Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

£2000 per week

[quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Does anyone really know what players do/will earn ?

It seems to me that someone comes up with some unsubstantiated figure then everybody jumps in and discusses it as gospel !

[/quote]Yes, its been published several times.Average Championship:-   £195,750Average League One:- £67,850Average League Two:-  £49,600That was 2006 figures. Therefore, the bloke on this thread who earns a grand a week is better off than most league one or league two players. If you looked at the median wages, they would be quite a bit less, when you take into consideration the odd high earner. For example, if the figures were this years then Leicester and Leeds would be bumping up the average for league one.There is some great myths and stereotypes surrounding footballers, but their are league two players then become builders, teachers, policemen, firemen etc etc and earn more than they did playing.One of my PE teachers played professional cricket and he told me that at the time (early 90''s) he was earning more than the average second tier footballer.[/quote]

Based on these figures, although up to 3 years old, the average wage for a championship player was circa £4K a week. No wonder so many people on here have such strong opinions about over paid footballers who fail to deliver. How many hours a week do they play/train and compare this to how long hours the rest of us have to put in. If you make it as a top pro you are very well looked after compared to the average punter. A classic example is Cody, he has been given his chance as a footballer and after working on a building site he realises how lucky he is and you can tell how hungry he was on Monday night, get 11 of these guys with this type of attitude and we would be top of the league!!

[/quote]

The fact that I completely agreed with your last point and yet you still want to argue with me is just, well, a shame. If you want to argue about overpaid people, **why dont you tell me what you do for a job**, so that I can tell you how lucky you are to earn £30 an hour whilst 2 million people are unemployed?[/quote][/quote]

The forum is all about NCFC so let''s not get personal, how can you tell me that I get £30 a hour when you don''t know how many hours I work or what I get paid or that I have over 25 years experience in my role? If you want to discuss it over a pint I will buy you one tomorow at the game!

[/quote]Lol. I never intended this to get personal, I wasnt actually being critical of how much YOU earn, in fact I was solely defending footballers.... mainly because I have family members that are footballers, and really dont earn as much as you might think. I was merely pointing out that if, for example, you earnt £30 an hour.... that £30 an hour is the same to somebody earning £15 an hour as a footballers £60 an hour is to you.  Anyway, one cause an all that, I agreed completely with your point about our football club paying at least some of our players far too much money, and we can at least agree on that. We might stay up yet, and I dont want to forget that ;-)Best wishes.

Thats about £1,750 a week more than I get...

Its not rocket science to realise that if we go down today, most, if not all, of the ''bigger'' names will be running for the exit.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

If you fail in my job you get the sack, if you fail at Carrow Road you get 10 weeks off on full pay, just ask Fozzy and Patty!

[/quote]

And made permanent manager![:S]