Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Roeder + Cureton + Barnsley = Relegation.

Glenn Roeder''s decision to allow Jamie Cureton to join one of our closest (and ultimately our biggest) relegation rivals was the final nail in our prudence-constructed green and yellow coffin. Yes there are other reasons and yes there were other players playing for Barnsley at that time that might have scored the goals and yes we would still have the same number of points as we do now. But the fact remains that our manager allowed one of our own strikers to aid the cause of a fellow relegation candidate. This is mindless and will (in all likelihood) lead to our eventual Championship demise.

The facts.....

Barnsley 1-1 Preston (Cureton 16)

Burnley 1-2 Barnsley (Cureton 6, McCann o.g. 67)

By my reckoning, without Cureton''s goals, Barnsley would be on 3 fewer points than they are now. This would have given us a significant chance of staying up. In all honesty we deserve all we get and there are more deep-rooted problems at the club than Cureton being allowed to join Barnsley. It just irks me that this is yet another example of "nicey nicey" norwich, hey we''ll even give you a striker to get you the goals and the points you need to stay up - even if it''s at our own expense. Incredible. As for Glenn Roeder, don''t even get me started on him!

have to say i agree. of course there are loads of other factors like us just being generally poor over the course of the season but loaning a goalscorer (on his day) to a potential rival in the same area of the table as you is just common sense!! simple as. and the facts are he has contributed to a couple of marginal wins which could prove costly

Delia + The board + mistake after mistake = Relegation and Administration.

Sorry but the only people to blame are the board and Queen Delia.

As i''ve said before, why did the board allow Roeder to make that transfer? absolutely f***ing ridiculous

whilst this is a flattering analogy, it would be like Man U deciding to loan Tevez to Liverpool as he is starting many games. no way would they do that, makes no sense, and yet we''ve done it here