Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Re: OT - Ricky Hatton

Holy ****! I wasn''t expecting that, can''t believe I stayed up all night for a fight that didn''t even last 2 rounds, Ricky looked way, way out of his depth tonight. Pac Man floored him twice in the first round and then knocked him out cold in the second. Hope Ricky is ok but that was really uncomftable viewing, I actually felt embarished for Ricky as I don''t think anyone expected Pac Man to win so easily.

Ricky surely has to retire now, I guess Ricky was just an over-rated fighter who could never compete with the best. I''m gutted for him.

bit harsh, Ricky Hatton had bags of steel over his career, somethining that i wish a few of our players had more of!, but yeah, ''Pacman'' was a class above tonight, great fighter, and true threat to Mayweather!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]bit harsh, Ricky Hatton had bags of steel over his career, somethining that i wish a few of our players had more of!, but yeah, ''Pacman'' was a class above tonight, great fighter, and true threat to Mayweather!
[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong Ricky was a great fighter but when it came to the worlds best, i.e Mayweather and Pac Man it was like men amongst boys. I mean lets be honest Ricky has been fighting people who were past their sell by date throughout most of his career and alot of people here in the UK have been guilty of believeing that he could be the next pound for pound king, wasn''t to be though, such a shame because Ricky does seem like a genuinely nice bloke which is rare in this sport.

Lets hope that this fight doesn''t prove to be a bad omen for our game today.

somethings drawn me to him more than any other british boxer somewhat tho, the guy just seems to have a great mentality and i think he''s one of the few who really reached his ''supposed'' potential and went further despite how good he turned out, sometimes it ain''t all about being the best!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

lets be honest Ricky has been fighting people who were past their sell by date throughout most of his career

[/quote]

I''m sorry mate but that''s complete rubbish. He''s the only British fighter in the last 10/15 years who hasn''t spent his whole career dodging the elite fighters. I''m absolutely gutted this morning but I''m not suddenly going to forget Hatton going to war throughout his career, most notably with Tszyu.

And for me, he was in touch in the Mayweather fight but for an absolutely outrageous performance from the ref. I''m not saying he would have won, but if Mayweather had been made to fight , things could have been very different.

Pacman obviously demolished Hatton last night but at least he can look back at his career and know that he fought the very best, albeit he didn''t quite have what it took, but there''s no shame in that.