sake lets assume it is. I would personally be very cautious for several reasons.

He did a good job a MK Dons, got them promoted won the L2 and the League Trophy. Fair play, but he had a massive advantage over the other managers in that league in terms of financial backing and facilities. MK were a giant club in L2, so getting promotion would have been their minimum expectation. However he won 60% of his games in charge there so fair play.

Blackburn was a disaster, he lost the dressing room and did very badly with what should be a mid-tophalf premiership squad. This to me showed a bit of naivity and lack of managirial talent. Maybe a step to far to early

Another problem is what kind of wage he would command simply because of his name, if it ate into our player wages or transfer budget i would say no thank you Mr Ince.

However, Macclesfield was a great acheivment for him, with fairly limited resources he got them from bottom of L2 and saved them from relegation winning about 40% of his 30 games incharge.

Overall i would look for a manager who has really overacheived at L1 or L2 level and showed real natural managirial talent rather than jus going for a name who hasnt acheived at Champ or prem level, eg Roeder, Ince etc... Robins or the currently unemployed Gannon for me!! 

Cant see why people would want Boothroyd and not Ince, probably about same success rate but ince is more high profile and would have more contacts imo. Not saying i want either but anyone imo would be better than the Legend.

Please don''t let it be Paul Ince!!

I''m not familiar with his management style ("from the 80''s" is a qoute I heard from a blackburn player), it''s just that he is such a b#llend...

:''(