Sign in to follow this  
ged in the onion bag

Not good enough for Norwich City....

Watching the match on Monday, what a sad experience.   The fans commitment to this club is simply remarkable and it baffles me how they continue to accept should intolerable standards. 

Observing this match, it was quite apparent that this team is not worthy of a place in the Championship and perhaps relegation would be a good opportunity to regroup.  

Of the match, I made the following observations: -

Shamefully we selected a complete and utter thug in the form of Alan Lee.  Not only can''t the guy run, but his technical ability was shocking, yet he has one hell of an elbow on him - not good enough for Norwich City.    

Carney - no right foot, not much of a left foot, no accuracy, no pace.

Otsemobor - if you can''t dribble - don''t!   How many times did he lose control and possession with a poor touch while dribbling.   Defensively, he was shown up so effortlessly.  

Shackell and Doherty.   If in doubt kick it out!   Boy, were they in doubt.

Macdonald, put himself about... good on him given the lack of support the one ray of light in the whole evening.

Bryan Gunn - Gunny doesn''t look well to me!   The whole team doesn''t look well to me.   The selection of Lee and Carney is not good enough for NCFC but is enough to suggest that Brian doesn''t have what is required to be Norwich''s manager, especially now in the clubs desparate state.  

It is time that Norwich City (the club and its supporters) rediscovered some acceptable expectation and standards (I suggest well above what it is now).   If players are not good enough, don''t buy them, don''t loan them, get a kid in from the ranks, give him some encouragement, a run, some confidence, some experience and hey presto, you have yourself a committed (better quality) player.  It used to happen, remember, Sutton, Fox, Eadie, Bellamy, etc... and its cheaper!  

Take Ryan Jarvis for example, what a mess the club made of his promise.    Jamie Cureton; since he left first time round, compare his career with that of Norwich City''s second striker during that time.   He had a very good career (admittedly a league lower) and is highly regarded away from Carrow Road, perhaps we would have been better off keeping him in the first place.

We might also find young players will sign for NCFC rather than other clubs because there is ''opportunity'' - I wouldn''t let my son sign for this rabble at present.

What''s to lose?  Championship status perhaps!

Right in someways, but the fact we are in this mess is lack of ambition from the board, the continued lack of money and bad management picked by them has lead to string of players simply not good enough! you can only what you got, but a managers job is to manage, and i dont think Gunn has the knowledge to take us forward!!

[quote user="ged in the onion bag"]

Watching the match on Monday, what a sad experience.   The fans commitment to this club is simply remarkable and it baffles me how they continue to accept should intolerable standards. 

Observing this match, it was quite apparent that this team is not worthy of a place in the Championship and perhaps relegation would be a good opportunity to regroup.  

Of the match, I made the following observations: -

Shamefully we selected a complete and utter thug in the form of Alan Lee.  Not only can''t the guy run, but his technical ability was shocking, yet he has one hell of an elbow on him - not good enough for Norwich City.    

Carney - no right foot, not much of a left foot, no accuracy, no pace.

Otsemobor - if you can''t dribble - don''t!   How many times did he lose control and possession with a poor touch while dribbling.   Defensively, he was shown up so effortlessly.  

Shackell and Doherty.   If in doubt kick it out!   Boy, were they in doubt.

Macdonald, put himself about... good on him given the lack of support the one ray of light in the whole evening.

Bryan Gunn - Gunny doesn''t look well to me!   The whole team doesn''t look well to me.   The selection of Lee and Carney is not good enough for NCFC but is enough to suggest that Brian doesn''t have what is required to be Norwich''s manager, especially now in the clubs desparate state.  

It is time that Norwich City (the club and its supporters) rediscovered some acceptable expectation and standards (I suggest well above what it is now).   If players are not good enough, don''t buy them, don''t loan them, get a kid in from the ranks, give him some encouragement, a run, some confidence, some experience and hey presto, you have yourself a committed (better quality) player.  It used to happen, remember, Sutton, Fox, Eadie, Bellamy, etc... and its cheaper!  

Take Ryan Jarvis for example, what a mess the club made of his promise.    Jamie Cureton; since he left first time round, compare his career with that of Norwich City''s second striker during that time.   He had a very good career (admittedly a league lower) and is highly regarded away from Carrow Road, perhaps we would have been better off keeping him in the first place.

We might also find young players will sign for NCFC rather than other clubs because there is ''opportunity'' - I wouldn''t let my son sign for this rabble at present.

What''s to lose?  Championship status perhaps!

[/quote]

Totally agree, but the board are unlikely to be going as no one will invest so we are stuck with same old, same old!

Therefore they should be encouraged to change because what they have done so far, for so long, hasn''t worked and the Big Fella is right, they haven''t learned a thing! 

So the fans need to tell them.... stop spending money, it doesn''t work unless they are going to spend fortunes, millions.   £250K is nothing in football nowadays, so why spend it...  pluck someone out the reserves, they will be just as good, but perhaps a little hungrier.

Therefore, get the board to insist to new managers that they have to give youngsters a chance.