Sign in to follow this  
ged in the onion bag

Div One or Championship next season - whats best for NCFC

If we stay up, more of the same....no funds, no ambition, no direction.... who would invest?????

If we go down; get rid of the garbage, get the kids in, (Norwich City employees), sort the team out with a couple of old heads, a decent striker... keep our good players.... Clingan, Hoolahan, Marshall.......... am now struggling, MacDonald and Spillane deserve a chance and get an experience manager in charge.    

We need a complete clear out and change of direction and only relegation will prompt this.    Not ideal but probably best in the long run.

Footballs a simple game really.

Not to sound depressed...

But we probably wouldn''t keep Marshall, Clingan or Hoolahan. I doubt there would be any change at board level and it looks like our underambitious board members are going to appoint Gunny as manager next season, simply because he''s the cheap option and as a club legend its unlikely he''ll be turned on by the fans any time soon. McDonald will be good for us in League 1, and it doesn''t look like he''ll be off anywhere. We could do alright, and come back up, if the right changes are made but right now it looks like if we go down, we''re staying down.

[quote user="ged in the onion bag"]

If we stay up, more of the same....no funds, no ambition, no direction.... who would invest?????

If we go down; get rid of the garbage, get the kids in, (Norwich City employees), sort the team out with a couple of old heads, a decent striker... keep our good players.... Clingan, Hoolahan, Marshall.......... am now struggling, MacDonald and Spillane deserve a chance and get an experience manager in charge.    

We need a complete clear out and change of direction and only relegation will prompt this.    Not ideal but probably best in the long run.

Footballs a simple game really.

[/quote]

There is more likelihood of change if we stay up, more chance of finding a buyer and attracting investment. But it''s a moot point really as we are going down and we will be stuck with this board and these owners until administration forces a painful change.

If we go stay up, we have a squad of 14 players, the current board in charge, a few million in TV revenue and the chance to attract some good players to bulk up the squad.

If we go down, we have a squad of 14 players, the current board in charge, a massive short-fall in TV revenue and no chance to attract good players to bulk up the squad.

Nothing will change if we go down save yet another down-grading of players and the quality of football at Carrow Road. The only thing I worry about if we stay up is Brap getting a nice big contract on a tidal wave of relief.

My big fear is that we could plunge down another division at the end of next season if we don''t avoid the drop this time. I really can''t see us bouncing straight back up again.

How much do you reckon has been spent on loanees this season.   They don''t come free and thats before wages!   I bet thats the best part of a £5million loss this season!   Where did the loan players get us?

If we are throwing away money in the first place, then a £7 million loss seems ''par for the course''.

If we ever got relegated there would have to be either a clear out or a sense of realism from players on the current wage contracts. Q. Why should any player want to stay on lower wages and in a lower division from where he thinks he should be playing? A. Because it''s a good club so far as facilities go, because there is the hope of instant promotion next season and because he''s happy to stay in our patch (eg Lee). But there may still be a gulf between expectations and wages on offer. I think there is a good chance we might keep Lee and McDonald and Russell, Lappin, Martin & Spillane. Croft and Hoolahan no way and there should be cheaper options to Marshall. Clingan might be persuaded to stay in the short term depending on successful results. And Huckerby anyone? Getting out of Div 1 would be no formality but Leicester have shown it can be done.

My biggest fear is administration which on the face of it appears unavoidable in the current climate whether we stay up or go down ! [:(]