Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

SHAKELL A MUST!!

If the board seriously want to start to get us out of this mess, then shakell is amust..... i do think we need rebuild and he has developed so much since he went to wolves, i for one would welcome him back!

[quote user="Big Bob"]I hear ShaCkell is a good player aswell.[/quote]Read before you post springs to mind!!!! you know what i mean!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The problem is that he won''t exactly want to play league one football, will he?[/quote]Think he might......norwich through and through!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Jim Kent"]The problem is that he won''t exactly want to play league one football, will he?[/quote]

Think he might......norwich through and through!
[/quote]

He''s a footballer,he''ll play for whoever pays the most.

Some fans astound me.  Do you not see that its the appalling defense we have had all season that has got us into this present mess.  Whilst its been a bit better since Shackell arrived alongside Doc we are still shipping buckets of goals in.  Bottom line is both centre halves are not good enough.

That would be the Shackell who lost his man for both Reading goals ?[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]If the board seriously want to start to get us out of this mess, then shakell is amust..... i do think we need rebuild and he has developed so much since he went to wolves, i for one would welcome him back![/quote]

Sorry but this is the problem, standards are too low.... fans have too little ambition.   Shackell is not the answer.   Norwich should expect better than this.   If he is free, perhaps in the short term but thats about it.

[quote user="Pastry"]That would be the Shackell who lost his man for both Reading goals ?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]If the board seriously want to start to get us out of this mess, then shakell is amust..... i do think we need rebuild and he has developed so much since he went to wolves, i for one would welcome him back!
[/quote][/quote]

Spot on! Shackell is extremely average and not worth spending money on. He loses his man frequently at set pieces.

He''s alos now on Premier league wges currently with Wolves. He''s not going to jump ship there until a suitable offer comes along and that isn''t going to come from City!

[quote user="ged in the onion bag"]Sorry but this is the problem, standards are too low.... fans have too little ambition.   Shackell is not the answer.   Norwich should expect better than this.   If he is free, perhaps in the short term but thats about it.[/quote]

Your joking arent you?  Shackell has been immense since he got here, twice the player that he was before he left, and looking to become the next Malky Mackay in my opinion. He is still very young and most managers will see his potential.

How the hell do you think we will be able to have centre halfs even half as good as Shackell in league one? Next year we will be crossing our fingers that Spillane does ok and Doherty will be planning his life after football.

We need to know what league we are in to judge who we can afford.   Shackell is a champs footballer and wont drop down to league one,  and we wont be able to afford his wages there.   Much depends on who leaves.

If we staty in the champs - move for him,  if we get relegated we need to look elsewhere.

As for responsible for both goals - well neither goal would have happened had perfectly preventable crosses had not come in,  the first maybe shackell should have done better for,  but he was well positioned but long came in beyond the far post and BVertie should have been aware,  but its was Ots lapse that cost us,  and for the second Shacks was injured and did not so much as lose his man more was unable to jump jigh enough due to his injury.  Cant blame him for not being taken off.

“Jason is a player who has come into our squad and grabbed the opportunity,” said Gunn. “He was playing very little football with Wolves at the start of the season and after our visit there in February, I thought it was an opportunity to bring somebody back who knew the club and he''s put in some impressive performances.

“If it''s the case that Wolves let him go, there will be a lot of clubs interested in Jason because the form he''s shown since he''s been with us has been excellent.

The loan system is a wonderful system isn''t it.

Yet another player whose value we have enhanced. What would he have been worth had nobody (especially us) taken him on loan ....... and what is he worth now after we put him in the shop window for, what is now, another premiership club?

The system was brought in to help the smaller clubs who needed players desperately because of illness and/or injury. Look what is being used for now!

Anyone who thinks Shackell was at fault for the Reading goals is an idiot.

Neither cross should''ve been put into the box. Simple as that.

[quote user="fanforlife"]Shackel was at fault for both Readings goals!!!![/quote]

He wouldn''t have been if Semmy had cut the crosses out.

Shackell may have been at fault for both goals vs Reading but he''s saved us more times than not since he''s been back - would be a good signing and would point us in the right direction.

The centre halves are good enough its the midfield which is the problem. Clingan on his own in midfield cos he isn''t helped by whoever plays alongside him. Plus we haven''t got a 15 goal a season striker even tho our goal difference is superior than that of the teams around us.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

Some fans astound me.  Do you not see that its the appalling defense we have had all season that has got us into this present mess.  Whilst its been a bit better since Shackell arrived alongside Doc we are still shipping buckets of goals in.  Bottom line is both centre halves are not good enough.

[/quote]

[quote user="fanforlife"]Shackel was at fault for both Readings goals!!!![/quote]

no he wasn''t.. Semmy and Marshall were

Semmy failed to do ANYTHING at all to cut out the cross allowing a free header

and the 2nd goal Marshall called, didnt come for the ball, put the doc in 2 minds so he cleared it for the throw that led to the cross... if Marshall had come out and claimed it they wouldnt of got the bloody ball!

jas :)

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

[/quote]

Another t*at who does not know F all about football, obviously doesn''t watch many Norwich games, jumping on the Doc and Shacks slag off bandwagon and thinks the grass is greener on the other side!

The Doc and Shackell have been 2 of our few decent performers this season!

Yes they are not world beaters or they wouldn''t be here but they are good quality Championship defenders. Our c*ap season would of been a lot worse had the Doc and Shacks not been around particularly if we''d of used Stefanovic, Omorzusi and Kennedy all of whom aren''t as good as Doc and Shack!

For the record I thought that Lee Croft winning the player of the year was unbelieveable and judging by the reaction form the crowd when it was announced I was far from being the only one. While Croft has had his best season for us this time he still has a por end product ratio and Doc and Clingan was more worthy winners!

[quote user="ged in the onion bag"]Sorry but this is the problem, standards are too low.... fans have too little ambition.   Shackell is not the answer.   Norwich should expect better than this.   If he is free, perhaps in the short term but thats about it.[/quote]

So we should all aim high and the club should go for players like Torres and Stevie G, wakey wakey, we are possibly about to drop to the old 3rd division, who do you think will want to come and play for a club that''s skint in the 3rd division? lol honestly I despair.

I wish sometimes I was a multi millionaire, then I wake up and realise I have to struggle like everyone else. [:S]