Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Do the club actually want to stay up?

Or are they happy to just take the money and run?

This thought occured to me as I cradled my Xth pint on Saturday afternoon.  As ridiculous as my thread title sounds, I don''t have a definite answer.

When the summer came I was looking forward to this season immensly, and don''t get me wrong I''m still loving every minute of being in the Premiership.  At the beginning of the season I was in the "enjoy it" camp, the "lets just see what happens" camp.  After the summer I thought the signings we had made were good one''s and, even though we hadn''t spent a huge amount (ok, lets be realistic we had spent very little) I was still quietly confident that we could hold our own in the Premiership.  10 games in it is desperately clear that we are a good striker away from survival. 

Good strikers cost money, good money at that.  Are the club prepared to spend it?  No.  When this point was raised earlier in the year I said that it would be too much of a gamble to spend big money on a striker.  I now feel it would be more of a gamble to NOT spend money on a striker.

If we go down, IF, there is absolutely no guarantee we will bounce straight back up.  Wolves are struggling, Leicester are struggling, Leeds are struggling.  As ny pointed out in an early thread, the First Divsion is getting harder and harder every single year.  The expectation from fans, the board and management for the players to deliver would be MASSIVE.  Absolutley massive.  If we go down this year, next season anything other than promotion and bouncing staright back would be a failed season in the fans eyes (mine included).  The players and management have never had that kind of pressure.  Except the squad of 10 years ago of course and they didn''t exactly do it first time.... 

We have a good squad.  IMO (just for you Canary Boy!) we have the best squad and spirit of all the promoted teams.  But we to survive we need more.

Nige spent very little over the summer and will have even less to spend in January.  Trust me here- If we spend anything over £1M in the January transfer window I will be shocked and amazed. But we won''t.  Who could we buy for £1M?  Absolutely nobody.  Well certainly nobody that will score enough goals to keep us up.  All the names being mentioned on here- Ashton, Harewood etc we can''t even afford them.

There are various figures being thrown about as to how much we received from getting promoted but, put in lamens terms, if it was under a grand total of Â£20M I''d be surprised.  Thats not it though.  If we go down we still get another £7M odd from parachute payments.  Total therefore- £25M minimum, worse case scenario.

Spend £5M in January.  Give it a go.  Buy a striker.  I know it''s not guarnteed to suceed but at leats give it a go.  Can we afford to have the possibility of another 9 years in the wilderness?  Personally, I don''t think so.

Here endeth my rant.  Looking back it was a bit doom and gloom and there is of course a good chance we will stay up.  But I think we would stand a hell of a better one if the purse strings were loosened slightly.

Keep the faith

DD

Has the wizard found out your user name and password?!?!

£5m???

"I know it''s not guarnteed to suceed but at least give it a go"?!?!?!

Have you gone nuts?!?!

We can stay up if we play Sven, MacKenzie and Hucks in the same team - the rest will look after itself.

My only other issue with your well-reasoned (but IMO a bit wide of the mark) post is this - we should stop saying "we have the best squad/spirit of the promoted teams. It looks to me that Palace have fantastic spirit and determination, and an excellent coach too with a good squad. And WBA may be fighting (which I''m enjoying!) but they have the players to get out of trouble.

DD Have you come over to the dark side ?

See my post regarding the same matter (although im always miserable) and Bananaman I wont even coment on your assumption theat Svennson and Mckenzie are good enough to keep us in the prem, although you do at least seem to agree with me that Hucks should not be played up front.

Ok I only suggested 3-4 Mill but I think we need to go for it, It comes to something when teams in lower divisions are paying more money for players though.

I am also quite angry we didnt sign a striker in the summer was it because

A: We were too tight fisted

B: Did we think we had a deal done only for things to fall apart at the last minute 

C: Did we honestly think we had enough firepower to stay up.

I dont think C because worthy made it clear that he wanted to buy a striker so which was it ? Lack of cash , or unfortunate circumstance ?

Surely we had months to make a short list and make enquiries we should have been able to sign someone at least on loan.

January may be too late regardless of anything else.

It really is time for the members of the "Rose Coloured Spectacle" Club to accept that we need to improve our strike force and probably our midfield.  I can''t say I was overcome with confidence on Saturday with the thought that Safri could come off the bench and swing the match in our favour 

From a financial point of view the only place to be is in the Premiership.  Relegation could well put us back another 10 years from which we may never recover.

Now is the time for the Board to ensure that we can invest in January to give us a realistic chance of staying up coz the present squad is too weak in too many areas to keep us up. 

"Team Spirit" and "Fighting Spirit" will evaporate as the realisation dawns that we are not strong enough at the moment to compete. If we do not get some quality in I fear the worse  

[quote]Has the wizard found out your user name and password?!?! £5m??? "I know it''s not guarnteed to suceed but at least give it a go"?!?!?! Have you gone nuts?!?! We can stay up if we play Sven, MacKenz...[/quote]

I''m sorry Bananaman, but DD has hit the nail squarely on the head as usual!.

He at least has the courage to speak out against what he and others see as a cowardly lack of commitment to the manager.

As for me stealing his identity, I only wish I could my friend, then at last, I could write the quality posts that DD usually supplies these boards with!. 

Yes of course the board want to stay up. They also have a far better knowledge of the financial position the club are in than we do. Don''t forget these people have a lot of money already invested in the club. If we invest money we don''t have and still fail then the board face losing their entire investment. Now I''m sure you, like me have shares in the club, but I''m also sure neither us mortgaged ourselves to the hilt - the board will be in a different position. I therefore trust the board to run this club in a prudent way according to the business model they''ve put in place.

These people have the best interests of the club at heart but they know the economic realities we face. They also know the difficulty we face in attracting players to the club (out in the countryside - therefore requiring house moves, promoted club, risk of relegation). Now if some of those advocating spending can show me some figures which say we can afford it then fair enough. Alternatively perhaps they could all get together, find some finance and buy the club. Funnily enough I doubt the banks will lend you cash on the ''all on black'' business model.

I''m sorry Wiz, I disagree.

In fact, in this case, the blame lies squarely at the feet of one Mr Nigel Worthington. He has been given some funds to buy players, has bought successfully (IMO) but CANNOT tactically educate the players to pass to one another, to show for the ball and to play in the first 45 minutes.

I am not one to suggest that Nigel should be reprimanded in any way.

But I do feel that he has to demonstrate to us that he can at least get our team playing BEFORE we''ve already lost/drawn the game. And I do feel that we should be able to pass to other players wearing yellow. And I do feel that some of our players should move off their backsides, and get into a position to receive a pass, instead of leaving the man in possession with the ball no option but to lose it or hoof it.

I believe NW has more questions to answer than the board - What good would Ruud Van Nistelrooy do if we can''t get him the ball? And how could Zidane pick out a "killer" pass to a striker that is stood on his heels behind his marker?

Nigel - Coaching team - players - get to work.

You really haven''t thought this through have you?

Ok, so we spend £5m on a striker...does that guarantee we stay up? Of course it doesn''t. If we spend £5m on a striker, and we go down, we''re left well and truly stuffed. As we have seen with Leeds; if you gamble and it doesn''t pay off, you are left in serious trouble. We took the gamble in December last year because of the position we were in...we were topping the league and it was a calculated risk to spend some money to complete the job. Now however, if come January, we are still in the bottom three, it would be suicide to spend anywhere near £5m on a striker in the hope he can keep us up, and I would be angered at the club for being so reckless. If we''re sitting in the top ten, then by all means push on, but again, spending £5m on one player isn''t going to happen. At least I hope it doesn''t, not until we''re safe for another season of Premiership football.

People seem to forget how far we have come, and things don''t just change over night. Of course there is no guarantee that we will bounce straight back if we do go down, but with the players we have already, we do have a great chance of doing just that. We have a great manager who will not allow the hard work so far to just fade away...we saw last year how we kept pushing and working and fighting, right to the last. The Huckerby/Worthington confrontation at the Sunderland game shows that. Have some faith.

What I would do in January? Look seriously at getting a decent loan player in. (Ameobi?) A new face just to freshen things up. Then look to spend up to a maximum of Â£2m on a striker, but do it logically. I''m pretty sure we could get Ashton for that amount (Good size and strength, pacey, young, not too high on the wages, well brought up at Crewe) Ashton would want to prove he can score in the Premiership just as much as we want to prove we are good enough to stay up. If he does, then great, we stay up, but if it doesn''t work out, at least we have a proven Championship level goalscorer who can fire us back to the Premiership, but more importantly, we wouldn''t have broken the bank to get him. This would leave us in a position to do a West Brom or a Charlton, and spend near £10m when we go back up.

We''re a club very much on the up; just don''t expect things to happen immediately. We''ve got an amazing pitch, great new stand, stadium expansions planned, good reputation and we will never be in financial peril again...not all doom and gloom is it?

These things take time, and we''re doing it step-by-step...

Have some faith in Worthington and the players that go us into this division after 9 years out of it...enjoy the experience and stop moaning! 

Would you give the man who has bought Gary Doherty for £1m any substantial amount of money??

Worthy knew the score in the summer, I am sick and tired listening to his constant drivelling about money. He knew the budget and spent the biggest chunk of it on Doherty. Enough said!!

To add my two penneth worth, I personally feel that the club does want to stay up, but maybe the finances dictate otherwise.

I am sure that most of you realise that the Johanssen deal with Charlton was in the bag, and he would have been with us by now, if Bent had gone from Ipswich to Charlton. Bent did not want to budge, or the "old blue and white" did not want to sell him, so the deal fell apart.

Personally, I felt deflated at the end of Saturday''s game, but certainly NOT down hearted. We made Everton look dire in the second half, and when I heard their fans whistling loudly for the final whistle, it made me quite proud.

We are still playing good football, making chances and giving good accounts of ourselves. Much rather we did this and not get the points, then stay up "playing the west brom way"

[quote]You really haven''t thought this through have you? Ok, so we spend £5m on a striker...does that guarantee we stay up? Of course it doesn''t. If we spend £5m on a striker, and we go down, we''re left wel...[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Campbell.

I can''t beleive after a 10 pager started by Wiz entitled I feel sorry for Nigel, that this has been started all over again on another thread.   DD why?

Wiz - Rose tinted glasses - I am afraid to say that it is you that wears them.  We have been in the Premiership for 5 minutes and you want the board to spend £5M on one player that you think will keep us in the Premiership.  None of your posts have given exmaples of who this player is.   All of your posts assume that there is a player out there that a) wants to come to Norwich b) can score goals in the premiership even if he isn''t supplied with any service, c) we can afford his wages, d) won''t get injured and e) he costs £5M or less.  If it happens and we go down you and everyone else will be on here moaning about what a state NCFC is in financially.  The £5M player will have left us and we will struggle to get back up.

Go down financially stronger and we stand a much better chance than Leeds, Wolves and Sunderland do at bouncing back.  We have been over this.   All the examples of struggling ex premiership clubs you guys keep coming up with are the ones that spent loads of money and took the gamble that you are all crying out for, wake up for goodness sake.

On the flipside, if we spend it and it proves good, I will say well done

[quote]Would you give the man who has bought Gary Doherty for £1m any substantial amount of money?? Worthy knew the score in the summer, I am sick and tired listening to his constant drivelling about money....[/quote]

Jesus christ,

So you''re writing Doherty off already? He''s only 24, and will turn out to be a good centre back for this club, you will see. He''s the Malky replacement if you will. You do realise that with Fleming and Charlton both nearing the end of their careers, we need young centre backs. Other than the fact he''s still very young, he can do a decent job upfront too if required. Always good to have some versatility in the squad. Of course he''s no world beater, but if you want to see your club signing world class players, then go and support a top 4 side, and let the rest of the Norwich City fans get behind what we already have, and what realistically we can get for our money.

Some fans act like we have the right to play good football, and have the right to be in the Premiership, and have the right to sign good players...it doesn''t work like that. We have to work, work, work, work and work some more, and that''s just to get where we are today...18th in the Premiership. Some players will be bought, and they look duds, but give them time to settle in, time for Worthington to impose himself on them, and we will see improvements.

It''s a gradual process...Some people need a reality check

...but I do still think we''ll stay up

AL.Yellow, I agree with every point you make, also the challenge that asks the posters that are for spending a large sum on a striker, who may, or may not produce the goods. To back up their spending ideas with the City balance sheet that can proove we can afford such an outlay.

It is stated that to go down and attempt a cushioned come back would be a task beyond us.  It is logical to make the point that if that is what the spenders believe then we are not worthy to be here in the first place. Saying this means that we are no more than an upper table 1st division team.

When a business decides to compete with the big boys it must have the facillities and customer base in place to produce the capital required to maintain the level of wages required to pay and to attract the type of players who are ready to fight to keep us playing at our chosen level. 

On my understanding of the clubs finances, carrying already £25.000.000 worth of debt, as a bank manager I would not be prepared to lend money that I was entrusted with to furnish that debt.  What sort of return could I expect for my depositors. Knowing as I do that the gate reciepts and commercial returns that we are capable of will not pay the wages of the type of player that the spenders require. Leeds and Ipswich and others I could mention type of financial managent and wisdom is cheap, and at the same time costly when the bank asks for a settlement.  Many of you may well deride Yankee Canaries assessment of the situation, but I will not join this because he is so right 

I believe we do have at our club the players to keep us up.

My only attempt at extravagence would be to invest in the wages to bring in a loan player of quality who will be attracted to our club and who will be committed to the battle that  will be necessary to keep us where we all want to be.  There are not many established Prem players who would want the battle, and we would be only able to attempt to sign players from teams in the upper realms of the first who have talent and with something to proove.

Unfortunately the upper Premiership is for groups of teams with great financial clout 60,000 plus watched Man U and Arsenal yesterday.  We are never ever likely to pull that sort of support.  So however good we become we shall for ever have to make do with just staying up or mid-table mediocrity.  I personally would settle for that, but not, to go into recievership to achieve it . OTBC!!!!

Campbell part of your reply made me really angry.....but part of it was exactly what I was saying. so I suppose i cant dissagree. I suppose we dissagree on two main points firstly we are not Leeds and if we did spend 5M on a striker on contracts like the other players we would not be stuffed and if we chose to sell him we could on our terms.

Spending on a striker if we are still in the bottom 3 come january would be suicide. Hmmm this makes my blood boil, so you suggest we give up and continue to go to Carrow rd to watch a team getting beaten every week because the board wont invest in the team ? think id rather stay at home and wait till we are back i the fizzy league. But invest once we are safe ?? what is the point of that.

So how far have things come ?? Get relegated this season and its the chase dome all over again, great pitch great facilities how about the team to get us back up ?? Im not sure how many players we would lose if we are relegated but we dont have the nucleus of a great young team for the next ten years do we ??

Ok I agree wholeheartedly with your other assumptions ie decent loan + 2 Mill for a striker maybe Ashton.Is there any reason to think the board is more likely to do it now when they could have before the start of the season and we could have been in a much better position by now. 

"We''re a club very much on the up; just don''t expect things to happen immediately. We''ve got an amazing pitch, great new stand, stadium expansions planned, good reputation and we will never be in financial peril again...not all doom and gloom is it?"

Your glass is obviously very much half full I wish mine was !

[quote]To add my two penneth worth, I personally feel that the club does want to stay up, but maybe the finances dictate otherwise. I am sure that most of you realise that the Johanssen deal with Charlton w...[/quote]

Mr T, ne''er a truer word (or sequence of words) was spoken, in my exceedingly humble opinion.  What exactly would the board have to gain from going down instead of staying up, if they really had a straight choice as some people claim?  The board now appear to be the ones with the long-term view while we the fans seem to be becoming more and more short-termist in outlook, whereas before the season commenced we were all being gordon, sensible and prudent about the country''s, I mean the club''s, finances.  Please correct me if I am wrong, which is always a good chance, but perhaps some of the calls to smash open the piggy bank are a result of people''s falsely high expectations not being matched, and so they are trying to take it out in some way! I even thought I heard some boos at the 1/2 time whistle!  Shame on them - that''s not the Norwich way!  As if we somehow have a ''right'' not to be losing against as good a team as Everton are this season...

To the original question, I do think the board want us to stay up, of course they do.  I just think they don’t believe we have much of a chance of doing so.  Personally I would spend the money on a striker if we could attract one good enough.  People say it’s Worthy’s fault for not finding someone within his budget but what was it and why waste ANY money on someone just for the sake of buying a striker.  If we could attract the right player for £5m then I’d give him the money.  If this player comes in and scores goals and we still go down then at least we have a sell-able asset.

I feel City’s main problem is we are now 10 games into the season with no wins.  We should and could have beat teams we have drawn against and with the exception of Arsenal & Liverpool we could’ve taken at least a point from Man U & Everton BUT we didn’t because in spite of playing well, we were just not quite good enough.  Not good enough for one reason, we made chances but no-one put them away.

Some excellent points have been made here but the fact still remains that we have spent by far and away the least amount of money of all the Premieship clubs.  I know we had debt, built a stand etc but being in the Premiership can earn you more money than most clubs can dream of.  We would have a much much greater chance of being here next year if we spend some cash.

I think a lot of people already think we''re down.  Although they don''t say it out loud their view is "Oh well, we''re going down anyway.  Why waste cash if it isn''t going to make any difference". 

How do we know that it wouldn''t work?

Last season we spent IMO the First Division equivilant of spending big money on a striker in January.  We paid vast sums of money (money we didn''t even have!) for Hucks, Leon, Sven, Crouch etc.  It worked wonderfully.  I know the Premiership is a lot different to the First Division but the principle remains the same- You spend, you get better players, you get results.

I don''t want to go back to the first divison, I don''t.  And we''re not a Leeds.  I''m sure all our signings have wage reduction clauses in their contracts if we go down.  But I think we''re risking our future more if we don''t seize this season and build on it.  It took us 9 years last time.....

[quote]Campbell part of your reply made me really angry.....but part of it was exactly what I was saying. so I suppose i cant dissagree. I suppose we dissagree on two main points firstly we are not Leeds and...[/quote]

The reason we wont become another Leeds United is because we wont spend what we don''t have. We don''t have £5m to spend in total, nevermind on one player. As a club, we are in debt,(as are most) so to miss this oppertunity to put the club in better shape for the long term future just so we can spend some serious money in hope (and that''s all it is) that a player can keep us up is not logical, it is quite reckless.

What I actually said was that spending big money in January if we''re staring down the barrel of relegation would be suicide; Nowhere did I say we should not buy another striker at all. The point I am making is that you need to push on when you are on top of things, which is what we did last season in December. It''s a calculated risk. You do not spend lots of cash when it is likely you will be relegated, if it doesn''t come off, the ramifications will be felt next season, and the season after, the season after that and probably the season after that. We need to be sensible here and think of the future. Being relegated is not the end of the world; it would be if we spent crazy amounts of money in hope of staying up and it didn''t happen. Sure, gamble and it might pay off, but the risk is way too great for any sensible board member to sanction.

As for the players we would lose for definite should we go back down:

Green

That''s it...and we''d pick up a tidy sum too. If you look at the players we will have, then you can see most of them are above Championship level, so I don''t see going back up as being as big a problem as you make out (I don''t think that''ll be the case, as we will stay up!)

Talk of it being ''another ten years'' in Division One should we go down is so melodramatic it''s not even funny.

We have good reason to be optimistic, be thankful we are in the Premiership, and above all else, stop moaning and get behind the team and manager!

[quote]Jesus christ, So you''re writing Doherty off already? He''s only 24, and will turn out to be a good centre back for this club, you will see. He''s the Malky replacement if you will. You do realise that ...[/quote]

Campbell: I feel sad for you that you felt its necessary to spoil your very good post, by taking our good Lords name in vain, with your very first two words!.

Yes, I realise you are a junior, and I should exercise restraint. But this sought of thing gets right up my nose my friend.

I am sorry if you feel I have over reacted to this, but I felt this needed saying.

Let''s keep the reality of our finances in mind here. The truth is if you want to see the amounts of cash spent being bandied around on here they''re it''ll only come from one place. Your choice is keep Green or cash in and invest in players. How do the flash the cash brigage view that question?

[quote]Some excellent points have been made here but the fact still remains that we have spent by far and away the least amount of money of all the Premieship clubs. I know we had debt, built a stand etc bu...[/quote]

I don''t think we''re going to go down, and still I think we have to be sensible and prudent.

You raise the point that we signed three players in December for big money...the difference being this time is that we''re not topping the league and having it easy this season. The gamble we took last year was a calculated one, it was a logical progression for the club. We would not have signed those players if we were 18th in the First Division. Keep things in perspective.

It is this simple: To sign quality Premiership players, it costs a lot of money...money we do not have at the moment. It''s not a case of "Ah, we''ll just go and spend £5m" The ramifications are astronomical if we get relegated.

You say the principle of buying players, whatever the division is the same...But to replace the players that many think are not up to standard in this division and replace them with ones that would keep us up would cost between £15-25m...and even then it''s not a guarantee.

Thank god you are not on the board!

A.Y., I think most people accept that Greeno is off in January, or at the end of the season.  Why would Mr W have bought 2 goalkeepers if that wasn''t the case?

[quote]Campbell: I feel sad for you that you felt its necessary to spoil your very good post, by taking our good Lords name in vain, with your very first two words!. Yes, I realise you are a junior, and...[/quote]

Get a grip mate...there are wars, famine, murderers and rapists in this world, and you''re getting worked up over ''taking the Lord''s name in vain''? 

I don''t know whether you''re being serious or not; I find it hard to take anybody seriously who pretends to be a wizard!

Well, I probably don''t need to point this out, but while we can''t choose (or know) what language other individuals find offensive, we can choose to avoid offending them once we do know...  

On the other hand, some people of different beliefs would find it equally offensive to assume the guy''s divinity, but that''s another story! 

So the moral of the tale might, let''s all try to be nice to one another, whatever our differences in religious sensibility or relative fondness for robes and staffs

On the ball City!

Campbell, I totally agree with Wizard on this point. None of us can win points on the pitch but we can all aspire to be first-class posters on this wonderful message board. Please help us keep it that way. Incidentally, I am totally in agreement with your sentiments on the approach for our football club.   

The fact is we spent a mere 2 million on players in the summer, nowhere near enough to give us a better than average chance of survival. Almost half of that was wasted on Doherty who I think was a panic buy on Worthys part but was still another body in the squad. I think most people are of the opinion that they don''t want the future of the club put at risk in a bid to survive. But the question in my mind is have they been overcautious in their spending and whatever way I look at it my feeling is that they truly have been to miserly with their budget. None of us know the true figure that promotion to the prem is worth but I remember an article by Rick Waghorn regarding this and in it he pointed out that Sunderland recieved around 15 million the year they were relegated, since then there is even more money for overseas rights and also more live games. On that basis I would be surprised if we recieved anything below 18 million, add to that 7.5 million for 2 years in parachute payments if we go down and the figure is around 33 million. The club have already said that they would not use any of the money to pay off the debt as it is scheduled over a long period to enable us to afford the payments even if we go down. We know that the infill, promotion bonuses and the pitch have been paid out of the money and also increased wages etc. But try as I might there is no way that I can imagine that figure being any more than say 10 million. Another thing that has baffled me in recent times is the announcement that the Jarrold stand is also being paid over a long period when initially it was said that the 6 million land deal money would be used for that purpose. So what will happen to the 6 million from the land deal? When the share announcement was made a few weeks back it was said that Worthy had spent all his transfer budget for this season, where was the money coming from for the new striker we were supposedly trying to get on deadline day? I do agree with the point that there seem to be to many people looking through yellow and green coloured glasses and often wonder whether they will still think the same way if we go down and take another ten years to return. Personally I''m of the opinion that another 4 or 5 million could and should have been avaliable for new players and even though I will have a season ticket whatever happens I would hate to go down with a feeling that we were there for the ride.

Great series of posts Campbell.

What does ''the Lord'' know of Wizards, Ist Wizard?

Ease up and relax! If we were all so picky and uptight, we would be telling you to submit your posts to the spell check.   Ouch!

OTBC

[quote]Get a grip mate...there are wars, famine, murderers and rapists in this world, and you''re getting worked up over ''taking the Lord''s name in vain''? I don''t know whether you''re being serious or not; I...[/quote]

Campbell: You make a very bad mistake if you think the 1st wizard is only pretending at being a wizard my little friend. 

The last fool who made that fatal error is now swimming with all the other little tadpoles at the bottom of his local pond!.

Memo: You can still be a christian and a mighty wizard at the same time, well, at least this wizard can!. 

PS. And you''re wrong regarding the board spending £5 million on a new class striker in January ie Harewood for only £3.5 million maybe?.

Come relegation, you will be just like the rest of the doubters...crying your eyes out and wishing you heeded DD, and course the wise wiz''s advice!.

Bye Bye!.

[quote]Campbell: You make a very bad mistake if you think the 1st wizard is only pretending at being a wizard my little friend. The last fool who made that fatal error is now swimming with all the ot...[/quote]

Your post implies that you''re going to put a spell on me for questioning the fact if you''re a wizard or not, that will lead to me dying?!  Any way I can complain about a post such as this to a moderate or something? I find it particularly offensive; a threat has been made against my life

Seriously mate, how old are you? I don''t mean to cause offence, but when somebody is being seriously strange, then I have to say something!

Since when has Harewood been a class striker anyway? Ah yeah, he''s such a great and regular goalscorer for West Ham that he gets shoved on the right wing If we paid anything over £1m for Harewood I would be gutted. If you had any idea what you were talking about, then you would not even fathom spending over £3m on a player who is unproven at Premiership level, potentially risking the club...AGAIN.