Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Munby & Doncaster have stepped down

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]I just can''t get the word ''scapegoats'' out of my head.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean. Only part of the problem has been addressed so far but hopefully the rest will follow suit soon.

How long will it be before people start to say "Do you remember Neil Doncaster- at least he would talk to fans and reply to our emails"? [:)]

Good news and its a start.  Now comes the tricky bit...

Without new money the only changes will be to replace what is gone. I wonder if there is someone coming in with enough money to get a seat on the board BUT not to take over. Or mabe a whole new board with the Majority Shareholders stepping down and "Proper" football people running the show?  I await developments

[quote user="Smudger"]

Zippedy dooh dah, zippedy day... my oh my...  [:D]

hahaha loved their ass licking last paragraph in their joint statement... [+o(]

The monkeys have gone... Lets keep the pressure up... Now for the organ grinders!!!!

[/quote]Its a bit arrogant to assume the angry ramblings on the message board had anything to do with ''pressure'' being applied to Munby and Doncaster stepping down.Bleedin obvious they were going to go... no doubt in the last week they''ve come to acknowledge their failings and they know that the club needs change and in particular someone/group with relevant experience needs to take the club on from here. They''ve simply tried and failed. As a result they have no option but to step down.

They won''t be missed. Get ready for Doncaster mk II if DS is going to choose! Hopefully this opens the way for new ownership with their own executive team. I just hope that it all happens quickly so we can get a proper manager and prepare for next season.

There is absolutely no guarantee that a better CEO than Doncaster will or can be recruited - or if one can be, that he will fare any better given the cash crisis facing the club. But his departure was essential IMO to signal to all that the club means to start afresh. If you are expecting miracles - that will come only when new investment is secured. Could be a long wait.

As a few people have written - the rest of the board can''t go unless they are bought out - or do people want them simply to leave and take their money with them, thus spelling the end of the club?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]There was a small bit on Look East BES, s just got in and happened to be watching if for the weather, well what do you know! Interesting, and above all interesting timing. For those who know all about company law and such, how long can the club do business without a CE, Chairman and only three people on the board of directors?[/quote]

A Public company has to have a minimum of two directors and a company secretary. There is no requirement for a Chief Executive as such.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Gunn for Chief Exec"]Its all well and good but who do we email our frustrations to now. Anyone got Delia or the michaels addresses?[/quote]

We could always post them on her cookery site again???

[/quote]

I thought you were against that sort of thing Smudge?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]There was a small bit on Look East BES, s just got in and happened to be watching if for the weather, well what do you know! Interesting, and above all interesting timing. For those who know all about company law and such, how long can the club do business without a CE, Chairman and only three people on the board of directors?[/quote]

A Public company has to have a minimum of two directors and a company secretary. There is no requirement for a Chief Executive as such.

[/quote]

The club''s constitution states that the board has to have a minimum of five members.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Mark my words, administration cometh.[/quote]Really wouldn''t surprise me one bit now Wiz, they''re obviously jumping ship for a reason.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

The club''s constitution states that the board has to have a minimum of five members.

[/quote]

Maybe Delia''s nephew Tom who sits near to her in the Director''s Box and apperently spends some time in the boardroom, could be appointed as a Director....I''m sure he''ll be a valuable addition in supporting his Aunty.....

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very interesting, I wasn''t aware of that.Is there a time limit to get up to that level CC? Obviously they''re currently below the minimum, so does that suggest that new faces must be imminent?

[quote user="LDC"]Please explain ......[/quote]Where you addressing me? It wasn''t clear.....I dont think the vast majority of you have a clue what Doncaster did..... prove me wrong and tell me what happened with attempt to sign Andy Carroll and what Doncasters role was..........then tell me he was no good

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe Delia''s nephew Tom who sits near to her in the Director''s Box and apperently spends some time in the boardroom, could be appointed as a Director....I''m sure he''ll be a valuable addition in supporting his Aunty.....

[/quote]

I thought she was my auntie[:^)]