Sign in to follow this  
Wembley_Canary

Is anyone starting to feel optimistic about Sunday?

I like most other people on here thought we were all but relegated after the 2-0 defeat to Reading on monday night, at that time I wouldn''t have even given us the slightest chance to stay up. BUT as we get ever closer to that crucial sunday, I can''t help but start to believe that we can actually do what many thought was impossible and stay up. On paper Norwich winning at Charlton and Barnsley losing at Plymouth isn''t a massive shock. If the right Norwich side decides to show up on sunday then we may just pull it off.

Anyone else starting to feel a little more optimistic about our chances or is it just me?

I just don''t see us beating Charlton. I wouldn''t be surprised if Plymouth win but i don''t think we will, hope i''m wrong.

As a Norwich fan we have built in optimism.............. just the way it is, just like we will think we bounce straight back up!!

But we are not down yet, so  roll on sunday!

I have some optimism which i''m trying to keep because at the end of the day, Plymouth winning against Barnsley and us winning against Charlton wouldn''t be a massive shock if it had happend at an earlier point in the season.

Also, i don''t want to spend 3 hours on a coach going there Sunday thinking we''re gonna lose, may as well be hopeful!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

As a Norwich fan we have built in optimism.............. just the way it is, just like we will think we bounce straight back up!!

But we are not down yet, so  roll on sunday!

[/quote]

I know what you mean but if we go down I can say with complete honesty that I don''t see us going striahgt back up, our current squad right now isn''t much better than your average League 1 side, once our loan players are gone we are left with a squad that doesn''t stand a chance in hell in promotion, can we then sign enough decent players in the summer to stand a chance with the funds we have?... I don''t think so.

i definitely think we''ll win but i cant see us staying up, i reckon norwich will win 2-1 but barnsley will draw 1-1 90th minuet  late equaliser

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

I have some optimism which i''m trying to keep because at the end of the day, Plymouth winning against Barnsley and us winning against Charlton wouldn''t be a massive shock if it had happend at an earlier point in the season.

Also, i don''t want to spend 3 hours on a coach going there Sunday thinking we''re gonna lose, may as well be hopeful!

[/quote]No of course it wouldn''t have been a massive shock.However, circumstances change football.Barnsley go out knowing exactly what they need, heck they may aswell keep eleven men behind the ball and play it out. Plymouth will struggle to get going with nothing to play for imo.And Norwich? We might beat Charlton. But previous experiences suggest otherwise. Under pressure, last game of the season, away from home. It''s not the same quality as Fulham. But i remember the Fulham squad that was put out and i still believe it was never any stronger than our squad. We just capitulated. Will it happen again? I don''t know.Personally, ive tried to be optimistic leading up to this - but im not. If the miracle does happen - i''ll be delighted.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

[/quote]
No of course it wouldn''t have been a massive shock.
However, circumstances change football.
Barnsley go out knowing exactly what they need, heck they may aswell keep eleven men behind the ball and play it out. Plymouth will struggle to get going with nothing to play for imo.
And Norwich? We might beat Charlton. But previous experiences suggest otherwise. Under pressure, last game of the season, away from home. It''s not the same quality as Fulham. But i remember the Fulham squad that was put out and i still believe it was never any stronger than our squad. We just capitulated. Will it happen again? I don''t know.

Personally, ive tried to be optimistic leading up to this - but im not. If the miracle does happen - i''ll be delighted.
[/quote]

Ha!! Highlighting right back at you, and i''ve failed to notice your optimism all week.

On another note, yeah, they may just get behind the ball do nothing, knowing a point is all they need, but at the same time the pressure mounting up could lead to silly mistakes, especially if Plymouth get a few decent breaks etc. Whereas our lot should be 100% focused on a win, no matter what Charlton will do that''s all Norwich are going to focus on.

And on yet another note, we really should stop arguing on pink''un message boards.

The only reason we''re heading for Charlton on a wing-and-a-prayer is down to Barnsley''s recent habit of conceding late goals to draw. We should be down already.

Plymouth have nothing to play for - other than a win bonus perhaps - so it may come down to whether their players fancy a trip to Norfolk rather than Yorkshire next season. On paper this must be our best chance to record a rare away win as Charlton are the worst team in the Championship by some way. But we''re pretty hopeless in pressure games so it''ll be more of a shock if we win than Plymouth I think.

Of course having said all that we''ll probably cruise it about 4-0 but Barnsley will send us down as they come back from 2-0 down with a couple of goals in the last five minutes!

So I''m heading for Charlton expecting us to be relegated but if not the beer will taste a whole lot sweeter in the inevitable post-match p*ss-up.

At least we''ve got the Bank Holiday to sleep it off....

If Barnsley had to WIN I thin I would be quite optmistic however there is a huge difference between asking a team to win any match away from home and asking them not to lose one.

If Plymouth are a goal up ,Barnsley will throw the kitchen sink at them and probably get the equalizer they need. I can see us going down by one point -     Sheff Weds at home anyone??

Although I''ve always endeavoured to be modest of the fact, I am a person who has an exceptionally high intelligence quotient, but as most of you wouldn''t know, it''s a level of intellectualism that can often be burdensome because genius is not a two-way street.

My grandfather on my mothers side, who would often place a round of bread on the end of a long fork & make toast in front of an open fire, use to say "Both the blind man & deaf man can feel their way through touch, but the deaf man has the advantage because he can actually see."Who am I to question the integrity of a man who went AWOL in the first Great War & used nettle-rash as an excuse?

I''ve got a slight bit of optimism. My heart says yes, we can do it. We can stay up! Then, my head just says... Dont be stupid, Norwich can''t win away from home, let alone away from home in London on the last game of the season to stay up!

So yeah, i think we can do it, but it depends on the teams that turns up. Whether we are terrible, and whether Plymouth can be bothered.

Not really. It''s not easy playing for a draw if the opposition are up for it so I can see Barnsley losing their game. I just can''t see us winning ours. We will come agonisingly close though.