Sign in to follow this  
BOOM!!

Relegation Tears

Simple question really.. will you cry if we go down tomorrow? I''ll be taking the tissues just incase !

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No ''cos it''s really not worth crying over bloody football.[/quote]To be fair ill be annoyed ,not really sure my mind has set that we are actually in this position! but a tear may be shed, this is a big day for Norwich city, i went to Munich, i went to ayesome park when we quailfed for europe, and the last Kop game of the season, millinium stadium  we could go on, this will be a sad day!come on you yellows and pilgrims!!

I''ll be absolutely crushed but I won''t cryI''ll either be near onions or have something in my eye [:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No ''cos it''s really not worth crying over bloody football.[/quote]Too true, when you read the news regarding Major Phil Packer still only half way around the London Marathon because he has no legs, and he''s busting a gut to raise money for other serviceman/women.  It put things into perspective. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090502/tuk-hero-soldier-s-half-way-marathon-mar-dba1618.html

Not a chance.

Whilst Norwich City and football are a big part of my life, if you compared it to my fantastic kids and 3 beautiful grandchildren it pales into insignificance in a massive way.

Them I would cry over, football is a mere distraction I''m afraid, albeit a big one.

Can I add that one of those grandchildren was born last night so this weekend will only ever go down in my mind for one reason, and it''s not football.[:D]

No, I wont cry.   I did that Monday night prior to joining the protest.  All I will say is come on Norwich and Plymouth!!!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Not a chance.

Whilst Norwich City and football are a big part of my life, if you compared it to my fantastic kids and 3 beautiful grandchildren it pales into insignificance in a massive way.

Them I would cry over, football is a mere distraction I''m afraid, albeit a big one.

[/quote]

ditto

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Can I add that one of those grandchildren was born last night so this weekend will only ever go down in my mind for one reason, and it''s not football.[:D]

[/quote]

Congratulations Inchy [:)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Not a chance.

[/quote]Well said. Some people need to get a life.

well, sadly, i''m 21 and have no kids or that to care about, got a mother, father and sister and plenty of other family, but i''ll still be gutted if/when we go down tomorrow, i''ll hibernate in my room for a few hours, away from my housemates, and i suppose i''ll see what happens, i didn''t cry the last 2 times tho, i was in the leeds stand when we went down in 95 and i managed to hold back, but hey, we''ll see what happens, i suppose i understand it more now :(

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No ''cos it''s really not worth crying over bloody football.[/quote]

If you feel that way what the f**k are you doing posting on a ''football'' message board?!?

[/quote]Huh?

Just to helpfully add to that: I''m a bit confused as you''ve just asked what I''m doing posting on a football message board, and then promptly going on to agree with someone else who essentially has the same opinion as me.

Of course I''ll cry I''m a lady!!! But the funny thing I''ll cry as well if we stay up!!![:''(][:''(]. Congrats Inchy on the new arrival[:D][B][<:o)]

[quote user="diesel doris"]Of course I''ll cry I''m a lady!!! But the funny thing I''ll cry as well if we stay up!!![:''(][:''(]. Congrats Inchy on the new arrival[:D][B][<:o)][/quote]

So will half the blokes but some will be too macho to admit it of course !

Yes I will cry, and don''t mind admitting it. It won''t be the first time and I guess nor will it be the last time I have cried over our football club. To say the last month has had me wracked with nerves, sorrow, anger and the rest would be an understatement.

So, yes whatever the result today, I will cry, if not just for myself and all the wonderful city fans I know personally, many of whom have been lifelong friends, but also for the great club we all support, and I am sure one day will be great again.

Inchy - congratulations on your new grandchild. Another city fan!

I''ll come close if we go down but been expecting it for a long time so i''m used to the idea of League 1 but i tell you what i''ll cry like a baby if we stay up because i''ve prepared for relegation and the shock of staying up could just push me over the edge,no shame in crying over any thing fellas,i shed tears when my kids were born and when my Wife was taken ill, and if i want to shed some this afternoon i will, yes there are people in this world who have lots to cry over and Football sometimes is an escape from the pain of real life problems and no one should mock any fan who they see crying because maybe it''s a release of other problems.

No.

Got so used to failure at City for the last 4 years it''s not really a surprise that we are going down. It''s been on the cards anyway for the last 3 years and no one running the club seems to want to change things so it was inevitable!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No ''cos it''s really not worth crying over bloody football.
[/quote]

If you feel that way what the f**k are you doing posting on a ''football'' message board?!?

[/quote]

I think you''ve lost it pal. What a stupid think to say.

I would never cry over Football, it''s a mere distraction in life compared to the REAL important things but I''ll be absolutely devastated if we go down and Doris has decided to go to Bingo tonight,as she put it ''just in case your moaping around the house!'' Bless her.

i have cried once because of football.. as a 10 year old nipper watching us lose the FA cup semi final to sunderland.. our best bloody chance to get to wembley, probably ever, and we blew it.... doubt we''ll ever get that chance again tbh.

I won''t cry if we go down, the first rule of supporting City is that you get used to them letting you down quickly, im already accepting of our fate, its not like we still have a massive chance like we did vs Fulham where i could understand some people getting upset. we are down now, we have been for weeks, theres been no brave attempt at a fight back, no rallying calls in the press, no togetherness from the fans.

im just bloody angry its got to this stage and that its been allowed to get to this stage.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i have cried once because of football.. as a 10 year old nipper watching us lose the FA cup semi final to sunderland.. our best bloody chance to get to wembley, probably ever, and we blew it.... doubt we''ll ever get that chance again tbh.

I won''t cry if we go down, the first rule of supporting City is that you get used to them letting you down quickly, im already accepting of our fate, its not like we still have a massive chance like we did vs Fulham where i could understand some people getting upset. we are down now, we have been for weeks, theres been no brave attempt at a fight back, no rallying calls in the press, no togetherness from the fans.

im just bloody angry its got to this stage and that its been allowed to get to this stage.

jas :)

[/quote]

Sums it up for me jas, how has it been allowed to get to relegation to league 1 and how has the Cook got away with the mistakes her and the board have made over the last few years!!

I shed my tears when they appointed Gunn............okay,  there was a tiny glimmer of hope wth him, but that soon faded!

All I have left now is anger.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just to helpfully add to that: I''m a bit confused as you''ve just asked what I''m doing posting on a football message board, and then promptly going on to agree with someone else who essentially has the same opinion as me.[/quote]Indeed!Anyway, I won''t cry but I will key the neighbour''s car and defecate all over his front doorstep.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Just to helpfully add to that: I''m a bit confused as you''ve just asked what I''m doing posting on a football message board, and then promptly going on to agree with someone else who essentially has the same opinion as me.[/quote]Indeed!Anyway, I won''t cry but I will key the neighbour''s car and defecate all over his front doorstep.[/quote]Typical Sunday night, really.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I shed my tears when they appointed Gunn............okay,  there was a tiny glimmer of hope wth him, but that soon faded!

All I have left now is anger.

[/quote]

Yes but Wiz anger turns to hate and hate leads to the dark side!!!!

In all honesty Wiz i think the anger felt by ourselves is affecting more and more fans and will the Cook will get away with it for much longer,i''m not sure.

No tears from me either......at least not until next seasons fixture list comes out and we get knocked out in the first round of the FA cup instead of the third!

I won''t cry but I will feel angry that things have been allowed to get this bad, I have been expecting this to happen for a couple of seasons now so it isn''t really a great surprise we''re in this position. If relegation forces change at the top it could even be the turning point but if we go down to league 1 under the same board then it could get even worse. I''m clinging to the hope that relegation will force change at the top and a whole new beginning.