Sign in to follow this  
Robsta

The Scrimmage/poor refereeing/Neil Doncaster

Please forgive me for being a week late with this post but as I work away its not always possible to post and read others!

I would like to point out and bring to your attention something that happened lat thursday on the above mentioned radio show, i''m still seething from it.

Chris Goreham had Richard Balls(i think thats his name) in the studio and someone else but I cant remember who, and the light hearted text/phone in topic was "Which club should we deduct 10 points from this season and why". Whilst it made me chuckle I decided(light heartedly) to call in and suggest we deduct the points from every club that has been awarded a dubious penalty/goal and where we have not been awarded a stone wall pen or a goal where there was a supposed foul/offside. Which the young lady on the phone thought was very good and put it thru to the studio.

ONLY for me to get completely ripped to shreds by Balls and Goreham!!!! They were saying that we cant continue to blame the officials, the reasons for our demise is beyond that, now while i appreciate that, I wasnt for one minute suggesting that we blame them, but these guys are in the media, WHEN is someone going to take a stand against the officials, and maybe put together a collection of video nasty evidence and send to the FA,UEFA,FIFA, the European Court of Human Rights and anyone else who will damn well listen? These guys are paid money for getting it RIGHT and maybe just maybe they are going to cost our beloved club, a place in the championship and a hell of alot of money!

Balls and Goreham then went on to blame the board/poor managment(Grant, Roeder) alot of money being spent on rubbish and then went on to praise YES, PRAISE Mr Doncaster! They said he is a real community man, always outside the ground speaking to fans before the game, always answering emails etc etc. What a load of tosh! He should be in the boardroom/executive suites, hob knobbing with investors either current or potential, get more money from them!

If Doncaster and the board have the clubs best interest at heart why did they let Roeder get rid of Hucks, sell Shackell and get so many loan plaayers in, some of which never wore the shirt i believe! I understand why we never hear how much money there is to spend as you dont want other clubs knowing, but where has all the money gone? 20,000 season tickets, the ground is always 90-95% full each home game. You cant honesty tell me they''re spending it all on the mortgage for the Jarrold stand?

Reading between the lines, my real point is: Are Goreham, Radio Norfolk, Richard Balls PUPPETS for the board?? They are in the media, they have the power to make people listen, they can help someone stand up and be listened too! But I guess they just doing whats polictically correct as they dont want to run the risk of losing their jobs during the recession!

I so hope we get the right results on sunday! I cant face it in the third tier, however if we do go down, i''ll still be there like the 000''s of others that love and adore NCFC! WE DESERVE BETTER!

Richard Balls - a puppet for the Board? I think that''s the first time he''s ever been called that.

You must have missed the bit on the show when he spoke at length about how the NCFC Board didn''t "Manage the Manager", and how he laid into them about their years of failings, and especially how the didn''t over rule Glenn Roeder about letting Jamie Cureton go on loan to Barnsley, a decision which has contributed significantly to the three point gap between us and safety.

You just seem a bit miffed that your video idea was knocked back.

OK good post.

First of all I think we have been treated badly by officials, but at the end of the day its probably only a few points. But those points could have put us safe.

However, we aren''t in the position we are in because of a couple of bad decisions. The fact of the matter is we just haven''t been good enough. But it is time for technology to get these decisions right. My hope is we will get a huge slice of luck on Sunday and survive.

The board needs to intervene more they nearly allowed Glenn Roeder to destroy this club. Pulling out of the reserve league, letting Cureton out on loan, changing half the staff at the club. None of which should have been allowed to happen.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Richard Balls - a puppet for the Board? I think that''s the first time he''s ever been called that.

You must have missed the bit on the show when he spoke at length about how the NCFC Board didn''t "Manage the Manager", and how he laid into them about their years of failings, and especially how the didn''t over rule Glenn Roeder about letting Jamie Cureton go on loan to Barnsley, a decision which has contributed significantly to the three point gap between us and safety.

You just seem a bit miffed that your video idea was knocked back.

[/quote]

Of course some might say that Cureton playing for Barnsley COST them more points than it gained them...