Sign in to follow this  
olster

megson

I think that GM sacking is possibly the worst thing that could have happened from our point of view, lets face it they''ve been rubbish & have had 2 terrible results over the past fortnight, with rumours of players not playing for the manager etc, the whole place looked to be in freefall, The new man will start with a clean slate and potenially a decent squad (earnshaw, kanu, koumas,etc) all now have the chance to impress, look at the upturn in Newcastle''s fortunes since the changes there.  

I say we need to get old Wiz to get out his collection of hexes and make the board at Albion pick the redoubtable Micky Adams. That way we''ll see no change in playing style and hopefully they''ll stay where they are......

I''m not sure that we will need a hex - I think the baggies management couldnt make a good decision if it was the only one available. .

With the exception of Bobby Robson the candidates being mentioned are Bryan Robson, Gerard Houllier and Micky Adams. If that is the calibre of candidates they are looking at then I am fairly confident any improvement in performance will be short lived!

OTBC

i personally think they are lost without him. he is actually quite a good manager although i dont like to admit it. but i think it will be somebody either frm a lower league like paul jewell ormaybe even sir bobby robson but i dont think houllier would want the job.

This isn''t a job opportunity - its a curse.

And on that basis, the candidates seeking this role will be the usual ragbag of has-beens and flops.

Can''t see any of those currently said to be interested being formidable enough to make a huge difference. Houllier, Robson the elder, Robson the younger, Adams, Hoddle etc shouldn''t worry us. Wonder if Joe''ll go for it??

Is there a surprise package lurking somewhere? Can''t think of one.

And as for Megson - where to next for him.

Back to the old division of course where he can once again move with Messrs Pardew, Warnock, Royal, etc Ho,ho, ho.

I just can''t imagine Paul Jewell going there right now with Wigan going great guns in the fizzy.  (Would be a bit like Worthy being poached by, say, Wolves or Leeds a year ago).  Doesn''t seem a better prospect than what he''s got right now, IMO.

There is no way Paul Jewell will go there, he would have to be crazier than a wheelbarrow full of frogs.

And as for the Micky Adams reference about "not changing their playing style", I am afraid Morph that nothing could be further from the truth.