Sign in to follow this  
Albyella

No Win Situation

Sorry if this has a similar theme to other threads, but with a couple of hours to go to the start of what is possibly the most telling game in our recent history, I cannot get rid of this feeling that whatever the outcome today, we lose.

Yes, I will be in front of my computer or sky or wherever and if we make the great escape then I will be euphoric, but I know that will be short-lived as I think again how I see things right now.

IF we escape, then what real positives are there - ok, we keep our payments for being in Championship, but Gunny (much as I love the guy) will be labelled a hero for keeping us up, Doomcaster will spout about how we should be proud that our "Great Club" has fought its way to safety (just as he predicted), Delia will probably come out of the closet and hold a wine-tasting evening in celebration. Then what? - another year, or two, or three of the same?

If we go down, well the positives are practically non-existent apart from the fact that it may be finally time for a rethink as far as the board and their policy of prudence goes, and that could spark a revitalised Norwich. But of course it may also not, nothing''s guaranteed.

So for me, this is a very sad day indeed whichever way it goes, and in the 40-odd years that I have supported the City, I have never been so despondent as I am now - this is topped with the knowledge that those in Poorman Rd will take absolute delight in letting us know our situation, and more than that they have come out of the cess-pit with some real ambition.

[quote user="wycombe canary"]

Sorry if this has a similar theme to other threads, but with a couple of hours to go to the start of what is possibly the most telling game in our recent history, I cannot get rid of this feeling that whatever the outcome today, we lose.

Yes, I will be in front of my computer or sky or wherever and if we make the great escape then I will be euphoric, but I know that will be short-lived as I think again how I see things right now.

IF we escape, then what real positives are there - ok, we keep our payments for being in Championship, but Gunny (much as I love the guy) will be labelled a hero for keeping us up, Doomcaster will spout about how we should be proud that our "Great Club" has fought its way to safety (just as he predicted), Delia will probably come out of the closet and hold a wine-tasting evening in celebration. Then what? - another year, or two, or three of the same?

If we go down, well the positives are practically non-existent apart from the fact that it may be finally time for a rethink as far as the board and their policy of prudence goes, and that could spark a revitalised Norwich. But of course it may also not, nothing''s guaranteed.

So for me, this is a very sad day indeed whichever way it goes, and in the 40-odd years that I have supported the City, I have never been so despondent as I am now - this is topped with the knowledge that those in Poorman Rd will take absolute delight in letting us know our situation, and more than that they have come out of the cess-pit with some real ambition.

[/quote]

Well today is like sitting in court waiting for the jury to return, not that i have ever waited for a jury

I''m not too optimistic about next season, whichever division we end up in. I think it''s going to be yet another long struggle against relegation, with our mediocre team gaining few points away once more. I''m not at all convinced that Mr.Gunn is the answer. And I know our board is not the answer - they''ve proved that incontrovertibly over the last 13 years.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

its like russian roulette...keep flurting with danger and eventually you WILL find the bullet

city 2: 0 charlton

barnsley 1:2  plimuff

OTBC

[/quote]

Is the FA giving us and Barnsley special treatment by letting us play at home?