Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Malaysia, sweden and now SCOTLAND

The last two have been decent, i look forward to going on tour with the canaries and have done when they went to malaysia and sweden, but scotland. WHAT??

League 1 teams can''t tour outside of Britain [:P]

Which means we can only venture into some of southern Scotland apparently

Ahem.  I thought it was supposed to be preseason preparation for the team, not a jolly for the fans. 

Malaysia was exactly what the team didn''t need ahead of the Prem season.  Tropical conditions, unfamiliar food and jetlag, with Worthy out of the country when he could have been signing players.  It was a condition of Proton sponsorship that''s all, nothing to do with football.

I don''t know why you''re knocking Scotland, it''s one of the most beautiful countries on earth.

Sweden was a complete and utter waste of time. Trust me, I was there!

Yeah it was a great week for the fans, had a good time in Goteborg, but regarding team Prep, what a waste of time

Played 2 pub teams, one of which gave us a game, but even in that one neither side broke a sweat.

Best thing to come out of the 2 matches was the French Trialist up front, and we didnt even sign him!

Funny thing was, when we asked Fozzy what his name was during the Ahlafors game, he didnt even know what his name was. He said "Some new French Kid" :d

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

Yeah it was a great week for the fans, had a good time in Goteborg, but regarding team Prep, what a waste of time

Played 2 pub teams, one of which gave us a game, but even in that one neither side broke a sweat.

Best thing to come out of the 2 matches was the French Trialist up front, and we didnt even sign him!

Funny thing was, when we asked Fozzy what his name was during the Ahlafors game, he didnt even know what his name was. He said "Some new French Kid" :d

[/quote]

I live in Sweden and couldn''t for the life of me fathom why we bothered to come here only to play such poor quality opposition. Roeder kept banging on about Swedish athleticism or something providing a good test fitness for us. b****ks. We''d have been better off playing local Norfolk teams.

Scotland is a good choice, the opposition and venues will be more like what we''ll find in Division 3. That''s what it should be all about, preparation for the coming season.

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

[/quote]

A little confusing wording for the last bit.  I thought you meant Fotheringham didn''t know his own name until I got to the last sentence.

Yeah I guess it was! I was in Houston last month! Ever been to the Golden Corral off the NorthWest Freeway? AMAZING! Cant rave about it enough!

We have been to Scotland before on more than one occasion, have followed them around there and it was a great holiday, sure it shows that we are where we are, but in the circumstances I can''t say I am surprised at their choice.

As for football preparation, they could always just spend longer training at Colney and find more clubs to come to Carrow Road for pre season matches there.

I''ve never gone on a preseason tour, always thought that the last thing the players must want is to see our ugly mugs.  I''d rather let them get on with preparation without distractions like signing autographs and schmoozing with the public just for once.  A final preseason game at home is enough for me.