Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Blame Cullum just as much as Delia.

Yeah thats right, you heard. Cullum has played a huge part in our downfall. Causing unrest amongst the fans, the management, the players. People not getting behind the team and criticising the board.Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint the club.But...... I can guarentee that 2 months of unrest and unhappiness amongst the fans was worth at least 3 months.New players wondering whether the manager that brought them in was going to chopped by the new owner. Existing players wondering whether or not the £5 million on players would get a good player in their position.The board wondering whether an offer was actually going to come in, thus not spending on the club if somebody else was going to come and do it for them.Be ashamed Cullum, be ashamed. Your an attention grabbing ego who has no right to call themselves a fan. Where were you when we needed you? nowhere. When did we need you? we needed you in January.You have just as much right as anybody to keep hold of your money and not to spend it on something that you want, but you have absolutely no right whatsoever to play mind games with tens of thousands of everyday people that love this club nearly as much as they love their children.Your not a fan, and if this club had strong leaders they would have taken your hospitality box from you months ago.Break a leg ;-)

[quote user="ryan85k"]But...... I can guarentee that 2 months of unrest and unhappiness amongst the fans was worth at least 3 months.[/quote]I mean 3 points

Whatever Cullum did or didn''t do has had no effect on this club whatsoever!! He was not the one who has seen the recruitment of managers,players and internal staff nor the getting rid of the likes of Huckerby, the non signing of Taylor and the removal of a back room team.

The fact that this board hid behing the smokescreen speaks loads of their desparation and the fact that they were clueless on how to run this football club. Maybe Cullum gained PR from the saga but our board should have knocked it into touch and moved on with the daily business about running this club. Instead they used it like a Labour PR spin machine to sidestep the normal business of running this club.

Cullum has never once had a hand in the Huckerby saga,the signing of Taylor,the recruitment of Roeder and his Newcastle back team,the hiring of the Gunn super team,the sacking of back room staff and all the other sagas that this board have let happen. The board should have been alot firmer in their response and at times their silence was deafening because it said the real truth about Delia and her cronies!

Don''t go looking for scapegoats when the real culprits are staring us in the face!!

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Whatever Cullum did or didn''t do has had no effect on this club whatsoever!! He was not the one who has seen the recruitment of managers,players and internal staff nor the getting rid of the likes of Huckerby, the non signing of Taylor and the removal of a back room team.

The fact that this board hid behing the smokescreen speaks loads of their desparation and the fact that they were clueless on how to run this football club. Maybe Cullum gained PR from the saga but our board should have knocked it into touch and moved on with the daily business about running this club. Instead they used it like a Labour PR spin machine to sidestep the normal business of running this club.

Cullum has never once had a hand in the Huckerby saga,the signing of Taylor,the recruitment of Roeder and his Newcastle back team,the hiring of the Gunn super team,the sacking of back room staff and all the other sagas that this board have let happen. The board should have been alot firmer in their response and at times their silence was deafening because it said the real truth about Delia and her cronies!

Don''t go looking for scapegoats when the real culprits are staring us in the face!!

[/quote]Ive already said that I am not taking much blame away from Delia and co, yes your quite right, they dont know how to run this football club, have appointed two awful managers who have bought sub standard players, released our most exciting player, sold good players and didnt invest the money back into the squad. You dont have to promote your anti board beliefs to me, I can out argue any pro delia muppet.... trust me. At the same time, irrespective of Delia and Co..... in fact why dont you just completely remove them from the equation. Why did Cullum use the press to stir up the fans? Why did he feel the need to go to Archant to be PICTURED and state clearly that he wanted to invest in the club, before making no offer whatsoever for our football club?Do you think that this had no effect whatsoever on the atmosphere at Carrow Road? Do you think that this had absolutely no effect on the atmosphere at Colney and in the club?He stirred up some emotions that left Carrow Road gloomier than ever, the fans stopped getting behind the team, thats exactly the kind of atmosphere that promotes unconfident and frustrated performances.I disagree with you entirely. Cullum has played a part in making our season what it is. If the fans didnt think that there were better people than Delia out there (which at the moment their evidently isnt) then they would have got behind whatever team was thrown out onto carrow road.The fans are the 12th man, and we have been the 12th man for our recent better form. We didnt have a 12th man for at least two months whilst the Cullumgate stuff was happening, and I firmly believe that the 12th man during those 2 months would have earnt us at least 3 points, probably more.No cullum = No bad atmosphere.No bad atmosphere = happier, more confident playersHappier, more confident players = More good results.More good results = Higher league positionHigher league position = no relegation.No relegation = Better squad next season.Better squad next season = happier city.

Cullum is a t*sser.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="canaryfan68"]

[/quote]Ive already said that I am not taking much blame away from Delia and co, yes your quite right, they dont know how to run this football club, have appointed two awful managers who have bought sub standard players, released our most exciting player, sold good players and didnt invest the money back into the squad. You dont have to promote your anti board beliefs to me, I can out argue any pro delia muppet.... trust me. At the same time, irrespective of Delia and Co..... in fact why dont you just completely remove them from the equation. Why did Cullum use the press to stir up the fans? Why did he feel the need to go to Archant to be PICTURED and state clearly that he wanted to invest in the club, before making no offer whatsoever for our football club?Do you think that this had no effect whatsoever on the atmosphere at Carrow Road? Do you think that this had absolutely no effect on the atmosphere at Colney and in the club?He stirred up some emotions that left Carrow Road gloomier than ever, the fans stopped getting behind the team, thats exactly the kind of atmosphere that promotes unconfident and frustrated performances.I disagree with you entirely. Cullum has played a part in making our season what it is. If the fans didnt think that there were better people than Delia out there (which at the moment their evidently isnt) then they would have got behind whatever team was thrown out onto carrow road.The fans are the 12th man, and we have been the 12th man for our recent better form. We didnt have a 12th man for at least two months whilst the Cullumgate stuff was happening, and I firmly believe that the 12th man during those 2 months would have earnt us at least 3 points, probably more.No cullum = No bad atmosphere.No bad atmosphere = happier, more confident playersHappier, more confident players = More good results.More good results = Higher league positionHigher league position = no relegation.No relegation = Better squad next season.Better squad next season = happier city.

Cullum is a t*sser.[/quote]Have you actually been to a match?? i don''t know any Norwich fans that havent got behind the team!!! Of course there are issues with the board due to there miss management and the lack of investment, the only issues i see are Fans backing the board, giving them confidence to continue in there bad management!!The fact is Delia and co didnt want cullums money, for what reason we might never know.........but from a fans eye she turned it down, know you cant Blame cullum for that!The manager manages the team, the board picks the manager,The board fronts the managers ambitionambition is what the board need.Need some luck tomorrow.I for 1 hope cullum comes, or adminstration is a real threat and delia and co are theonly ones to blame!!!

I''ve read some crap on here...''Blame Cullum just as much as Delia''''Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint  the club''So Delia has ruint (sic) the club and Cullum should share the blame because Archant reports and seeks out quotes from him etc etc.  Fluck me I thought Wiz had funny views, I thing this guy has just topped him.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="canaryfan68"]

Cullum is a t*sser.[/quote]Have you actually been to a match?? i don''t know any Norwich fans that havent got behind the team!!! Of course there are issues with the board due to there miss management and the lack of investment, the only issues i see are Fans backing the board, giving them confidence to continue in there bad management!!The fact is Delia and co didnt want cullums money, for what reason we might never know.........but from a fans eye she turned it down, know you cant Blame cullum for that!The manager manages the team, the board picks the manager,The board fronts the managers ambitionambition is what the board need.Need some luck tomorrow.I for 1 hope cullum comes, or adminstration is a real threat and delia and co are theonly ones to blame!!![/quote]Whats the point in having an anti-delia argument with somebody that is already anti-delia? It strays completely away from my point, which is about Cullum.Have I been to a match? dont patronise me, have you been to a match before 3 seasons ago? Carrow Road has been at its most dead and gloomy for years for most of this season, the Barclay werent singing for months, no creative songs, no real passion or fight.  Its you that hasnt been to enough matches mate. Yeah they have got behind the team recently, and always do away from home, but their have been some of the quietest games I have known at times this year.Delia didnt turn down any offer, she had it in writing that no offer was made, Archant had it in writing that no offer was made. This is all a foregone conclusion, Cullum had the talk but not the walk. He never had any intention of making a serious offer and didnt.Get your facts straight.

[quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]I''ve read some crap on here...''Blame Cullum just as much as Delia''''Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint  the club''So Delia has ruint (sic) the club and Cullum should share the blame because Archant reports and seeks out quotes from him etc etc.  Fluck me I thought Wiz had funny views, I thing this guy has just topped him.[/quote]Rubbish, Peter Cullum''s first article was an intentional effort on his behalf to seek publicity, and he even posed for the photograph. This club would have been better off if Cullum had stayed out of the equation.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]I''ve read some crap on here...

''Blame Cullum just as much as Delia''

''Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint  the club''

So Delia has ruint (sic) the club and Cullum should share the blame because Archant reports and seeks out quotes from him etc etc.  Fluck me I thought Wiz had funny views, I thing this guy has just topped him.

[/quote]

Rubbish, Peter Cullum''s first article was an intentional effort on his behalf to seek publicity, and he even posed for the photograph. This club would have been better off if Cullum had stayed out of the equation.
[/quote]

In my opinion all Cullum did was divide the fans, he thought he could use them to get onside so he could buy the club for nothing. If he was serious he wouldn''t have gone public, how many of his business acquisitions were done via the press? However we not have heard the last, he might be back in the EDP next week if the worst happens tomorrow knowing it would be the right time to try and broker a deal on the cheap!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]I''ve read some crap on here...''Blame Cullum just as much as Delia''''Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint  the club''So Delia has ruint (sic) the club and Cullum should share the blame because Archant reports and seeks out quotes from him etc etc.  Fluck me I thought Wiz had funny views, I thing this guy has just topped him.[/quote]Rubbish, Peter Cullum''s first article was an intentional effort on his behalf to seek publicity, and he even posed for the photograph. This club would have been better off if Cullum had stayed out of the equation. [/quote]It''s easy to ruin a club these days then.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]I''ve read some crap on here...''Blame Cullum just as much as Delia''''Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint  the club''So Delia has ruint (sic) the club and Cullum should share the blame because Archant reports and seeks out quotes from him etc etc.  Fluck me I thought Wiz had funny views, I thing this guy has just topped him.[/quote]Rubbish, Peter Cullum''s first article was an intentional effort on his behalf to seek publicity, and he even posed for the photograph. This club would have been better off if Cullum had stayed out of the equation. [/quote]

In my opinion all Cullum did was divide the fans, he thought he could use them to get onside so he could buy the club for nothing. If he was serious he wouldn''t have gone public, how many of his business acquisitions were done via the press? However we not have heard the last, he might be back in the EDP next week if the worst happens tomorrow knowing it would be the right time to try and broker a deal on the cheap!

[/quote]I don''t disagree with that.  I disagree with Ryan in effect saying Cullum ruined the club

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="canaryfan68"]

[/quote]

Ive already said that I am not taking much blame away from Delia and co, yes your quite right, they dont know how to run this football club, have appointed two awful managers who have bought sub standard players, released our most exciting player, sold good players and didnt invest the money back into the squad. You dont have to promote your anti board beliefs to me, I can out argue any pro delia muppet.... trust me. At the same time, irrespective of Delia and Co..... in fact why dont you just completely remove them from the equation. Why did Cullum use the press to stir up the fans? Why did he feel the need to go to Archant to be PICTURED and state clearly that he wanted to invest in the club, before making no offer whatsoever for our football club?Do you think that this had no effect whatsoever on the atmosphere at Carrow Road? Do you think that this had absolutely no effect on the atmosphere at Colney and in the club?He stirred up some emotions that left Carrow Road gloomier than ever, the fans stopped getting behind the team, thats exactly the kind of atmosphere that promotes unconfident and frustrated performances.I disagree with you entirely. Cullum has played a part in making our season what it is. If the fans didnt think that there were better people than Delia out there (which at the moment their evidently isnt) then they would have got behind whatever team was thrown out onto carrow road.The fans are the 12th man, and we have been the 12th man for our recent better form. We didnt have a 12th man for at least two months whilst the Cullumgate stuff was happening, and I firmly believe that the 12th man during those 2 months would have earnt us at least 3 points, probably more.No cullum = No bad atmosphere.No bad atmosphere = happier, more confident playersHappier, more confident players = More good results.More good results = Higher league positionHigher league position = no relegation.No relegation = Better squad next season.Better squad next season = happier city.

Cullum is a t*sser.[/quote]Have you actually been to a match?? i don''t know any Norwich fans that havent got behind the team!!! Of course there are issues with the board due to there miss management and the lack of investment, the only issues i see are Fans backing the board, giving them confidence to continue in there bad management!!The fact is Delia and co didnt want cullums money, for what reason we might never know.........but from a fans eye she turned it down, know you cant Blame cullum for that!The manager manages the team, the board picks the manager,The board fronts the managers ambitionambition is what the board need.Need some luck tomorrow.I for 1 hope cullum comes, or adminstration is a real threat and delia and co are theonly ones to blame!!![/quote]Whats the point in having an anti-delia argument with somebody that is already anti-delia? It strays completely away from my point, which is about Cullum.Have I been to a match? dont patronise me, have you been to a match before 3 seasons ago? Carrow Road has been at its most dead and gloomy for years for most of this season, the Barclay werent singing for months, no creative songs, no real passion or fight.  Its you that hasnt been to enough matches mate. Yeah they have got behind the team recently, and always do away from home, but their have been some of the quietest games I have known at times this year.Delia didnt turn down any offer, she had it in writing that no offer was made, Archant had it in writing that no offer was made. This is all a foregone conclusion, Cullum had the talk but not the walk. He never had any intention of making a serious offer and didnt.Get your facts straight.[/quote]

Munich.........Liverpool last kop game....Aysome park quailerfing for

europe,semi at hillsborough and villa, season ticket from 1990.......do you want me to go on????

As for cullum invest or not he is not part of our board and isnt making desicions on footballing matters, Hence sticking firmly to board out!!!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]I''ve read some crap on here...''Blame Cullum just as much as Delia''''Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint  the club''So Delia has ruint (sic) the club and Cullum should share the blame because Archant reports and seeks out quotes from him etc etc.  Fluck me I thought Wiz had funny views, I thing this guy has just topped him.[/quote]Rubbish, Peter Cullum''s first article was an intentional effort on his behalf to seek publicity, and he even posed for the photograph. This club would have been better off if Cullum had stayed out of the equation. [/quote]

[/quote]Well i''ve only got one more thing to say about this thread, considering I have contradicted myself and thus would like it to die a death, and that is that I sincerely hope that Rupethebear is right with his last statement........ I dont think the fans would let it rest this time.

I don''t and can''t blame Cullum for where we are.  I do however know where the OP is coming from and while I don''t blame Cullum, no one can say that what he did was helpful by any means. To me, all Cullum has done over this whole thing has stroked his own ego and shown a complete disregard and disrespect to our club.  If he was a real fan, he would not have dragged it through the mud in some stupid power game he seemed to be playing.  He claims he is a real fan but yet he continually rocks the boat.  People keep blaming Archant for his frequent quotes in the papers but he doesn''t have to speak to Archant if he doesn''t want to.  It seems to me though that Archant never seem to have any problem getting hold of him or a statement and clearly he loves winding everyone up.When was the last time Cullum actually attended CR for a game?

The games I have been to this season which are away games I hasten to add, the fans have only been downbeat for one main reason which is the performance of the team.

Yes the shower that has wore the shirt this season has been the reason for any discord amongst the fans I have been sat around, perhaps the managers incompetence too!!

I know we have a tendency to pigeon hole the reason for failures and problems in these times but it boils down to total incompetence of the board regardless if the Cullum PR machine went into overdrive. Again our inept board had the chance to dismiss it but they remained tightlipped about the whole affair until too late.

Cullum was at the Reading game.

What on earth is wrong with these Cullum critics. i really despair.

What do you critics of his do for a living?

Do you live in the real world?

My God!

Personally I would not believe a word that Delia says, nor Peter Cullum or, to link all three together, Charles Clarke MP.  And they are all linked together.

Sixty eight this year and I grow more cynical by the hour.

It wasn''t Cullum''s idea to invest in you.  It was Clarke''s.  If it was his idea or if he was broking for someone else both of them refuse to say.  For all I know, and this is a guess by me, Cullum got bored with the halfwit - I am the real Prime Minister you never had - and agreed to ring up Your Cook.  There are hundreds out there bored sh*tless by the Honourable Member for Norwich (South)/

But the died in the wool Norwich fan - after being stuffed by an infantile Charlie George which saw Peter switch to insurance  lest he not even make it in the yet to be invented Conference League - hadn''t even thought of investing in Norwich City before he got unfortunately seated next to Big Ears (Norwich  South) who then suggested the idea.

But, anyway, late at night Cullum thought he should approach Norwich City after being burdened with Clarke''s idea (s) for a couple of hours.  But not his idea.

In the email  posted on this message board Mr Cullum laments your home performance v Reading which he attended.

This died in the wool Norwich fan has a box at Norwich but originally this died in the wool fan did not buy it.  His place in the corporate boxes was purchased along with a very small Norwich company long before the insurance industry and/or Norwich City went tits up.

Little old Norwich?  Not in spirit, no, but in information?  Absolutely, yes.

Yours faithfully,

Scum Of The Earth

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

But the died in the wool

[/quote]It''s dyed, ffs!Sorry, but after the third time it got annoying.Need a proof reader?Can you afford one this good?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

But the died in the wool

[/quote]

It''s dyed, ffs!
Sorry, but after the third time it got annoying.
Need a proof reader?
Can you afford one this good?

[/quote]

It was a play on words.  Some of you think you are gone for. 

We will see.

I get the overall impression that most of your posters think you are died rather than dyed.

And quite a lot appear to be enjoying same.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

But the died in the wool

[/quote]

It''s dyed, ffs!
Sorry, but after the third time it got annoying.
Need a proof reader?
Can you afford one this good?

[/quote]

We will see.

I get the overall impression that most of your posters think you are died rather than dyed.

[/quote]

PS: It would be a hard choice this end: the Ipswich lot coming on your board or you simply doing the job for them.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

But the died in the wool

[/quote]It''s dyed, ffs!Sorry, but after the third time it got annoying.Need a proof reader?Can you afford one this good?

[/quote]

We will see.

[/quote]

PS: It would be a hard choice this end: the Ipswich lot coming on your board or you simply doing the job for them.

[/quote]Ain''t that the truth.Again, sign of the times.

[quote user="ryan85k"]Yeah thats right, you heard. Cullum has played a huge part in our downfall.

Causing unrest amongst the fans, the management, the players. People not getting behind the team and criticising the board.

Dont get me wrong, Im not taking much of the blame away from Doncaster and Delia - they have ruint the club.

But...... I can guarentee that 2 months of unrest and unhappiness amongst the fans was worth at least 3 months.

New players wondering whether the manager that brought them in was going to chopped by the new owner. Existing players wondering whether or not the £5 million on players would get a good player in their position.

The board wondering whether an offer was actually going to come in, thus not spending on the club if somebody else was going to come and do it for them.

Be ashamed Cullum, be ashamed. Your an attention grabbing ego who has no right to call themselves a fan. Where were you when we needed you? nowhere. When did we need you? we needed you in January.

You have just as much right as anybody to keep hold of your money and not to spend it on something that you want, but you have absolutely no right whatsoever to play mind games with tens of thousands of everyday people that love this club nearly as much as they love their children.

Your not a fan, and if this club had strong leaders they would have taken your hospitality box from you months ago.

Break a leg ;-)
[/quote]

Cullum can''t be blamed for anything, if you want to blame anyone blame Archant for their pathetic ''breaking news'' story during last summer that we were going to be taken over by him, and their continuous stories concerning this throughout the season all the way up to the present day when clearly nothing was ever going to happen.

If anything it is Archant who should be blamed for the constant unrest this story has caused.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I don''t and can''t blame Cullum for where we are.  I do however know where the OP is coming from and while I don''t blame Cullum, no one can say that what he did was helpful by any means. To me, all Cullum has done over this whole thing has stroked his own ego and shown a complete disregard and disrespect to our club.  If he was a real fan, he would not have dragged it through the mud in some stupid power game he seemed to be playing.  He claims he is a real fan but yet he continually rocks the boat.  People keep blaming Archant for his frequent quotes in the papers but he doesn''t have to speak to Archant if he doesn''t want to.  It seems to me though that Archant never seem to have any problem getting hold of him or a statement and clearly he loves winding everyone up.When was the last time Cullum actually attended CR for a game?[/quote]I''ve heard this before about Cullum only attending one game a season. I know he has an exc. box but does he go to games?

All Cullum did was play the game. He wanted in but on terms that were unacceptable to the current owners, so he arranged a PR piece with Archant to get the fans onside. There''s nothing wrong with that and I''d imagine it''s fairly standard practice. I probably wouldn''t have bothered with it all if I had that much money and wanted to buy the club but I guess that''s why he''s a billionairre and I''m not [;)]A quick look on here just after the story broke made it look as if his strategy had worked but this seems less certain now (either down to stubbornness on Delias part , boredom on Cullums part or economic conditions, take you pick). The problem is that too many people focus on the emotional issues of the story (Cullum''s a life long City fan who played for the club as a boy and Delia ''saved'' NCFC/was once pictured holding an Ipswich scarf) and ignore the facts, or rather the lack of facts in this case.That is what leads to threads such as this being created which as far as I am concerned are complete nonsense [:D]