Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

£2000 per week

A cap of £2000 per week will be the  max paid by NCFC next season if we go down  . So its goodby to the  main stays of our first team .

[quote user="slaphead"]A cap of £2000 per week will be the  max paid by NCFC next season if we go down  . So its goodby to the  main stays of our first team .[/quote]

Most of them will have gone anyhow regardless of the wages cap, it''s called rats deserting a sinking ship, and who could blame them?

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

That would make Neil Doncaster the highest paid person at the club...

I assume he''s taking a cut too?

[/quote]

Don''t be silly now lol

[quote user="slaphead"]A cap of £2000 per week will be the  max paid by NCFC next season if we go down  . So its goodby to the  main stays of our first team .[/quote]

Dont think it will be that low more like £5k half of what it is now.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]That is 25% of my ANNUAL pension. Oh! to be young and on City''s books, and if this season is anything to go by, the ability to play football at a reasonable standard is not a requirement!!!!

[quote user="slaphead"]A cap of £2000 per week will be the  max paid by NCFC next season if we go down  . So its goodby to the  main stays of our first team .[/quote]Good. In my opinion we only have two permanent players that are even worth 2k a week. Thats Sammy Clingan and Lee Croft. The rest of them are league one material anyway.I doubt it will be that low though, the average wage might be that, but even our board know that we are going to need a few good players to have a chance next year.I think that we should have 5 key players on 5k per week (e.g. Shackell, Lee, Mooney, Clingan (we can dream),Doherty)And then the rest being up and coming young players, e.g McDonald, Spillane, A.N. Others on 2.5k a week with a promise of double if they can get promoted.Giving ambitous players something to dream about and aim for is exactly what we need, instead of a load of rich journeymen with enough money in their pots to retire tomorrow.Remember the Walker days? Llewellyn, Bellamy, Marshall etc etc........ our wage bill was half of what it is now, and we played some exciting attacking football. Ok so they werent world beaters, but we all took a shine to them.

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]That is 25% of my ANNUAL pension. Oh! to be young and on City''s books, and if this season is anything to go by, the ability to play football at a reasonable standard is not a requirement!!!![/quote]Indeed, I bet you move faster in the pension queue then some of them are on the pitch as well. I''d get down to Colney on Monday and ask for a trial, your not going to be any less effective than Sibierski...... you only have to stand offside and wait for the ball to hit you on the head.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]

Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e!
[/quote]

If you fail in my job you get the sack, if you fail at Carrow Road you get 10 weeks off on full pay, just ask Fozzy and Patty!

[quote user="slaphead"]A cap of £2000 per week will be the  max paid by NCFC next season if we go down  . So its goodby to the  main stays of our first team .[/quote]No idea if your figure is right - but couldn''t there be massive bonuses if we get promoted at the first time of asking? I can see some of the more settled and older players being tempted by that sort of package - at least for a season.

[quote user="slaphead"]A cap of £2000 per week will be the  max paid by NCFC next season if we go down  . So its goodby to the  main stays of our first team .[/quote]It would probably be goodbye to everyone if that were to be the case. Should think it would be more like £4,000 per week.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]

If you fail in my job you get the sack, if you fail at Carrow Road you get 10 weeks off on full pay, just ask Fozzy and Patty!

[/quote]You also have a 2% chance at 16 in an academy to make a living at all, and then 10 years of keeping your head screwed on enough to make sure you make enough money to last you a lifetime, before trying to muster another living with no qualifications other than gcse''s. Ask Mark Rivers, Phil Mulryne....... in fact ask Adrian Coote if he can retire?The reality is that most league two and conference players play for the love of the game and have many friends that went to university and end up earning a lot more money. I know two ex Norwich players who, when released from YTS terms, chose university over conference contracts...... one of whom now earns as much as any norwich player in the big smoke.You make it sound so rosy, but only the very fortunate make it, Phil Mulryne had over 10 trials since being released by Cardiff...... hes too old at 30, your not going to be too old until your 65.If a city player on 2k per week earnt that 2k per week for 10 years, and then becomes a builder or runs a small pub for 20 years (e.g. Carl Bradshaw) on £500 a week, but you kept your 1k a week (which is a hell of a lot of money) for 30 years...... who earns the most money in that 20 years?  After taking into consideration tax thresholds, the answer is actually you. You will earn more money over a 30 year period than most professional footballers. Im not talking about the premiership, im talking about people like Llewellyn, Ryan Jarvis, Che Wilson....... Many footballers actually retire feeling like they have lost out, no skills, no qualifications...... some of those would have been smart and paid their mortgage, others wouldnt have been smart.Football isnt all rosy, I know a former premiership yts footballer who is currently playing football in another country for £250 a week full time. He doesnt do that because he has no choice, he was a clever lad with a wealthy background, he does that out of a love for the game.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]

[/quote]If a city player on 2k per week earnt that 2k per week for 10 years, and then becomes a builder or runs a small pub for 20 years (e.g. Carl Bradshaw) on £500 a week, but you kept your 1k a week (which is a hell of a lot of money) for 30 years...... who earns the most money in that 20 years?  [/quote]

I meant 30 years

Does anyone really know what players do/will earn ?

It seems to me that someone comes up with some unsubstantiated figure then everybody jumps in and discusses it as gospel !

A lot of your post makes sense and I appreciate many youngsters never make the grade but that is the same in any job. The point I was making is that we pay our players too much money and that is obvious as we sell out every week yet have a £4M shortfall before a ball is kicked. Most of our squad are clearly not good enough and get paid far too much money, like the majority of footballers in the top leagues.

To survive as a business we need to balance the books and that means pay what we can afford and if that''s a max of £2K a week then so be it!

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

It seems to me that someone comes up with some unsubstantiated figure then everybody jumps in and discusses it as gospel !

[/quote]Yes, its been published several times.Average Championship:-   £195,750Average League One:- £67,850Average League Two:-  £49,600That was 2006 figures. Therefore, the bloke on this thread who earns a grand a week is better off than most league one or league two players. If you looked at the median wages, they would be quite a bit less, when you take into consideration the odd high earner. For example, if the figures were this years then Leicester and Leeds would be bumping up the average for league one.There is some great myths and stereotypes surrounding footballers, but their are league two players then become builders, teachers, policemen, firemen etc etc and earn more than they did playing.One of my PE teachers played professional cricket and he told me that at the time (early 90''s) he was earning more than the average second tier footballer.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

A lot of your post makes sense and I appreciate many youngsters never make the grade but that is the same in any job. The point I was making is that we pay our players too much money and that is obvious as we sell out every week yet have a £4M shortfall before a ball is kicked. Most of our squad are clearly not good enough and get paid far too much money, like the majority of footballers in the top leagues.

To survive as a business we need to balance the books and that means pay what we can afford and if that''s a max of £2K a week then so be it!

[/quote]I certainly agree with one thing....... we play OUR players too much money. Definetly. You only have to look at the wage bill in comparison with our squad, and then realise that it is of a worse standard than at least 10 clubs in this division with a better squad. Somebody on here gave the Preston example, good squad.... low wage bill.We have thrown money at sub standard players, probably more to do with poor managers with no idea of championship standards (e.g. roeder believing that Ameobi would rip the championship apart, and every other club laughing at us).I agree with your point though. 3k per week is only a little less than standard for championship clubs, and 2k a week is above standard for league one clubs. I would support such a cap.I personally think that bringing through people like Spillane and McDonald and telling them to earn a pay rise is exactly what we should be doing.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

Yes, its been published several times.

Average Championship:-   £195,750
Average League One:- £67,850
Average League Two:-  £49,600

That was 2006 figures. Therefore, the bloke on this thread who earns a grand a week is better off than most league one or league two players.

If you looked at the median wages, they would be quite a bit less, when you take into consideration the odd high earner. For example, if the figures were this years then Leicester and Leeds would be bumping up the average for league one.

There is some great myths and stereotypes surrounding footballers, but their are league two players then become builders, teachers, policemen, firemen etc etc and earn more than they did playing.

One of my PE teachers played professional cricket and he told me that at the time (early 90''s) he was earning more than the average second tier footballer.

[/quote]

Based on these figures, although up to 3 years old, the average wage for a championship player was circa £4K a week. No wonder so many people on here have such strong opinions about over paid footballers who fail to deliver. How many hours a week do they play/train and compare this to how long hours the rest of us have to put in. If you make it as a top pro you are very well looked after compared to the average punter. A classic example is Cody, he has been given his chance as a footballer and after working on a building site he realises how lucky he is and you can tell how hungry he was on Monday night, get 11 of these guys with this type of attitude and we would be top of the league!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]Yes, its been published several times.Average Championship:-   £195,750Average League One:- £67,850Average League Two:-  £49,600That was 2006 figures. Therefore, the bloke on this thread who earns a grand a week is better off than most league one or league two players. If you looked at the median wages, they would be quite a bit less, when you take into consideration the odd high earner. For example, if the figures were this years then Leicester and Leeds would be bumping up the average for league one.There is some great myths and stereotypes surrounding footballers, but their are league two players then become builders, teachers, policemen, firemen etc etc and earn more than they did playing.One of my PE teachers played professional cricket and he told me that at the time (early 90''s) he was earning more than the average second tier footballer.[/quote]

Based on these figures, although up to 3 years old, the average wage for a championship player was circa £4K a week. No wonder so many people on here have such strong opinions about over paid footballers who fail to deliver. How many hours a week do they play/train and compare this to how long hours the rest of us have to put in. If you make it as a top pro you are very well looked after compared to the average punter. A classic example is Cody, he has been given his chance as a footballer and after working on a building site he realises how lucky he is and you can tell how hungry he was on Monday night, get 11 of these guys with this type of attitude and we would be top of the league!!

[/quote]Yes, but that figure of 4k per week is distorted by a select few on stupid money. Particularly those that have come down from the Premiership. At the time, people like Dean Ashton, Marlon King, Clinton Morrison, Andy Johnson....... would have been on say 15-20k.So just because Clinton Morrison is walking into a shop buying a rolex, because he has been very fortunate, that makes a Crewe Alexander player an overpaid t*sser?I dont think that you could dispute that Dean Ashton is worth 20k a week to a team if he is going to score say 25 goals, as opposed to 5 Jamie Curetons on say 5k a week if they score 2 each.A player is worth what he earns for his club, our players have cost us about £9 million this year and achieved us absolutely nothing, in fact they have cost us money. Our promotion team cost us about £7m and won us a promotion worth £30m, that squad was worth the money.The fact that I completely agreed with your last point and yet you still want to argue with me is just, well, a shame. If you want to argue about overpaid people, why dont you tell me how much you earn, so that I can tell you how lucky you are to earn £30 an hour whilst 2 million people are unemployed?Your argument is a difficult one, I am a final year student who has no job, and will probably have to settle for 15k in this climate. Does that make you a lucky overpaid bloke who only has to do the same hours as me to earn three times the amount of money?To me, 52k is a lot of money. To you 104k is a lot of money. To those 208k is a lot of money. It is all relative, and trust me, you are not hard done by. I would want that extra 52k just to have to put up with people like you that stereotype and publicly criticise me for the job that I do.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]Yes, its been published several times.Average Championship:-   £195,750Average League One:- £67,850Average League Two:-  £49,600That was 2006 figures. Therefore, the bloke on this thread who earns a grand a week is better off than most league one or league two players. If you looked at the median wages, they would be quite a bit less, when you take into consideration the odd high earner. For example, if the figures were this years then Leicester and Leeds would be bumping up the average for league one.There is some great myths and stereotypes surrounding footballers, but their are league two players then become builders, teachers, policemen, firemen etc etc and earn more than they did playing.One of my PE teachers played professional cricket and he told me that at the time (early 90''s) he was earning more than the average second tier footballer.[/quote]

[/quote]

The fact that I completely agreed with your last point and yet you still want to argue with me is just, well, a shame. If you want to argue about overpaid people, **why dont you tell me what you do for a job**, so that I can tell you how lucky you are to earn £30 an hour whilst 2 million people are unemployed?[/quote]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]Im sorry, i didnt realise he wasnt allowed to suceed in life because you arent getting the same wage. He of course is a smart ass for earning so much and congratulations to him, i wouldnt dare ask you to be happy for him as well... Kharma my friend, Kharma.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]Yes, but that figure of 4k per week is distorted by a select few on stupid money. Particularly those that have come down from the Premiership. At the time, people like Dean Ashton, Marlon King, Clinton Morrison, Andy Johnson....... would have been on say 15-20k.So just because Clinton Morrison is walking into a shop buying a rolex, because he has been very fortunate, that makes a Crewe Alexander player an overpaid t*sser?I dont think that you could dispute that Dean Ashton is worth 20k a week to a team if he is going to score say 25 goals, as opposed to 5 Jamie Curetons on say 5k a week if they score 2 each.A player is worth what he earns for his club, our players have cost us about £9 million this year and achieved us absolutely nothing, in fact they have cost us money. Our promotion team cost us about £7m and won us a promotion worth £30m, that squad was worth the money.The fact that I completely agreed with your last point and yet you still want to argue with me is just, well, a shame. If you want to argue about overpaid people, why dont you tell me how much you earn, so that I can tell you how lucky you are to earn £30 an hour whilst 2 million people are unemployed?Your argument is a difficult one, I am a final year student who has no job, and will probably have to settle for 15k in this climate. Does that make you a lucky overpaid bloke who only has to do the same hours as me to earn three times the amount of money?To me, 52k is a lot of money. To you 104k is a lot of money. To those 208k is a lot of money. It is all relative, and trust me, you are not hard done by. I would want that extra 52k just to have to put up with people like you that stereotype and publicly criticise me for the job that I do.

[/quote]In addition, 64% of the footballers surveyed - despite the fact that it was anonymous - stated that they would SUPPORT a wage cap at 75% of a clubs annual turnover.So that goes to show that they are not necessarily all the greedy capitalist, money grabbing, club wrecking animals that you believe they are. 35% said that they wouldnt, that 35% deserve critiscm. The other 1% ''didnt know'' and they just deserve sympathy.But to tarnish all footballers with a brush, when 64% show a self awareness of the situation, just goes to prove my point. To be honest I am suprised that some others arent backing my case here.

[quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]Im sorry, i didnt realise he wasnt allowed to suceed in life because you arent getting the same wage. He of course is a smart ass for earning so much and congratulations to him, i wouldnt dare ask you to be happy for him as well... Kharma my friend, Kharma.[/quote]Oh im sorry, I didnt realise that footballers arent allowed to succeed in life but everybody else is?I was referring to academic achievements, I have a first class degree in the bag thanks, my point is that money is relative. His 1k a week will seem just as high as a footballers 2k a week seems to him.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

Yes, its been published several times.

Average Championship:-   £195,750
Average League One:- £67,850
Average League Two:-  £49,600

That was 2006 figures. Therefore, the bloke on this thread who earns a grand a week is better off than most league one or league two players.

If you looked at the median wages, they would be quite a bit less, when you take into consideration the odd high earner. For example, if the figures were this years then Leicester and Leeds would be bumping up the average for league one.

There is some great myths and stereotypes surrounding footballers, but their are league two players then become builders, teachers, policemen, firemen etc etc and earn more than they did playing.

One of my PE teachers played professional cricket and he told me that at the time (early 90''s) he was earning more than the average second tier footballer.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The fact that I completely agreed with your last point and yet you still want to argue with me is just, well, a shame. If you want to argue about overpaid people, **why dont you tell me what you do for a job**, so that I can tell you how lucky you are to earn £30 an hour whilst 2 million people are unemployed?

[/quote][/quote]

The forum is all about NCFC so let''s not get personal, how can you tell me that I get £30 a hour when you don''t know how many hours I work or what I get paid or that I have over 25 years experience in my role? If you want to discuss it over a pint I will buy you one tomorow at the game!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]Im sorry, i didnt realise he wasnt allowed to suceed in life because you arent getting the same wage. He of course is a smart ass for earning so much and congratulations to him, i wouldnt dare ask you to be happy for him as well... Kharma my friend, Kharma.[/quote]Oh im sorry, I didnt realise that footballers arent allowed to succeed in life but everybody else is?I was referring to academic achievements, I have a first class degree in the bag thanks, my point is that money is relative. His 1k a week will seem just as high as a footballers 2k a week seems to him.[/quote]And yet you pick him apart for it. He is in the same position as you if you put it like that. He sees a wage higher than his and wonders why, just as you are.. Doesnt matter what the figures are.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]Im sorry, i didnt realise he wasnt allowed to suceed in life because you arent getting the same wage. He of course is a smart ass for earning so much and congratulations to him, i wouldnt dare ask you to be happy for him as well... Kharma my friend, Kharma.[/quote]Oh im sorry, I didnt realise that footballers arent allowed to succeed in life but everybody else is?I was referring to academic achievements, I have a first class degree in the bag thanks, my point is that money is relative. His 1k a week will seem just as high as a footballers 2k a week seems to him.[/quote]I mean i WASNT referring to academic achievements. He can criticise a footballers earnings, I can criticise his. That my friend, is what *Karma is about.

[quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Rupethebear"]That''s a grand a week more than I get, easy life too!![/quote]Some could say the exact same thing to you, considering you earn twice the average wage and many are redundant, smartar*e![/quote]Im sorry, i didnt realise he wasnt allowed to suceed in life because you arent getting the same wage. He of course is a smart ass for earning so much and congratulations to him, i wouldnt dare ask you to be happy for him as well... Kharma my friend, Kharma.[/quote]Oh im sorry, I didnt realise that footballers arent allowed to succeed in life but everybody else is?I was referring to academic achievements, I have a first class degree in the bag thanks, my point is that money is relative. His 1k a week will seem just as high as a footballers 2k a week seems to him.[/quote]And yet you pick him apart for it. He is in the same position as you if you put it like that. He sees a wage higher than his and wonders why, just as you are.. Doesnt matter what the figures are.[/quote]No, you have got this wrong. I am defending footballers, not being envious of his wages. I dont have the emotion known as jealousy, I am not a jealous person and couldnt care less what he earns. I am not some communist fanatic, and dont worry.... I intend to earn good money as well. My point is that if he can criticise the amount that a footballer earns, because it is easier money and more than his wage, then somebody in a lesser position can criticise his. My point is not that he earns too much, for all I know he could be a doctor or something else that easily justifies such a wage.My point is solely that money is relative. If he was on £1m a year, then a footballer on 200k could criticise his money, I bet he wouldnt be very happy about it. Simple as.