Sign in to follow this  
bananaman

Dry your eyes

That''s it, I''m afraid.

Just dry your bloody eyes, for pity''s sake!!

There''s 28 games left, there''s premiership football at Carrow Road and we are much better off than we have been for a decade. Yes, we are struggling in this league, but - honestly - did you really expect not to?

As if one £3m+ striker will fix all the minor problems with our team!! Even DDiM''s mood has blackened...

People have a right to be angry at the 1st half, but in the grand scheme of things, just ask yourself -

- where did you - honestly - expect to be at this point in the season?
- which one player (that we can afford) do you think can change our entire season on his own?
- why hasn''t spending loads of money worked for Birmingham, WBA and (to a degree) Man Utd?

here bloody here

If only supporters left the managing to the managers, the finances to the directors and the supporting to the................well supporters 

Nah, I know we all want to have an opinion and that''s whats its all about at the end of the day, but when the same old topics go and on, you have to stop and think sometimes.......what''s the point?   Leave it to the men that are paid to make the decisions, get your shirt on and sing your bloody head off, On the ball city...........

Of course you are right on this, I honestly beleive from a pure footballing point of view we have played better football than I could have dreamt about. At times we are naive due to lack of Premiership experience, at times our finishing has been bad. The bottom line is the finishing against us has been more ruthless than ours & when you look at the other teams substitute bench they have lots of attacking options compared to us. We are learning & will continue to learn & as frustrating as it is there is nothing else the Football Club can currently do other than to keep doing what they are doing.

Good points Banaman. I didn''t think we would be out of the relegation places but I did expect us to have a win under our belts by now.  As regards to a striker, I honestly don''t know who is the answer, maybe Roberts or Ellington from Wigan? We do need a goal poacher though, is there anyone coming through the ranks?  For your 3rd point, teams need  time to gel. 

Whilst Im not one of the spend 10 Million brigade I have been since the beginning of the season one of the "why bother getting promoted if we are not going to give it our best shot" brigade and our failure to sign a striker pre season was a major blow to any chance we have of staying up.

We have so far given it our best shot and the team has played beyond what we could have expected competing across the park with the best in the premiership. The one area we have been a 1st division side is in front of goal and this will in the long term mean we end up back in the first division.

You have hit the nail firmly on the head, If we were completely hopeless and outclassed throughout the team a decent striker would make absolutely no difference, but we haven''t. a quality striker and we would be mid table easy. Villa, West Brom, Palace should have all been wins.

Much better off than we have been for a decade ? on what scale, financially maybe but not in terms of excitement and feel good factor.

I never thought Svennson and Mckenzie would be the answer in the premier League in fact I wasn''t that sure they would cut it in the first division. I was praying to be proved wrong and still hope I may be but I doubt it.

Do you remember Iwan and Bellamy upfront ??

Something other than burying heads in the sand needed to be done and sadly wasn''t.

Maybe Ashton would be the answer I don''t know all I know is that Everton had about three chances saturday afternoon and I lost count of how many we had and we lost 3-2.

Hurrah - the first thread on here for ages worth responding to.

You are quite right in everything you say.  Whatever is happening I would much rather be us than Blackburn, Southampton or West Brom at this stage.

There have only been two times this season when I felt we really haven''t looked like we belonged in this league - Liverpool away and Everton first half.

Other than those I think we have done well considering where we were 13 months ago when Neilsen, Abbey and Elvis Hammond looked like the future!

I too would wish everyone would stop moaning about every aspect of this season - granted raise the pertinent points and complain when it is bad like Saturdays first half (which Worthy admitted was rubbish) but to question Worthy''s management is non-sense.  If International players can''t pass the ball to one of their own there ain''t a lot he can do (apart from take them off at halftime (Helveg) or stick them on the bench (Safri).

• Damo''s needs a rocket up his backside - because when he plays and does what he does best he goes some drive from midfield.
  • Leave Holty alone - he played well on Saturday and dealt with Graveson a whole lot better than we did at their place in the cup.  Granted he ain''t the best passer but Mulryne isn''t ging to track someone for 70 yards just to ensure they don''t get the ball.
  • If Mulryne plays who is going to win the ball and give it to him so he can pass it. I would like to see him play and if we could get away with 12 players then I would have him in their with Damo and Holty.
  • Name the four players likely to be seen in the pub together and then tie that to the players who haven''t appeared too much this season.  Worthy likes the stable boys a lot more than the shandy boys. 

I appreciate we could do with a striker and I would favour Ashton as I feel he is our type of player.  But everyone should not assume he is the answer to our prayers.  That pressure would be unfair on him and he has never played higher than Division One.  I believ Leon should be given a chance until Christmas - a proper run in the side.  He has only had three starts.  If Matty plays like he did on Saturday then Worthy can''t drop him. He needs to work hard to be an asset.

The mix of arguments for strikers has been extreme:

• Spend £5 million - on who?
  • Give Jarvis a chance - why does he deserve a chance over Leon?
  • Ellington or Roberts from Wigan - as if they are going to sell to us! Roberts at West Brom anyone!
  • Why didn''t we keep Iwan - because he had to drag himself off the treatment table to play at all last year, on high wages, and past his best.  Granted he would have been better than Doherty but then so would my goldfish.

How did Drury not get Man of the Match on Saturday.

Did anyone see the Reserves last week when according to the reports Shackell outplayed Doherty?

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY, AFTER 9 YEARS OF WAITING TO GO UP I DONT WANT TO GO DOWN I DIDNT COME INTO THE PREM TO LOOK AT THE NICE STADIUMS AND SEE THE TOP CLUBS BEAT US .I WANT US TO WIN EVERY GAME AND STAND UP AND BE COUNTED SO MANY PEOPLE ARE TALKING LIKE YOU BANANAMAN IF YOU WANT TO WATCH 2ND RATED FOOTBAL THEN GO DOWN THE ROAD TO SCUM.

Well said KOL, it''s about time we stopped playing the small time country bumpkin club. A few years ago the papers were full of people telling Chase to spend money on a new striker, he failed to do so and the rest is history. At the time people didn''t realise how much in debt we were. But being in the top league nowadays is worth mega bucks compared to then and if we go down and fail to return within a couple of years we will again be faced with having to sell our best players just to survive.

Thought you were a Streets fan for a moment then bananaman!   Don''t worry, I''m not going to throw in the towel yet.  Like you say there is a long way to go and I''m damn sure I''ll enjoy every minute of it, million pound striker or not!

King of Latvia and Kdncmsnakfd (or whatever your name is ) I didn''t say I wanted to get relegated!

Why does seeing things realistically make me an Ipswich fan???

That''s total nonsense.

"Win every game"? Yeah, right. It''s not Championship Manager you know, you don''t just spend £3.5m and become instantly better. The players have to be right, and I reckon if we played Sven, Leon and Hucks we would have a good chance of staying up.

Out of order KOL - banamaman is entitled to his opinion and its just as valid as yours even if they do differ - give him some respect please.OTBC

Nobby G :-How much is your goldfish for sale for ?If he''s hopeless up front we could always try him in the remaining 10 positions - and then try him again just to make sure - whilst we''re heading for the premiership trapdoor -just to keep those fans happy who can''t possibly believe a player (or fish) is just not good enough.

The fish has put in a transfer request but would cost at least £1.2m - which may (or may not) put him out of our price bracket.  He has the capability of playing centre half as well although rumour has it he ain''t too good there either.

Anyway we can''t buy him until January due to the Transfer Window.

Here is a question.....

What do they all have in common and then spot the odd one out:

Jamie Redknapp

Dietmar Hamaan

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

All three can''t tackle and when they have attempted in the last few weeks they have all managed an awful attempt.

How do Redknapp and Van Nistelrooy get called up to the FA and Hamaan gets away with it. 

Must be soemthing to do with the ref giving him a yellow card at the time - although I am sure Redknapp got booked at the time of his.

Anyway back to the thread of this thread - I love my club whatever is happening. 

I found a negative of a photo of me and my sister in the San Siro, took it into the the old developers and am having a 15" by 10" done to put on my wall.  This will go pride of place next to my 4 Grimsby away tickets.

what are we actually debating here?facts about all of us fans:1. we are loving the fact that we are in premiership after all this time. no doubt.2. we do not want to get relegated this year3. we do not think that the position we are currently in is vastly different from where most of us expected to be at this point.4. we want norwich to be better; more ruthless; less prone to error etc etc.5. we need to strengthen the squad, particularly up front, if we want to increase our chances of survival.each match that comes and goes gives us an opportunity to see what''s working and what isn''t. it allows us to speculate about who should be in the team and who isn''t. it provides us with raw material to talk about scenarios about which players we would add to the squad and debate the likelihood of our acquiring such players. it gives us material to discuss whether the club should spend 5 million on 1 player or 1 million on 5 players.at the end of all that, we each have an opinion and we look forward to the next match to discuss it all yet again in the following week. isn''t that what we DO?people can complain -- it''s their right. people can fight against the moaners -- it''s their right. but we basically ALL agree on the core issues that bind us all in our support of the club.so what are we debating here?

Listen up bananarama(or whatever your name is) it is unrealistic to be relegated and expect to bounce straight back with several clubs in the chumpionship in with a shout of promotion. That damn league is getting harder to escape from every year. We are already in the prem and we might as well give it a damn good go in a bid to survive, and that involves spending a bit more than we have. If we were to say spend 3 million on a striker and we did go down then that player would have a resale value, so in effect it''s not really a gamble at all as long as we don''t pay over the odds. The team have done exceptionally well so far this season and we are not far away from being a mid table team. No one in their right mind would want to see the club put at risk but the feeling is that the club have been to cautious in their approach, that is my opinion and having not missed a home game for 32 years and attending several away games in that time I think it is my right to express my views.

[quote]The fish has put in a transfer request but would cost at least £1.2m - which may (or may not) put him out of our price bracket. He has the capability of playing centre half as well although rumour ha...[/quote]

We could buy him if he''s not contracted to a club.

[quote]The fish has put in a transfer request but would cost at least £1.2m - which may (or may not) put him out of our price bracket. He has the capability of playing centre half as well although rumour ha...[/quote]

Dry your eyes, just try and DAB ''em with a tissue, and why do we CARP on about fish. Is this the PLAICE for such a topic ? All you do is FLOUNDER around without a RAY of sense LINGering when you''ve finished.

Why don''t you go and support a Football CHUB instead ?