Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Potentially great news?

“The fans have been absolutely fantastic. As a footballer you want to

play as high up as you can, but there are other things that are

probably more important to you, your motivation, and if you get

appreciation from the fans and they are at every game filling the

stands up, for me that gives me a lot of motivation and I think that''s

better for me."Sounds like a player with his head screwed on. [Y] The question is can City afford him? [*-)]

If we stay up, i think he would be a good signing for us.If we go down, i think he would be a great signing for us.

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''ll do for me, but, where''s the money coming from?[/quote]

Well we''ll have to slash the wage bill significantly. So if Lee does come here, he''ll have to take a pay cut, but reading what he says, it looks like he''d be prepared to do that. As for affording him, maybe we could offer Hoolahan to Palace in exchange, and see if they''ll pay us some money on top?

Swap with Hoolahoop!

Good player, but who think that the good run was when we had Gow and Mooney up front andCody coming of the bench. Since Lee has signed we have been on a poor run. Would be a veryhandy player in league 1, maybe even with Curo.

[quote user="singing canary"]a certain martin taylor wanted to stay here as well .. guess he was too good for us ,[/quote]

A completely different kettle of fish.

just sums it up, i have taylor every day of the week

[quote user="singing canary"]a certain martin taylor wanted to stay here as well .. guess he was too good for us ,[/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''ll do for me, but, where''s the money coming from?[/quote]

Maybe with Eagle & Fozzy now gone there will be a little more money available for wages, how we buy him is a totally different story lol.

[quote user="CT "]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED01%20May%202009%2018%3A02%3A31%3A770

I''d LOVE to keep him here[Y]

[/quote]

So just because he wants to stay in the area would be a reason for you to keep him would it? The fact that he is a truley shocking striker who has scored 5 goals all season and was marked out of the game at Pr by a shi* Ivan Campo doesn''t bother you?

What has happened to your club your standards are so low it''s unreal!

[quote user="billabasblue"][quote user="CT "]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED01%20May%202009%2018%3A02%3A31%3A770

[/quote]

So just because he wants to stay in the area would be a reason for you to keep him would it? The fact that he is a truley shocking striker who has scored 5 goals all season and was marked out of the game at Pr by a shi* Ivan Campo doesn''t bother you?

[/quote]

Don''t know why you are so concerned, it''s not your Club after all, it''s ours, and he is not your player either  [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="billabasblue"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t know why you are so concerned, it''s not your Club after all, it''s ours, and he is not your player either  [:)]

[/quote]

I guess in some way I am just a little sad that there won''t be any more derby games for a long time, feels like an end of an era. I am just suprised at how low your standards are that''s all, not trying to make fun it just seems suprising how keen you seem to be on a poor aging striker who was a cast off from your local rivals and who has scoored what 1 goal for you!

i think Lee has given more interviews in the few weeks he''s been here than any other player has all season (except Rusty of course!)

not done enough on the pitch so far, tho not had any support and surrounded by sh*t players!

not a priority signing for me, but wouldn''t turn him down if he was v cheap

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I want Alan Lee but a straight swap for Hoolahan would be ridiculous.
[/quote]

no it wouldnt... a player who is injury prone and wont want to bee here next season in league 1, or a wiley old pro who has seen it all and done it all before and wants to do well for the club.

Wes wont give 2 shiny sh*ts about this football club anymore come full time tommorow.. id swap him for Lee.

jas :)

Hoolahan for Lee???? Are you mad??? He only wants to stay cos he prefers to work closer to home. Not convinced by him yet, slow, unfit and needs to lose a few pounds. Hoolahan will come good and offers us more than Lee ever will.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Well we''ll have to slash the wage bill significantly. So if Lee does come here, he''ll have to take a pay cut, but reading what he says, it looks like he''d be prepared to do that. As for affording him, maybe we could offer Hoolahan to Palace in exchange, and see if they''ll pay us some money on top?

[/quote]

So he gets one bad tackle from a Plymouth player and suddenly he''s injury prone? It''s no coinsidence that Palace would want Hoolahan over Lee. Yes Lee is good but Hoolahan in the right team is worth a lot more. A fair sum + Alan Lee then maybe. But to trade a straight swap 26 year old with lots of potential for a 30 year old is indeed ridiculous. Jamie Cureton cares, would you rather him than say, Dave Mooney? I don''t think he cares.. then again I''m just making assumptions like you are.[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I want Alan Lee but a straight swap for Hoolahan would be ridiculous.[/quote]

no it wouldnt... a player who is injury prone and wont want to bee here next season in league 1, or a wiley old pro who has seen it all and done it all before and wants to do well for the club.

Wes wont give 2 shiny sh*ts about this football club anymore come full time tommorow.. id swap him for Lee.

jas :)

[/quote]

[quote user="billabasblue"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="billabasblue"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess in some way I am just a little sad that there won''t be any more derby games for a long time, feels like an end of an era. I am just suprised at how low your standards are that''s all, not trying to make fun it just seems suprising how keen you seem to be on a poor aging striker who was a cast off from your local rivals and who has scoored what 1 goal for you!

[/quote]

So what are we supposed to do to raise the standards?  We are in a deep recession, people aren''t investing in clubs at the moment, we have too many loans, poor managers, poor management of the club.  All we can do is support the players we have.  The club is in the s**t let there be no mistake about that.

The other option is for all of us to withdraw the ST money, withdraw the membership money, stop purchasing club stuff and stop attending matches, then the club can fold.

So what are supporters supposed to do, other than support?