Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Holt or Mulryne

The cases for the defence are as follows:

Holt - Good ball winner who runs up and down the park all afternoon giving his all.

Mulryne - Good passer of the ball when he is in a forward passing frame of mind.

The cases against the defence

Holt - Distribution is not top class

Mulryne - Will not fight to win the ball

So we have Holt who is a terrier and will fight to win the ball but is not the best distributor and we have Mulryne who on his day is a good passer but then we lose the fighting ability to win the ball in the first place.

SO WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE!!! 

[quote]Question When was the last time Mulryne set up a goal with one of his "passes"??[/quote]

I tell you, David Nielseon scored at Deepdale....

Holt easily, saturday he showed how much he has adapted to the prem, first class.

The week before against the Baggies one of the WBA forum posters reckoned Holt was our star man.

Mulryne at his rare best and at his least laziest would might then, and only then, get my vote.

I think people forget too easily on this forum.

I remember Mulryne being the sole reason we''d win matches. Had it not been for the falling out with Worthy he''d still be in the team no question.

He''s the best passer of the ball this club has.

[quote]I think people forget too easily on this forum. I remember Mulryne being the sole reason we''d win matches. Had it not been for the falling out with Worthy he''d still be in the team no question. He''s...[/quote]

Not forgotten at all Beds Canary, on the contrary well remembered, when he first came here great, but then he lapsed into the comfort zone, you know 1st. name on team sheet, no need to work hard, will still be picked etc.

Him and Rivers both, and you know that is not the way to Worthy''s heart is it ? Not a matter of falling out with him but more like making himself unselectable.

You can''t pick a player on what he did 2/3 years back. The question asked was who would you pick now.

As I said If he reproduces the talent he undoubtably has and prepared to work for 90mins then we have number 1 midfielder.

Best passer of the ball ? you may be right, it''s up to him to show it by way of the reserves.

[quote]Holt, if unavailable then Safri, if unavailable then some randomer off the street! Mulryne has played his last football in a yellow shirt[/quote]

Spoke to Mulryne at half time on sat as he was sitting in Jarrold stand. Told him that he was needed on the pitch and as to why he was out of favour. Was it cos he had "had a ruck" with worthy? The answer from him was not very convincing that all was smelling of roses. Infact he tried to back track his answer as I think he realised he had said too much.DDiM i think you may be right

Hey Essex Boy - didn''t we talk about this on Sat on Row S?  You said Mullers had told you he had been fit for the last four matches and I told you about his performance in the Reserves against Palace.  He certainly didn''t seem fit then!!  I agree that he should be given a chance though, but then, shouldn''t Safri?  Of course not while Holt still has two legs and three lungs though.

OTBC

We cannot always go by how what we have seen on the pitch. In the training some players may be really fired up, some may be slightly unfit etc. So i would say whichever one NW plays is the best one to be played

Would go for Holt, but would hope for a new signing to partner Francis when the window opens.

Mulryne will either be sold or loaned then, or may even part of the deal.

As far as I know, the falling out related to many incidents, with a phone conversation whilst on international duty the most prominent.

[quote]Would go for Holt, but would hope for a new signing to partner Francis when the window opens. Mulryne will either be sold or loaned then, or may even part of the deal. As far as I know, the falling...[/quote]

Explain more about the phone call SSC  !    Wasn''t a rude one was it ?

Well Jim, apparently Mulryne was at the airport ready to come back from one of his intenational call ups. He was flying back as he was not in the team, or on the bench, so he decided to fly back early.

Allegedly, NW got to hear about it, and rang Mulryne to say that if he got on the plane, he would never play internationally or for Norwich again. Suffice to say, Mulryne stayed where he was and did not fly back early.

All of this is second hand information, not from the horse''s mouth so to speak, but generally my source is reliable.

If it is true, it kind of explains a few things though doesn''t it.