Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

From the Wrath site, re Cullum

"People give Delia enourmous amounts of s**t but at, the end of the day, she has invested over £12m in the Club she loves.

Cullum is a hell of a lot richer but has failed to put his money where his big mouth is."

I''m not a Delia fan, but this is spot on! As the title of the WOTB thread says - ''Norwich Fan? My a88e! 

The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!! Out with the board!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!!

Out with the board!![/quote]Oh dear! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!! Out with the board!![/quote]Oh dear! [:S][/quote]Oh dear what?

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Fair enough. But Cullum says he has been rebuffed twice.[/quote]Cullums is not stupid i guess he pops up at the all the right times, the presure is on........... im sure we will see him next season!

Yep if any real fan had cullums money they wouldn''t think twice about investing, but part of me is thinking maybe he is keeping his cards close and making the board sweat so if he were to come knocking in the summer they may be more willing. I am not a fan of the board and it is time for them to go but they have put alot of their very small fortune compared to cullums into the club and in time i hope thats isn''t forgot

The problem is, amongst many others, is that she is not the chairman. She is the majority shareholder with MWJ and has appointed a Chairman who is very skilled in PR but has no power whatsoever. We have a Chief Executive who has no skill whatever in PR or running a football club. Both these chaps are rolled out to take the flack.

She and MWJ are the only ones who have the power to help this club forward. The best option for the club is for them to sell at a market price if they really have the club''s interest at heart. Similarly Gunny should never have sort the mangers position.

I''m not convinced he was ever seriously interested.  As to how much people think he has now - think we should all reconsider.....

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The problem is, amongst many others, is that she is not the chairman. She is the majority shareholder with MWJ and has appointed a Chairman who is very skilled in PR but has no power whatsoever. We have a Chief Executive who has no skill whatever in PR or running a football club. Both these chaps are rolled out to take the flack.

She and MWJ are the only ones who have the power to help this club forward. The best option for the club is for them to sell at a market price if they really have the club''s interest at heart. Similarly Gunny should never have sort the mangers position.[/quote]

Delia is the public face, thats why her name is used .....but yes you are right.....the lot of the should sell up, and give Norwich City a chance!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"People give Delia enourmous amounts of s**t but at, the end of the day, she has invested over £12m in the Club she loves.[/quote]

No she has not.

She has ''invested'' approx £3,700,000 in share purchases

and she has loaned the club somewhere between £1.5m and £4m as Directors loans (loans which would become repayable upon takeover).

The figure of £11.8m touted around by Munby, and the Delia friendly press was contrived by multiplying the number of shares she owns by the ''NEW'' valuation price of £30.

Delia only purchased a tiny fraction of her shareholding for £30 a share, some were purchased at £25 per share but she purchased her majority shareholding at a hugely reduced price via GW.

No matter how many times the myth is repeated by Waghorn, Munby, Pink ''Un posters or on ''The Froth of The Latte'' this remains a harsh fact and can be verified via the accounts.

Delia has not invested £12,000,000 in this club.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"People give Delia enourmous amounts of s**t but at, the end of the day, she has invested over £12m in the Club she loves.

Cullum is a hell of a lot richer but has failed to put his money where his big mouth is."

I''m not a Delia fan, but this is spot on! As the title of the WOTB thread says - ''Norwich Fan? My a88e! 

[/quote]

Its not spot on at all.

So hes expected to hand over cash because hes got lots of it? If he was in charge then yeah, but since he isn''t, and since our board can''t be trusted to spend it properly if money was given to them, he''s not going to hand over a penny. I bloody wouldn''t unless a more reasonable sum was demanded for shares.

Ask yourself, would you give the club money for nothing with the current board in charge (and have no say regarding where the money goes?)

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

"People give Delia enourmous amounts of s**t but at, the end of the day, she has invested over £12m in the Club she loves.[/quote]

No she has not.

She has ''invested'' approx £3,700,000 in share purchases

and she has loaned the club somewhere between £1.5m and £4m as Directors loans (loans which would become repayable upon takeover).

The figure of £11.8m touted around by Munby, and the Delia friendly press was contrived by multiplying the number of shares she owns by the ''NEW'' valuation price of £30.

Delia only purchased a tiny fraction of her shareholding for £30 a share, some were purchased at £25 per share but she purchased her majority shareholding at a hugely reduced price via GW.

No matter how many times the myth is repeated by Waghorn, Munby, Pink ''Un posters or on ''The Froth of The Latte'' this remains a harsh fact and can be verified via the accounts.

Delia has not invested £12,000,000 in this club.

[/quote]and didn''t GW''s estate bequeath his £1m director loan to NCFC???

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]The problem is, amongst many others, is that she is not the chairman. She is the majority shareholder with MWJ and has appointed a Chairman who is very skilled in PR but has no power whatsoever. We have a Chief Executive who has no skill whatever in PR or running a football club. Both these chaps are rolled out to take the flack. She and MWJ are the only ones who have the power to help this club forward. The best option for the club is for them to sell at a market price if they really have the club''s interest at heart. Similarly Gunny should never have sort the mangers position.[/quote]

Delia is the public face, thats why her name is used .....but yes you are right.....the lot of the should sell up, and give Norwich City a chance!
[/quote]

She''s the Public face when it suits her. Huckerby signing was the best one!! Where is she now?  ''Where are you,Lets be avin you''.....[|-)]

Cullum won''t invest his millions in our club because the current board have been shown that they can''t be trusted to spend it wisely.He hasn''t become a billionaire by handing money blindly to those who have shown to be incompetent with it.

Absolutely right CW and others. Now lay in a darkened room to avoid the happy clappers retorts otherwise you will be like me and get greatly depressed by how these people get sucked in.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Cullum won''t invest his millions in our club because the current board have been shown that they can''t be trusted to spend it wisely.
He hasn''t become a billionaire by handing money blindly to those who have shown to be incompetent with it.
[/quote]

The board have been suffering from the classic boiling frog syndrome. The truth is they should''ve been alive to the situation and found a buyer 3 years ago, it''s not as if the writing hasn''t been on the wall. Worthy''s last close season we were forced to ''GO WITH WHAT WE''VE GOT'' as he famously put it. I think Lee Croft was our one and only acqusition that summer - a winger who can''t cross the ball. So we were scraping the barrel then yet there were no serious attempts to find a buyer who could take the club forward.

The whole Cullum story is a red herring which has distracted everyone from the fact that in the current climate there is no one out there who will meet their asking price or their terms. Onwards to administration for us (despite their spin) because there is no one who will want to take on a division 3 club with a 30 million debt and a rubbish playing squad that needs 15 million quid of rebuilding to stand a chance of promotion, when they can pick it up for a significantly lower sum from the administrators. Only once the debts are cleared can this club move forward.

The club has been weighed down with Cullum since the 20 million for players issue. When you look at his recent comments they all smack of a person who doesn''t really want to be involved in any way shape or form. I bet he wishes he never got involved. We are stuck with the current regime like it or not.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!!

Out with the board!![/quote]Oh dear! [:S][/quote]

Oh dear what?
[/quote]

She''s not chairman, she''s majortiy shareholder alongside her husband. Roger Munby is the chairman.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!!

Out with the board!![/quote]Oh dear! [:S][/quote]

Oh dear what?
[/quote]

Hi Canary Charge, just to explain lappinitup has probably posted "oh dear" because you''re another one who has our beloved owner sussed out. And you''re not an idiot or a fan of moronic posts like "we''re doomed", which he is.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

This is spot on in my opinion. Delia might not be your cup of tea, but at least she''s puther money where her mouth is.

Cullum, despite making £100m this year has kept all of in his pocket.

If he genuinely cared about the club, the community and the fans, he wouldn''t be standing idly by.

It''s pretty typical of fickly football fans though - someone with no track record turns up, drops a couple of quotes into the newspapers and we all see him as the messiah.

Cullum''s quotes suggest he has never offered to buy the club. He wants to take it over, for free - something which isn''t legally possible. So he hasn''t made a genuine offer to the club at all.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]The problem is, amongst many others, is that she is not the chairman. She is the majority shareholder with MWJ and has appointed a Chairman who is very skilled in PR but has no power whatsoever. We have a Chief Executive who has no skill whatever in PR or running a football club. Both these chaps are rolled out to take the flack. She and MWJ are the only ones who have the power to help this club forward. The best option for the club is for them to sell at a market price if they really have the club''s interest at heart. Similarly Gunny should never have sort the mangers position.[/quote]

[/quote]

She''s the Public face when it suits her. Huckerby signing was the best one!! Where is she now?  ''Where are you,Lets be avin you''.....[|-)]

and lets not forget Arthur (as in my opinion alot of people incredibly do) we all know now that if it wasn''t for Karl Moore we wouldn''t have signed Hucks at all.....

Delia Smith, Doncaster, Munby etc whenever questioned on the clubs lack of ambition over the past 5 seasons forcefully countered the questioner by saying "we signed Darren Huckerby didn''t we ?" - this was the one and only thing they had to counter the ambition arguement - yet we all now know if to was down to them we wouldn''t have signed him....

To me this just shows ultimately why we are in the position we are - the board have for season after season not been prepared to invest in the team and it was only a matter of time with the current incumbants in charge following the same strategies that we would end up getting relegated - some fans saw this coming some time ago, some chose to ignore it, some couldn''t see it at all and still don''t - hopefully relegation will make them realise that Saint Delia and her cronies and her vision of what a football club should be have led us in to this position.

[/quote]

the only way i see the club being to sold to anyone - is if its a forced sale - either cos of administration - or by the bank withdrawing overdraft facilities - - - if we stay in the champs - there''s little prospect of a sale in my view,,,or more inward investment - i suspect naaarwich is viewed rather oddly from the investment community - given the way cullum was treated???he certainly carries more credibility than smith and jones in the city of london by dare i suggest a wide margin???it seems only naarwich fans would rubbish the mans integrity and motives for buying the club - while lining up and happy clapping behind the present failing board...you couldn''t make it up - and is seems they are still doing it on here and the wrath site!!!

oh well - in for a penny - league 1 here we come - "delia''s barmy army...delia''s barmy army!!!"[:D]never a truer word said???[:(]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!! Out with the board!![/quote]Get your facts straight.  She and MWJ are the majority shareholders.  Munby is the chairman.

Miste Chops before you comment read the posts!!! As said 3 or 4 times before you piped in,this has be solved!! Im well aware of our chairman and board members!!!

Just a quick oneto other posters, there are some great posts on this wraith debate, keep up the good work!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!! Out with the board!![/quote]Get your facts straight.  She and MWJ are the majority shareholders.  Munby is the chairman.[/quote]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]The facts lie like this, Delia will recoup all her money when she sells! she has publicity off the back of Norwich which, if we added up probably covers half that amount!! She is our chairman, and chairman''s take on the role with a view to spending money, it is not my problem she has taken on a club to big for her!!!

Out with the board!!
[/quote]

Good post apart from the bits in red. Which quite simply are''nt true.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The club has been weighed down with Cullum since the 20 million for players issue. When you look at his recent comments they all smack of a person who doesn''t really want to be involved in any way shape or form. I bet he wishes he never got involved. We are stuck with the current regime like it or not.
[/quote]

I agree that Cullum is now desperately trying to distance himself from the issue. However, the runaway horse can''t be stopped now and regardless of how many clear statements he makes about not buying the club you will always find lots of people on here bringing up the "he''s a clever businessman biding his time" or "he''s just keeping his cards close to his chest" lines. Before the bombs start falling on my head, let me make the following clear:

1 I want to see the club under the control of new, ambitious owners.

2 If those owners are headed by Peter Cullum and he is truly committed to taking the club forward then that''s fine by me.

3 I am not criticising those who cling to the belief that he will buy the club in the face of all evidence and logic, although I think they''re wrong. We all need something to hope for, because the prospect of lurching onward under the current regime is not a comfortable one.However, I believe our salvation must be found elsewhere.