Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

How very very depressing that Gunny wants the job permanently, and the board look like ratifying this next week

So whether we stay up or not it looks like the board will still remain TOTALLY untouchable and cling on to their mantra ''prudence WITHOUT ambition'', as they have done fervently for the past four years. If this board remains as it is and Gunny is appointed permanently as manager the future of our beloved club is even more bleak, if thats possible. We all know this board has proved time and time again that they are not only massively incompetent, but they are also out of touch with reality when it comes to knowing and understanding the feelings and wishes of fans. Doncaster continues to prattle on like the complete buffoon that he actually is, whilst Delia has disappeared completely off the radar, along with the other cronies that are so effectively guiding us towards obscurity. Like many fans I can''t quite comprehend or accept the reality of this dire situation, although have had enough realism to comment many times in this forum as to the bleak future for the club if the board continued to bury their heads in the proverbial sand, continued to stumble from one disastrous appointment to another, and continued to allow the playing side of the club to weaken and deteriorate to the pathetic levels we witnessed in our last home game. Whats even sadder is that many fans have faith in this board, and share their excitement of playing League 1 (Division 3) football, where our mediocrity and lack of ambition will be less noticeable, and for some, acceptable. Make no mistake in footballing terms at a local level Norwich being relegated is a disaster, and the whole Carrow Road operation will have to be scaled down even further, with the consequence of promotion back to the Championship being even tougher. PLEASE, if we do go down, lets try and bring about a change at Carrow Road. A good start would be a change of board and manager, and a shift in emphasis from amateurish enthusiasm to informed ambition. If we stay up, then I for one will be as relieved and pleased as anyone, and there will be even more urgency for the changes suggested in this posting. On The Ball City!

When they appoint Gunn as manager full time, they will have to think again after the first, straight, 10 defeats, see us stranded at the bottom of League One

The difference

The Scum - Finish 8th in league - sack the manager and get a top rated manager in = AMBITIOUS CLUB

Our Club - Hovering near relegation, sack the manager and get the carvery host in = GET THE FANS OF THE BOARDS BACK EMPLOY A HERO CLUB

If the club had no ambition and was resolved to relegation should have kept Roeder in charge............instead got a board and manager frightened of fans

Heard Gunn applied for job 10 years ago - if he was intent in becoming a manager why didnt he get any coaching badges or coaching experience in 10 years

Gunn lottery came in when he was appointed - and if pre-season is in Scotland take it the job has already been given to him!

Lets hope a miracle occurs today.....and the club become ambitious

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If Gunn is made full time manager, I will return my season ticket.[/quote]Clearly, that''s meant to read "I will cancel NEXT SEASON''S season ticket".

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If Gunn is made full time manager, I will return my season ticket.

[/quote]

There is hope for you young Padawan.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If Gunn is made full time manager, I will return my season ticket.[/quote]

There is hope for you young Padawan.

[/quote]YOU''RE NOT MY FATHER!  I''LL NEVER RULE THE UNIVERSE WITH YOU!

Yeah - if this is the way it goes it''s a bummer. I think we may not have given the bloke a fair shot yet, but if all carries on regardless this summer without the obvious need of a major and early review, then we have worries.

[quote user="Romantic"]Yeah - if this is the way it goes it''s a bummer. I think we may not have given the bloke a fair shot yet, but if all carries on regardless this summer without the obvious need of a major and early review, then we have worries.[/quote]

Gunny cant get us out of league 1 (if we go there), he subs 2 late, he played gow on the right and he is all left on monday...

but he is a city ledge not a manger.