Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Overpaid Failures

Does anyone have any idea what sort of wage our players earn each week?I sometimes feel like they are taking the p*ss out of us. If for example Jamie Cureton earns £7,000 a week (just a guess) how can he sleep at night knowing that not only has he not earned that money by performing well but also that it comes directly out of the pockets of us the fans ordinary working people who probebly in many cases spend money we don''t have to attend Carrow Road?I can''t afford a season ticket so miss out on watching the club i love, so the likes of fotheringham can have an extra couple of grand a week. I say the entire first team squad should give 50% of thier wages back for the past year and refund it to season ticket holders! Will never happen but it should.  

I reckon the average is about £5000 p/w, I''m sure people like Marshall, Curo and Croft are on a higher income (maybe about £8k?)

All guesstimates but I should think no one at the club is paid over £10,000 p/w.

I know it''s only a game but I''ve always found Football Manager pretty accurate and they do strive for accuracy when they make their games. So according to FM2009....

Cureton, Doherty, Marshall, Drury and Croft are our biggest earners at £5k per week. I think Chadwick may be on a fair whack too. People like Fozzy and Lappin are only on about £3k or £2k a week as are the rest of the squad.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I know it''s only a game but I''ve always found Football Manager pretty accurate and they do strive for accuracy when they make their games. So according to FM2009....

Cureton, Doherty, Marshall, Drury and Croft are our biggest earners at £5k per week. I think Chadwick may be on a fair whack too. People like Fozzy and Lappin are only on about £3k or £2k a week as are the rest of the squad.

[/quote]only 3k a week eh? The poor lambs.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Does anyone have any idea what sort of wage our players earn each week?

I sometimes feel like they are taking the p*ss out of us. If for example Jamie Cureton earns £7,000 a week (just a guess) how can he sleep at night knowing that not only has he not earned that money by performing well but also that it comes directly out of the pockets of us the fans ordinary working people who probebly in many cases spend money we don''t have to attend Carrow Road?

I can''t afford a season ticket so miss out on watching the club i love, so the likes of fotheringham can have an extra couple of grand a week.

I say the entire first team squad should give 50% of thier wages back for the past year and refund it to season ticket holders!

Will never happen but it should.

[/quote]

Very easilly I should imagine................I know I would![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Does anyone have any idea what sort of wage our players earn each week?

I sometimes feel like they are taking the p*ss out of us. If for example Jamie Cureton earns £7,000 a week (just a guess) how can he sleep at night knowing that not only has he not earned that money by performing well but also that it comes directly out of the pockets of us the fans ordinary working people who probebly in many cases spend money we don''t have to attend Carrow Road?

I can''t afford a season ticket so miss out on watching the club i love, so the likes of fotheringham can have an extra couple of grand a week.

I say the entire first team squad should give 50% of thier wages back for the past year and refund it to season ticket holders!

Will never happen but it should.[/quote]Very easilly I should imagine................I know I would![:D][/quote]Read that sentence again wiz but change Jamie to Mark Fotheringham and I bet you would have given a totally different answer.[:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Will never happen but it should.[/quote]Very easilly I should imagine................I know I would![:D][/quote]Read that sentence again wiz but change Jamie to Mark Fotheringham and I bet you would have given a totally different answer.[:)]

[/quote]

Honestly no Lapps, if I got paid 7 grand a week, I''d sleep very well indeed!

If I got £7000 a week a buy lots of different women and not get any sleep at all.........

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Does anyone have any idea what sort of wage our players earn each week?I sometimes feel like they are taking the p*ss out of us. If for example Jamie Cureton earns £7,000 a week (just a guess) how can he sleep at night knowing that not only has he not earned that money by performing well but also that it comes directly out of the pockets of us the fans ordinary working people who probebly in many cases spend money we don''t have to attend Carrow Road?I can''t afford a season ticket so miss out on watching the club i love, so the likes of fotheringham can have an extra couple of grand a week. I say the entire first team squad should give 50% of thier wages back for the past year and refund it to season ticket holders! Will never happen but it should.[/quote]Very easilly I should imagine................I know I would![:D][/quote]Read that sentence again wiz but change Jamie to Mark Fotheringham and I bet you would have given a totally different answer.[:)]

[/quote]

Honestly no Lapps, if I got paid 7 grand a week, I''d sleep very well indeed!

[/quote]Knowing that £££ came from the pockets of hard working city fans? is that how much contempt you have for us?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote]

You are joking about Fozzy being on £3000pw aren''t you, more like £8000. I thought I''d read somwhere that we had 2 high earners £8k - £10k, the average wage was £5k.

You can bet your bottom dollar that some of the loan players we''ve had were also on about £10k or more.

It is simply immoral to run a huge loss making business yet reward your employees out of all proportion to your financial performance. It applies to banks so it should apply to football. We need that salary capping legislation and quick!