Sign in to follow this  
JF

Would relegation be so bad?

Been giving this alot of thought and am starting to think would it be for the best if we do go down? The club needs a fresh start from top to bottom, If we stay up at the valley delia will be out on the pitch in front on thousands of fans singing her name, so why would she look to go then? The squad are just not good enough for the championship and with no extra money next season will be more of the same. But if we go down the value of the club falls and the board will start to feel the pressure to go, maybe a better chance for investment. On the playing side we will have a chance to bring the young players though and hopefully start from fresh and push on from there. I think for the club to move forward in the long term we have to take the fall now, The night is darkest before the dawn and all that tosh!

Tosh is right.

Relegation is never a good thing, you are starting to think as negativeley as our board.

No i''m thinking of a new start if we go down i don''t see how this board can stay. if we stay up next season will be more of the same and we will go down then you can only struggle to survive for so long. Whats so good about staying in the championship and struggling? The hope is in two seasons we would come back and compete again.

We would lose a bucketful of TV income, and three or four thousuand season ticket holders, plus the s/t rebates of 15%/20% would apply.  Away followings of 300 would become the norm. We would almost certainly lose Clingan, Marshall and we would have no chance of re-signing Croft and maybe others would leave. We would fail to attract new players who otherwise might have joined if we were a Championship Club. I would be very surprised if there were not significant cuts at Carrow Road of the non-football staff.

Relegation would be a disaster.

Relegation is always a disaster and puts a team back at least two years - there are NO benefits - just downsides.

We need to be regrouping in the champs - just that wont be happening.