Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

From the Wrath site, re Cullum

Ha ha nice one TCF.....canary charge is talking out of his arse!!

Delia did not need any more publicity....infact in my opinion she boosted the publicity of our club!!!

And you all may well argue over how much of her own money gets pumped in but at the end of the day she has put more in than she should have to and a dam more than any of us have!! I doubt very much she will get it back as this club is worth fcuk all at the mo...

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The club has been weighed down with Cullum since the 20 million for players issue. When you look at his recent comments they all smack of a person who doesn''t really want to be involved in any way shape or form. I bet he wishes he never got involved. We are stuck with the current regime like it or not.
[/quote]

I agree that Cullum is now desperately trying to distance himself from the issue.

[/quote]

Why? Because he''s keeping quiet? You make it sound like he is now totally against the idea of investing in our club. It simply isnt the case.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The club has been weighed down with Cullum since the 20 million for players issue. When you look at his recent comments they all smack of a person who doesn''t really want to be involved in any way shape or form. I bet he wishes he never got involved. We are stuck with the current regime like it or not.
[/quote]

I agree that Cullum is now desperately trying to distance himself from the issue.

[/quote]

Why? Because he''s keeping quiet? You make it sound like he is now totally against the idea of investing in our club. It simply isnt the case.

[/quote]

No, because he''s consistently saying that he isn''t able to. This is exactly the point I was making in the earlier post.

i would love cullum to come in , for the pure reason he is clever and successful,

sadly i feel that ship has passed , and hes giving delia the bird and laughing at her ailing club.

the Cullum ship has not passed. Remember, he is the ''king of deals''

his company is famed for aggressive takeovers, he has said he ''would not let Norwich go to the wall''.

he would step in before administrators, aquiring city for a knock down price, but with the clout to run the club better.

what happens when delia and michael retire, or die?

he might yet own our club one day.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"People give Delia enourmous amounts of s**t but at, the end of the day, she has invested over £12m in the Club she loves.

Cullum is a hell of a lot richer but has failed to put his money where his big mouth is."

I''m not a Delia fan, but this is spot on! As the title of the WOTB thread says - ''Norwich Fan? My a88e! 

[/quote]

The smear campaign goes on . . . [:S]

[quote user="The Judge"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]The problem is, amongst many others, is that she is not the chairman. She is the majority shareholder with MWJ and has appointed a Chairman who is very skilled in PR but has no power whatsoever. We have a Chief Executive who has no skill whatever in PR or running a football club. Both these chaps are rolled out to take the flack. She and MWJ are the only ones who have the power to help this club forward. The best option for the club is for them to sell at a market price if they really have the club''s interest at heart. Similarly Gunny should never have sort the mangers position.[/quote]

Delia is the public face, thats why her name is used .....but yes you are right.....the lot of the should sell up, and give Norwich City a chance!
[/quote]

She''s the Public face when it suits her. Huckerby signing was the best one!! Where is she now?  ''Where are you,Lets be avin you''.....[|-)]

and lets not forget Arthur (as in my opinion alot of people incredibly do) we all know now that if it wasn''t for Karl Moore we wouldn''t have signed Hucks at all.....

Delia Smith, Doncaster, Munby etc whenever questioned on the clubs lack of ambition over the past 5 seasons forcefully countered the questioner by saying "we signed Darren Huckerby didn''t we ?" - this was the one and only thing they had to counter the ambition arguement - yet we all now know if to was down to them we wouldn''t have signed him....

To me this just shows ultimately why we are in the position we are - the board have for season after season not been prepared to invest in the team and it was only a matter of time with the current incumbants in charge following the same strategies that we would end up getting relegated - some fans saw this coming some time ago, some chose to ignore it, some couldn''t see it at all and still don''t - hopefully relegation will make them realise that Saint Delia and her cronies and her vision of what a football club should be have led us in to this position.

[/quote][/quote]

Those kind of stunts really pee me off about our celebrity obsessed lot

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, because he''s consistently saying that he isn''t able to. This is exactly the point I was making in the earlier post.

[/quote]

When did he say he isnt able to? Considering he''s worth £1.7b that would be totally folly dont you agree? The fact of the matter is this: Last November Peter Cullum placed on record that he would invest in Norwich City Football Club if and when they reached the financial brink. Were not there yet but when we get relegated tmo we will be a hell of alot closer. Despite the downturn Towergate has remained a hugely profitable organisation so as it stands this day, Cullum is more than able to seek other investments. You''re just blindly assuming he doesnt want to.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="LinkNR9"]

"People give Delia enourmous amounts of s**t but at, the end of the day, she has invested over £12m in the Club she loves.

Cullum is a hell of a lot richer but has failed to put his money where his big mouth is."

I''m not a Delia fan, but this is spot on! As the title of the WOTB thread says - ''Norwich Fan? My a88e! 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh come on. It''s not as if you don''t take every opportunity to smear the current incumbents. It''s inevitable that there will be some criticism of Cullum simply because people are frustrated by our situation and the lack of progress and will blame him for not acting. I''m not saying that''s fair, because I don''t think it is, but it''s human nature, I''m afraid.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When did he say he isnt able to? Considering he''s worth £1.7b that would be totally folly dont you agree? The fact of the matter is this: Last November Peter Cullum placed on record that he would invest in Norwich City Football Club if and when they reached the financial brink. Were not there yet but when we get relegated tmo we will be a hell of alot closer. Despite the downturn Towergate has remained a hugely profitable organisation so as it stands this day, Cullum is more than able to seek other investments. You''re just blindly assuming he doesnt want to.

[/quote]

Of course, you''re right. He said all those things exactly as you''ve quoted them. He''s rich therefore obviously he will buy the club. How could I have been so stupid? Everythings going to be OK after all. Hurrah!

Now, I''m not a financial genius & I don''t understand all the ins & outs of what Delia has or hasn''t invested / given to the club.

But, let me give you a Peter Cullum type offer.

I''ll give you £20,000 towards your house, but you MUST spend it on a new Sun Lounge.

Once I''ve given you this £20,000, I want full control of your house, but I don''t want anything to do with the mortgage or any loans you have.

Probably a bit too simplistic, but is that a fair offer ?

I await to get shot down, but I cannot see that Peter Cullum cares one iota about Norwich City Football Club.

Peter Cullum cares only about Peter Cullum

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh come on. It''s not as if you don''t take every opportunity to smear the current incumbents. It''s inevitable that there will be some criticism of Cullum simply because people are frustrated by our situation and the lack of progress and will blame him for not acting. I''m not saying that''s fair, because I don''t think it is, but it''s human nature, I''m afraid.

[/quote]

My criticism of the current incumbents is based on their track record.  I didn''t slag them off before they''d even arrived and indeed cut them a lot of slack (far too much in hindsight) for the first nine years of their tenure.

Peter Cullum could have acted 18 months ago if the board had let him. 

According to the Guardian (who have no axe to grind afaik) D&M rejected his second approach before they''d even spoken to him.   www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/09/norwichcity.championship1

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Its not spot on at all.

So hes expected to hand over cash because hes got lots of it? If he was in charge then yeah, but since he isn''t, and since our board can''t be trusted to spend it properly if money was given to them, he''s not going to hand over a penny. I bloody wouldn''t unless a more reasonable sum was demanded for shares.

Ask yourself, would you give the club money for nothing with the current board in charge (and have no say regarding where the money goes?)

[/quote]

Fair comment, but why did he say he would bail out the club if they were in dire trouble; I wish he hadn''t said anything, as all it did was to raise our hopes.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!!

Out with the board!![/quote]Oh dear! [:S][/quote]

Oh dear what?
[/quote]

Hi Canary Charge, just to explain lappinitup has probably posted "oh dear" because you''re another one who has our beloved owner sussed out. And you''re not an idiot or a fan of moronic posts like "we''re doomed", which he is.

[/quote]

Hear hear! 

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course, you''re right. He said all those things exactly as you''ve quoted them. He''s rich therefore obviously he will buy the club. How could I have been so stupid? Everythings going to be OK after all. Hurrah!

[/quote]

I''ll ask again, when did he say he isnt able to? And I never said anything about him buying the club. I said that, given past events, it is likely that he will make another approach to invest. You''re saying that he wont and that he is trying to distance himself. Fair enough. But maybe he is deliberatly distancing himself for a reason. Delia is sweating at the moment. The longer he remains impartial the worse the clubs situation will become. He is quite simply biding his time. Just because he doesnt blabber on about it doesnt mean he isnt interested or that he doesnt support the club.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I agree that Cullum is now desperately trying to distance himself from the issue. However, the runaway horse can''t be stopped now and regardless of how many clear statements he makes about not buying the club you will always find lots of people on here bringing up the "he''s a clever businessman biding his time" or "he''s just keeping his cards close to his chest" lines. Before the bombs start falling on my head, let me make the following clear:

1 I want to see the club under the control of new, ambitious owners.

2 If those owners are headed by Peter Cullum and he is truly committed to taking the club forward then that''s fine by me.

3 I am not criticising those who cling to the belief that he will buy the club in the face of all evidence and logic, although I think they''re wrong. We all need something to hope for, because the prospect of lurching onward under the current regime is not a comfortable one.However, I believe our salvation must be found elsewhere.

[/quote]

Well put, B, you''ve summed up my feelings very articulately!

[quote user="BringBackIwan"]

Now, I''m not a financial genius & I don''t understand all the ins & outs of what Delia has or hasn''t invested / given to the club.

But, let me give you a Peter Cullum type offer.

I''ll give you £20,000 towards your house, but you MUST spend it on a new Sun Lounge.

Once I''ve given you this £20,000, I want full control of your house, but I don''t want anything to do with the mortgage or any loans you have.

Probably a bit too simplistic, but is that a fair offer ?

I await to get shot down, but I cannot see that Peter Cullum cares one iota about Norwich City Football Club.

Peter Cullum cares only about Peter Cullum

[/quote]

So why would you want control over a house knowing the debts are spiraling out of control and your 20 grand sun lounger will end up being taken by the bailiffs?

Your thinking doesn''t make any sense imo.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not a ''smear campaign'' against either of them.

I just wish that Cullum had kept quiet and not raised out hopes with all of his talk about how much of a fan he was and that he wouldn''t see us in a mess, etc. Well, we ARE in a mess and he''s nowhere to be seen.

As the saying goes, he should either have s88t in the pot or got off it! 

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The club has been weighed down with Cullum since the 20 million for players issue. When you look at his recent comments they all smack of a person who doesn''t really want to be involved in any way shape or form. I bet he wishes he never got involved. We are stuck with the current regime like it or not.[/quote]

I agree that Cullum is now desperately trying to distance himself from the issue. However, the runaway horse can''t be stopped now and regardless of how many clear statements he makes about not buying the club you will always find lots of people on here bringing up the "he''s a clever businessman biding his time" or "he''s just keeping his cards close to his chest" lines. Before the bombs start falling on my head, let me make the following clear:

1 I want to see the club under the control of new, ambitious owners.

2 If those owners are headed by Peter Cullum and he is truly committed to taking the club forward then that''s fine by me.

3 I am not criticising those who cling to the belief that he will buy the club in the face of all evidence and logic, although I think they''re wrong. We all need something to hope for, because the prospect of lurching onward under the current regime is not a comfortable one.However, I believe our salvation must be found elsewhere.

[/quote]

Well put, B, you''ve summed up my feelings very articulately!

[/quote]The funny thing is when Cullum tried to buy the club on the cheap he was a "clever businessman" and the very same people expect the current owners to simply give it away.

simple question wrighty boy................ ask any member of the public who Delia smith is??? what would the answer be.............Well Norwich city and cooking...Fact!the publicity bandwagon rolls on!!!!

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]

Ha ha nice one TCF.....canary charge is talking out of his arse!!

Delia did not need any more publicity....infact in my opinion she boosted the publicity of our club!!!

And you all may well argue over how much of her own money gets pumped in but at the end of the day she has put more in than she should have to and a dam more than any of us have!! I doubt very much she will get it back as this club is worth fcuk all at the mo...

[/quote]

Norwich city is on its knees due to our board!!!people like wrighty boy giving them false support has got us into this mess!!the board has to go, or administration is a real threat!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Norwich city is on its knees due to our board!!!people like wrighty boy giving them false support has got us into this mess!!the board has to go, or administration is a real threat![/quote]Everyone knows we''re in the sh*t. Who do you have lined up as a replacement?

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Norwich city is on its knees due to our board!!!people like wrighty boy giving them false support has got us into this mess!!the board has to go, or administration is a real threat![/quote]Everyone knows we''re in the sh*t. Who do you have lined up as a replacement?[/quote]

Thats the million dollar question... i dont think cullum is a million miles away, if we do go down, people will come knocking, thats 1 thing delia and co has got right and thats the profile of Norwich!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Regardless of the economic situation I don''t believe there''s any chance of Peter Cullum stepping in unless the club goes into administration.  Why?  Because the present owners have done everything possible to keep him out and there''s no reason to think that''s going to change.  Should the club go into admin and matters were taken out of the board''s hands, and PC was in a financial position to step in (possibly as part of a consortium) then there''s reason to hope that he might, but administration is the price we''d have to pay.

People have wondered why he waited until the beginning of July, with the start of the season only just over a month away, to make his second approach.  Fwiw I have a growing feeling that he''d already made it and they''d turned it down flat some time before it became public knowledge, probably before the RNS in fact.  If so, Delia''s comment about "lots of lovely new investment, everything''s fine" looks more and more like using the media to make a two fingered gesture in his direction.  

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Regardless of the economic situation I don''t believe there''s any chance of Peter Cullum stepping in unless the club goes into administration.  Why?  Because the present owners have done everything possible to keep him out and there''s no reason to think that''s going to change.  Should the club go into admin and matters were taken out of the board''s hands, and PC was in a financial position to step in (possibly as part of a consortium) then there''s reason to hope that he might, but administration is the price we''d have to pay.

People have wondered why he waited until the beginning of July, with the start of the season only just over a month away, to make his second approach.  Fwiw I have a growing feeling that he''d already made it and they''d turned it down flat some time before it became public knowledge, probably before the RNS in fact.  If so, Delia''s comment about "lots of lovely new investment, everything''s fine" looks more and more like using the media to make a two fingered gesture in his direction.  

[/quote]

All of which is possible, none of it provable, which brings me back to my original point. We all pin our hopes to different things and, human nature being what it is, we then start to interpret information in particular ways. You see the board as spurning PC''s offer, I  see no serious offer having being made. Maybe one of us 100% right, or maybe,as I suspect, the truth lies somewhere in between.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just wish that Cullum had kept quiet and not raised out hopes with all of his talk about how much of a fan he was and that he wouldn''t see us in a mess, etc. Well, we ARE in a mess and he''s nowhere to be seen.

[/quote]

This is pretty much the problem I have with the whole Cullum issue. A "lifelong fan", who "wouldn''t stand by and see the club go to the wall" is doing just that. I accept that Cullum may  be waiting for administration to get the club cheaply, but a huge amount of damage will have been done by then, some of it possibly irreversable. Would a "lifelong fan" do this? Of course not, but a hard headed businessman would. Unfortunately hard headed businessmen will also cut and run when an acquisition doesn''t live up to expectation or produce the required results within a reasonable timeframe.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Unfortunately hard headed businessmen will also cut and run when an acquisition doesn''t live up to expectation or produce the required results within a reasonable timeframe.

[/quote]A situation which would indubitably arise far sooner if said ''hard headed businessman'' paid hugely over the odds for his acquisition in the first place.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All of which is possible, none of it provable, which brings me back to my original point. We all pin our hopes to different things and, human nature being what it is, we then start to interpret information in particular ways. You see the board as spurning PC''s offer, I  see no serious offer having being made. Maybe one of us 100% right, or maybe,as I suspect, the truth lies somewhere in between.

[/quote]

I believe the board when they say Peter Cullum didn''t made a "formal offer".  But what is a formal offer?  It''s what you do when you want to buy a house, after you have made an informal offer.  You tell the estate agent what you''re willing to pay, he speaks to the vendor and once an agreement is reached you get your solicitor to put it in writing, but there''s no point making a formal offer until an informal offer has been accepted.   

As for interpreting information, yes clearly there are different ways of looking at almost any situation.  But the Guardian unequivocally states that D&M rejected Peter Cullum before preliminary talks were announced shortly after the whole thing went public last July.  It is stated as fact and either it''s correct or it isn''t, but it''s not open to interpretation as far as I can see.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is pretty much the problem I have with the whole Cullum issue. A "lifelong fan", who "wouldn''t stand by and see the club go to the wall" is doing just that. I accept that Cullum may  be waiting for administration to get the club cheaply, but a huge amount of damage will have been done by then, some of it possibly irreversable. Would a "lifelong fan" do this? Of course not, but a hard headed businessman would. Unfortunately hard headed businessmen will also cut and run when an acquisition doesn''t live up to expectation or produce the required results within a reasonable timeframe.

[/quote]

So remind me where Delia was when we were getting relegated from the Prem under Chase?  Where was she when we were hours away from going bust?  How much did she pay for a controlling interest after Watling/Bennett/Armstrong et al had stepped in to bail the club out?  If it applies to one it applies to the other.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe the board when they say Peter Cullum didn''t made a "formal offer".  But what is a formal offer?  It''s what you do when you want to buy a house, after you have made an informal offer.  You tell the estate agent what you''re willing to pay, he speaks to the vendor and once an agreement is reached you get your solicitor to put it in writing, but there''s no point making a formal offer until an informal offer has been accepted.   

As for interpreting information, yes clearly there are different ways of looking at almost any situation.  But the Guardian unequivocally states that D&M rejected Peter Cullum before preliminary talks were announced shortly after the whole thing went public last July.  It is stated as fact and either it''s correct or it isn''t, but it''s not open to interpretation as far as I can see.

[/quote]

I don`t believe PurpleCanary included that little snippet in his "truth about Cullumgate" gate piece did he?  Funny that.....

Cullum stated that he wanted to inject his money through issue of new shares.  There is no such thing as a "formal offer" in that situation, the current board simply have to agree to a vote at an EGM and the investor underwrites the new shares.  Whether a "formal offer" was made or not is a totally irrelevant red herring.